“A very nice experience, would definately go back...”
Review of Eden Condominiums

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Perdido Key
Eden Condominiums
Lafayette, Louisiana
“A very nice experience, would definately go back...”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Spent a week during August in unit W605.

Location was perfect for me and my family. Far enough from the "main drag" so traffic was relatively light and pretty quiet at night...yet only 15 minute drive in either direction you will find numerous restaurants and outdoor activities - jet skis, parasailing, etc.

Check-in went very smoothly and the staff was pleasant and patient at this busy time of the year. There were numerous wardrobe and 2-shelf utility carts in the parking garage for getting all our luggage and food & beverages up to our 6th floor unit.

The condo itself was exactly as advertised...pictures were accurate and the unit was clean ready for us to move into. The view from our balcony over the beach was absolutely perfect and the beach itself was in great shape. There is a long row of lounge chairs that you could rent for the week if you wanted to(umbrella included), or you could bring your own chairs and tent if you like.

The water was clear and cool...no seaweed at all anywhere, on the beach or in the water. Only issue was a few jellyfish here and there. They were not numerous enough to be a major distraction, but I did get a minor sting maybe 2 out of the 7 days we were there...hey this is the ocean after all. Just bring a little bottle of white vinegar with you in your beach bag to rub on the sting and the pain goes away in just a couple of minutes. Seashells were numerous, but you have to walk the beach early in the morning to get the good ones.

The pool was well-maintained and the waterfall was a nice touch the kids loved. Surprised my wife with a pedicure and massage at the spa on the grounds.

Oh, two more things to note -

First, if you are coming from I-10 and take Hwy 59 South, do yourself a favor - spend a few extra bucks and take the Foley Beach Expressway. You will bypass having to go through Gulf Shores and will probably save at least an hour or two.

Second, Eden could definitely use a couple of more elevators...at least on the wing we stayed in. So, you may have to be a little patient depending on what day you check in.

Overall, a very pleasant experience at a very well maintained resort. If I find myself vacationing in this part of Florida again, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

2 Thank smith3825

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed in E401 Aug 3 to 10th; 2 adults & 3 kids ages 14, 14, & 10, first time at Eden & at Perdido Key. Room was nice, a few things wrong but we noted those on the form we got when we checked in. Air Conditioner went out, & they were quick to fix it. Room was spacious, Master bedroom with door to balcony-NICE, kids room had two twin beds-ALSO NICE, and the boys ended up sleeping in the living room, on the pull out couch, after they crashed from playing video games all night. Living room also had a door to the Balcony-Nice! From the balcony each morning and evening we would see a family of dolphins, even a baby dophlin jumping and having all kinds of fun! When we walked the beach in the mornings it was the coolest thing, we would see a family of stingrays swimming up by the shore-so close we could lean over and touch them if we wanted to. At night we walked the beach and my son got a HUGE sand crab!We rented the double chairs & umbrella on the beach ($100wk) really nice!! Favorite restaurant “Shrimp Basket”. When we werent at the beach, you could find the kids at the pool-seemed like they lived there. My son wanted to have family pictures done on the beach so we used Melton Photography-LOVE THE PICS! The highlight of our trip was WE SAVED BABY SEA TURTLES!!!! On Wed the 8th of Aug, we build a huge turtle sandcastle; it was so big it could be seen from our balcony! That night the tide came in pretty high so we went down to check it out. It had wiped out our turtle sand castle. The kids played around standing on the castle remains waiting to see who would get covered by the water from the tide first, THEN these girls from the condo next door came running out asking for help-BABY SEA TURTLES in the parking garage. We saved over 100 baby sea turtles that night- All of us, our family and the family from the other condo, total strangers, but all of us happened to be from ARKANSAS! We joke around now saying we called the turtle gods when we build the sandcastle, and they lead us to the baby sea turtles. Watch out for the Jellyfish!!! BEST MEMORIES EVER!! AWESOME,AWESOME, AWESOME, PRICELESS!! We can’t wait till we do it again!

Room Tip: bring goggles, when your in the ocean you can see sting rays swimming away from you, fish, shell slu...
3 Thank T L
Charleston, Illinois
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I recently stayed at Eden E501, the condo was nice with decent furniture but very dirty when we checked in. We had lots of long black hair all over the tile floor. The fridge had mold in the ice tray as well as lots of sand that had not been swept up. Our balcony was filthy with food crumbs, dead grass & cigarette buds and the dirty ash tray. Once we began cooking we noticed lots of dishes were not cleaned as well. We had to clean the whole unit ourselves as well as every dish before we used it! I wish I knew how to find out who were the owners of this unit...as I felt they had nice things they should know how the place it being cleaned as it will affect them in renting the unit in the future if it isn't cleaned properly!

2 Thank Bonnie B
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My family and I rented this enormous suite on the 14th floor accomodating six adults. We spent an exhilirating five days cooking, walking along the beach, working out, sun bathing and celebrating my birthday. The patio stretched from one side of the condominium, giving us a view of the gulf, to the extreme opposite side outlining Perdido Key. If you vacation for peace and relaxation, Eden is absolutely the only place to be; especially, if you're over fifty. I can't wait until next year; I'm certain I will find something else to celebrate.

Room Tip: Corner suite on the 14th floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank stovcye
Reviewed August 17, 2012

A piece of paradise off of the coast, with beautiful views from all units wonderful grounds and tranquil waterfalls. Great pools and amenities BBQ area and excellent staff. Beach is well kept no complaints from any level.

• Stayed August 2012
houston mo
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Beautiful condo in beautiful place. Beach service excellent. Dolphins sting rays and even a sea turtle swam along with us. Front desk service great. 1 bedroom large nicely decorated condo overlooking gulf. Beautiful pool with fountains flowing into water. So beautiful we want to move here and stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We enjoyed a week at the Eden Condominiums this summer. This was the first time we have stayed there and would not hesitate to stay again (assuming I found a unit that was attractive). We arrived very late at night (11:00 p.m.) and the doors were locked but they had a phone number on the door of the person we were to call. We called him and he met us immediately and handed us everything we needed. Our unit was very spacious and attractive, as was the lobby. The living room was actually VERY pretty and had been updated. The master bedroom looked a bit tired but the bed was incredibly comfortable and the master bath is divine, with the big whirlpool tub. Everything in the condo worked, except that the internet is very spotty and very frustrating for my husband and son. They might as well not say that they have internet. Be sure and ask when you rent a unit if the unit has decent internet--some units seemed to have better. The pool was really beautiful and huge and we rarely had trouble finding a chair. Yes, they have a little cafe by the pool with a limited menu (great for a hot dog, drink or ice cream) but it was closed a few days while we were there. One other nice thing is that the beach is not that crowded because there is only a high-rise on one side of Eden so the other side just has beach homes and there's rarely anyone on that section of the beach. My daughter and I used the workout room a few times and it was nice and not crowded at all. Also, I might throw in that I thought the prices were good compared to some other condos I looked at. I looked for many many many hours and found units with a comparable price but they were ugly as sin and looked as if they were decorated in 1975. One last thing, there are not alot of restaurants nearby so you will have to drive 10-20 minutes to get to some restaurants. The grocery store is about 5 miles away, I think. By the way, we stayed in 304W. I

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
#3 of 25 in Gulf Shores
Perdido Beach Resort
Perdido Beach Resort
#2 of 19 in Orange Beach

Been to Eden Condominiums? Share your experiences!