“Decent place for a one night stopover”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Perry
Dunedin, FL
“Decent place for a one night stopover”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night on our way from Dunedin to Fort Walton Beach. It was only $50 which was the best rate I could find. We asked to see a room before paying and they showed us a nice, large, clean non-smoking room near the office. We paid and asked for a smoking room which turned out to be on the far side away from the office and didn't smell quite so clean - understandably. As others have noted, the fixtures could use some updating but the tv, microwave and small refrigerator all worked, the bed was comfy and the sheets were clean. Breakfast was a selection of cereals, juice and coffee. For $50, we were pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank grandleeanne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The carpet smelled horrible and permeated the whole room, there were no blankets on the beds. I should have checked out the room before I paid. Only problem is there does not seem to be much better choices in Perry- but there has to be at least one better then this- wish I found it..

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank VeronicaandJackNC
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2011

The hotel room was large and clean. No continental breakfast due to renovations in the lobby. Hotel is next door to a subway with a McDonalds, Burger King, Golden Corral and other restaurants within easy walking distance. Wal Mart and other shopping is approximately a half mile from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank jbjdaman
Americus, Georgia
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We needed somewhere inexpensive to stay near Tallahassee for the FSU vs. GT game (go Jackets!) and decided to stay in Perry. I had read the reviews beforehand of this property beforehand and most of them are accurate. For the price paid, $50, I can't complain. The room could use some updating, but everything was clean and working.

The front desk staff was friendly. The only problems we had was an annoying noise when we were trying to go to sleep. We figured out it was the fridge in the room. Once we unplugged it, we slept like babies. We also were awoken in the morning by a housekeeper opening our door to come in and clean. I spoke to the manager about housekeeping knocking before coming in and he said she was new and would definitely speak with her. Other than that, no problems.

If you need somewhere cheap and can tolerate a place that needs some updating, this is a good place.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bienemy
Florida
Reviewed March 26, 2009

This is your typical basic motel. The rooms seemed to be clean, and that is what I was looking for. The towels seemed a little thin but I was the very last room to check in when the motel was sold out!! The shower head is a little low, I kept bumping my head and I am only 5'6". It met my needs for this stay. Not too far from dining or Walmart!!! Lots of parking for trailers (for fellow mudboggers). The owners seem very nice and accomodating, very helpful when asked for help.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perry
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Perry
Super 8 Madison
Super 8 Madison
#2 of 5 in Madison
Deerwood Inn Motel & Resort

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!