“Great Place To Stop”
Review of Hot Dog Stand - CLOSED

Hot Dog Stand
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I found this place entirely by accident while exploring the area on my motorcycle. I had some of the best fried oysters I have had, hands down, anywhere! That was a year ago and I'm heading 175 miles back there tomorrow for some more!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

After doing 2 previous reviews on "The Hot Dog Stand", it's now officially named "Keaton Beach Hot Dog Stand and reopened about 7 weeks ago under a new owner/ leaser. Upon my recent 2 day visit at Keaton Beach a few days ago, I found out some things had changed. Unfortunately they no longer do breakfast on Sat & Sunday's. Only one or two of the previous staff are still there, but everyone was very friendly and made great efforts to accommodate us. My fishing partner and I had 2 meals there. Their club sandwich with fries was very good & well priced. Our evening seafood meal though, turned out to be off the mark, as it only had fair quality, poor quantity and was not a good value as we felt it was over priced by $5 or $6. The grouper & shrimp tasted OK, but nothing real memorable. Their homemade peach cobbler with ice cream was very good, and nicely priced at $2.50, being an exceptional value. So our latest visit, based off just a couple of meals, revealed that the smaller food items or meals, appear to be a better value than maybe the larger higher priced ones. With having only been open for a short time, no doubt it takes time to streamline and tweak things. With a lesser than normal scallop season occurring right now due to the darker water color from the heavy rains, I'm sure that the streamline process is even more challenging, with the less than anticipated business this time of year, While not everything is in line just yet, there is still some good food and value.

To the previous owners, "Thanks for some good memories and some of the best food in Florida, and my sincere condolences to the whole family". To the new owners, I wish you the best and thanks for reopening the Hot Dog Stand as it's a convenient and great asset to the community. See ya the next time I visit Keaton Beach.

1  Thank fishchaser
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Closed as of June 5, 2012 due to death of owner. Unlikely to reopen soon.

1  Thank RogerDR26
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My return trip to Keaton Beach and The Hot Dog Stand 1 year later, was as good as before. Really great! Their hot dogs are good, but they specialize in seafood & steaks that are fresh and well prepared. Our party of 6 fished for 7 days and we ate all but 4 of our meals here. The shrimp were giants and the oysters were as good as any top billed restaurant in Florida. The owner and staff made us feel right at home, which makes our trip to Keaton complete.
The operation is rather small, so the kitchen can get backed up when business is heavy, which is usually in the evenings, but especially weekends, from 6-8 pm. We don't mind the little extra wait as the rewards of a superb meal, way overshadows any delays. We hope The Hot Dog Stand and current owners are there for many years to come, as Keaton wouldn't be quite the same without them. .

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Was visiting Keaton Beach and was pleasantly surprised when I stopped in for lunch. For a small, off-the-beaten-path restaurant, the service was fast. The French Fries were some of the best I have ever consummed. The ice tea was also fresh and cold. a great place for a down-to-earth quick lunch.