“Best Seafood We Found Around Pensacola”

The Original Point Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 21 Restaurants in Perdido Key
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Its a hike - but worth it. Other reviews are correct - looks like an old house with cheap tables and chairs. Good thing is you aren't being charged for a view.

Crab and shrimp bisque is definately one of the best bisques I have every had. Bonus - recipe is on their webiste.

I had the special - blackened tuna. Ordered rare - which was good - because it was not a thick cut. Very good. Came with a spicy sauce that was fantastic. Served with new potatoes and a house salad.

My husband had the whole mullet (we had never tried mullet) which was just $6. How do you beat that? Fried. Not overly battered and kept in moistness in the fish.

For dessert we shared the French Silk - awesome. That is not made by the restaurant. They do have homemade coconut cake and peach cobbler - which our waitress told us was the best.

Wait staff are super friendly and accommodating.

There was a bluegrass band playing and quite a few locals. We arrived only for the 2nd set - which was a bummer because they were very good and I would have enjoying hearing more.

All a all a great experience.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is old, dark and dreary. Not the cleanest I've ever seen. In other words, it's a dive. The best thing I can say, is the staff is warm and friendly. The restaurant is located in the middle of a neighborhood, not on the water. There is no view to be had. The food took a while to get and not worth the wait. My charbroiled shrimp had a strong smell, considered not eating it, and shouldn't have! My husband did enjoy his mullet sandwich. The food was hot, fries were good, tea was good. I think I'll pass this one up next time!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

It's also by far the best food on the island. Large portions and fairly priced. My personal favorite is the Royal Reds. They also do take out orders. Now if you are looking for decor and atmosphere over good food, music, and cold beer, go elsewhere.

1  Thank Corky C
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We visit the POINT every time we are in perdido key. A great hole in the wall place,very plain ,laid back and relaxing. The beer is cold and the food is very good,simple and well done.The staff is wonderful and very friendly. Just grab your tank top and shorts and go have a great time.The daily special are not too be missed.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

When we stay in Perdido Key we ALWAYS make sure we dine at The Original Point Resturant.
They are know for their mullet, but their gumbo is great and we've had other seafood there (grilled mahi mahi with lemon it fantastic!) Reasonably priced and we love that it is a true original local resturant. Old style furnishings just add to the ambiance of the place. We like the down to earth local places. Nothing fancy just good food and good people to serve you. They have blue grass band on weekends and they are great! We like to sit on the side of the resturant AWAY from the band so that we can have a normal conversation. Get there early, they fill up fast.