“Awesome BBQ”

Union City, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome BBQ”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Don't normally eat my ribs dry but OMG they were so tender & delicious I didn't even add sauce! Whole family loved the ribs and wife and I got plates to go later in week! Little Rack & the two sides should be enough for anyone except biggest eaters. Beans were the best side, fries & potato salad were both good as was the corn on the cob. Only slaw was a little iffy. Robin was a great waitress and was super to my grandson. Guarantee if you love ribs you will love the Rib Shak!

Visited July 2014

“Good BBQ! ”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

This place has good BBQ. I love getting the BBQ egg rolls. They are delicious! This is a good place to stop in at after a day at the beach. The staff is very friendly.

“Texas style BBQ on the beach - unexpectedly good!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Hailing from LA and spending a lot of time in Texas (ie - Luling City Market and Kreuz BBQ), we have high expectations of BBQ.

We ordered to-go and were pleasantly surprised with the taste and texture of the BBQ. We had the ribs which had a nice smoke ring and were nicely falling off the bone. Yummy overall with a good rub.

The pulled pork with the spicy sauce was also tastey and tender. All good things in BBQ.

Sides - the pork and beans were gotta-have-another-bite good! Whatever it is that they do, keep doing!

We would return for this affordable and tastey meal.

Visited June 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“good food”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stopped in on our way back to Orange Beach last Friday after a long drive of shopping. The ribs were great and hubby enjoyed his pork sandwich. Must try the eggrolls...yummy. Only issue we had was our waitress...the .tall brunette was more interested in playing on her phone so the other two waitresses had to pick up her slack.

• Visited June 2014
Colorado
“Great Little BBQ Place in Perdido”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Rib Shak comes off as a tiny little local feel place. There is a little porch for outdoor seating. The inside is very basic. The eating ware is designed for carry away (styrofoam) etc.

My wife and I both had ribs. My sides were fried pickles and the baked beans. The baked beans might be some of the best I have ever had. They were excellent. The fried pickles were good, the ranch dressing was clearly not homemade.

My wife's sides were the corn on the cob and the slaw. Both were well executed.

The kids had pulled pork sandwiches. They devoured them. The pork was soft and juicy.

The ribs were perfect! Tender, full of flavor, meaty as all get out. Both sauces were excellent.

I was unable to finish two of my five ribs (little rib dinner). I could have never eaten the full slab (10 rib dinner).

• Visited June 2014