“Filthy doesn't begin to explain this hotel”
Review of Econo Lodge Perry

Econo Lodge Perry
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Perry
Atlanta
“Filthy doesn't begin to explain this hotel”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Every negative reviews found on TripAdvisor is true about this hotel. The ceiling tiles were drooping in our room, the floor in the bathroom was filthy and clearly haven't been mopped in months. The bathtub was stained with grim. The furniture was vandalized with ink pen graffitti, woke up with a stiff neck from the worn out pillows and the Krem DeGraw was the nasel excrement we found on next to the bed on the wall. I can't believe this was listed as 2-star accommodations nor that Priceline had the nerve to sale it was an express deal. Belive the warnings, spend the extra cash to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Commack, NY
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stopped here just as the torrential rain started. The room was on the ground floor, with easy access to my car just outside my room. The room was clean and up-to-date. A very modest breakfast is included.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Nelson, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This has to be one of the worst hotels I've ever picked while on the road. I try to be fair with older hotels but this one is definitely not clean. As I look up, I am hoping the ceiling tile above the bed does not fall on my head while I'm sleeping- all of them are bulging, water damaged and coming out of their rims. The room is actually dirty, not just old, dirty.

Older hotels are fine when they are the right price for their condition. This is a $24.95 a night kind of hotel not a $55.95 AAA discount + tax hotel.

Had I not been so road-weary and tired I would've demanded a refund and checked into another hotel, but i am exhausted and did not want to keep driving in the dark trying to find something else. It's really bad. I stayed at a hotel once where I found horse manure in the phone and this is even worse.

DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Plan ahead. Try to figure out where you'll be at the end of your driving day and book something...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Perry hotels

Pensacola, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013

If you want cheap then this is the place for you. If you want clean then you don't want to stay here. The evening desk person was very nice, but the other two I dealt with were not as nice. The carpet is coming up off the floor next to the bathroom. I stepped on the stripping and stuck a nail in my foot. The carpet is very dirty. The bed had a downward slope on the left side. So made sure to sleep on right side to keep from falling out of bed. Also, there were 3 large metals things sticking out from the side of the bed and I now have a large bruise on my leg from hitting it on this metal piece. I was here 4 nights and only got 2 towels, 2 hand towels, and 2 washcloths during entire stay. The ones I had were not clean looking, treadbare and yellowed. The washcloths looked like someone had been wiping greasy hands on them. The wires for the tv and appliances did not look safe. If I ever have to stay in Perry Fl again I will choose a different hotel. Air Conditioner had issues. Runs a few minutes then turns off. I sat in the chair next to A/C unit and all I could smell was mold. The tiles around the bathtub are covered with soap scum. I can say I do not know how the breakfast is because I was scared to try it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Flagler Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We used a hotel/road book coupon to spend one night on our way home from a trip. The building was a Holiday Inn in a former life. The owners are taking pains to brighten and freshen up the exterior of the property. The room we had was adequate for a place to crash and was clean and smelled fresh. The bed was comfortable and the AC worked fine. The desk clerk was friendly and took time to visit while we were checked in. The appearance of this old motel is slightly better than the similarly aging motels on Perry's busy main road. We felt safe and were glad we gave this place a chance and would recommend it. The complimentary breakfast is the usual carb offerings of cereal and waffle machine but is fine for starting your day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MKG2010
Nahunta
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Went to visit husband for the weekend (he works out of town). Its was me and my daughter who is only 2. We had a blast we stayed here three nights. The staff was great, very friendly and anytime I saw them they always would talk to me and my daughter. The rooms were very clean and they come by each day to stock things back up if needed. I found it to be very quite and I felt safe while husband was working at night. Spent a lot of time in the pool as my little one loved it, the pool was very clean. The hotel is also located close to restaurants and every ones favorite stores (Walmart, Family Dollar, K Mart). I would recommend this hotel to family friends and anyone else. Great price, great room, great stay. Hope to go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped here because most Choice Hotels are well kept. Not here! August and 90+ degrees outside and they don't even have the air-conditioning on in the room when we turn it on, it would run for a couple of minutes then turn off took all night to bring the temp in the room down. I called the desk and they told me it was just the way the A/C worked. Even the Breakfast Room (which was more like a closet) only had a small window A/C unit and wasn't cool at all. The price was good but not worth the discomfort of sweating all night. The only good thing was that the desk clerk was friendly and tried the best she could.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple