“Stayed there in June of 2003 Loved it”

Purple Parrot Village Resort
Pickerington, Ohio
“Stayed there in June of 2003 Loved it”
Reviewed January 3, 2008

My family and I stayed at Purple Parrot back in June 2003. We absolutely loved it. We stayed in a 2 story condo named "Livin it Up". You felt very homely there. The pool and the Tiki bar were great. My suggestion for a perfect alcholic island drink is the Pina Colada, it is the best I have not been able to find a Pina Colada that tasted like the one at the Tiki Bar. We loved Perdido Key, we actually felt like we were on vacation. My next beach vacation will definitely be at Purple Parrot Island Resort.

• Liked — The atmosphere
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed June 2004, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank eeyore00420

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
central Mississippi
Reviewed May 24, 2007

May 24, 2007
We stayed here 2 consecutive years for vacation. Each lasting eight days. This was 2003 and 2004. We contacted them for a third, but they were closed the summer of '05 due to hurricane damage. My children were soooo disappointed, so were my husband and I. That summer, we decided to vacation in Tennessee. I could not imagine another place anywhere near a beach that could compare to Purple Parrot! The condos are adorable, very "island like", the pool area is absolutely amazing. The tiki bar is right next to the pool and the food is wonderful! They have a very laid back, friendly staff who accomodate your every need. The area is totally private, quiet, and out of the tourist traffic, yet you are minutes away from everything. The natural beaches are something to see, they are beautiful! Anyone looking for the perfect family vacation getaway, this will be everything you are looking for. This would be great for couples, we enjoyed walking around the "neighborhood" at night. Give it a try, you'll leave thinking about when you can come again!

• Liked — The privacy of your own space and the pool.
  • Disliked — I couldn't stay longer!!!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank beofgoodcheer
Alabama
Reviewed March 26, 2007

OMG! ThePurple Parrot is the place to stay when coming to Pensacola Florida. This place is amazing!! Very friendly and curtious employer "JD" helped me arranged for the days that I wanted. I am proud to say that this is my home away from home. Can't wait to come back!!

Stayed March 2007
PA
Reviewed February 17, 2007

The cottage we stayed 45C is beautifully decorated and all new downstairs. Upstairs was freshly painted with all new linens and accessories. These owners had a great idea with an "oops" basket filled with travel sized items that a lot of people need but forget to pack. It's on the honor system and all they ask is that you buy a replacement item before you leave. Location of cottage was great, facing a sand covered courtyard and gazebo and steps away from the indoor pool. 30 second drive to the beach and very friendly management. We can't wait to go back and enjoy the outdoor pool and relax with some drinks on the porch. Was difficult to find the website, but finally found it at ---.com

• Liked — separate cottage
  • Disliked — was easier to drive to beach then walk, no sidewalks yet.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank phillyfillyPa
Chicago
Reviewed July 26, 2006

The place was hit by a Hurricane... thats hard to believe. The Pool is back up and running and its huge!! the kids had a ball!!
Walked to beach!! The unit we stayed in was all redone, I know they were only built a few years ago, but WOW they're like the were built a few weeks ago.

Some construction but it was quite while we were there.

Stayed June 2006
Best Western Premier, The Tides Hotel
Sugar Beach
Sugar Beach
#15 of 20 in Orange Beach

Been to Purple Parrot Village Resort? Share your experiences!