“Great Little BBQ Place in Perdido”
Review of The Rib Shak - CLOSED

The Rib Shak
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Rib Shak comes off as a tiny little local feel place. There is a little porch for outdoor seating. The inside is very basic. The eating ware is designed for carry away (styrofoam) etc.

My wife and I both had ribs. My sides were fried pickles and the baked beans. The baked beans might be some of the best I have ever had. They were excellent. The fried pickles were good, the ranch dressing was clearly not homemade.

My wife's sides were the corn on the cob and the slaw. Both were well executed.

The kids had pulled pork sandwiches. They devoured them. The pork was soft and juicy.

The ribs were perfect! Tender, full of flavor, meaty as all get out. Both sauces were excellent.

I was unable to finish two of my five ribs (little rib dinner). I could have never eaten the full slab (10 rib dinner).

2  Thank CreagP

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We have been to the Rib Shak several times and have never been disappointed. Tonight we had the full rack of ribs and 1/2 smoked chicken. Both were excellent. Potato salad tasted homemade as well as the beans. Texas toast a plus. Will go again and again.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Had pulled pork and was excellent!
The ribs... such a subjective taste.. some in our group judge ribs by the "fall off the bone" standard and they really liked these... for some these ribs were too mushy...

1  Thank JWWJR
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The ribs were awesome! I liked them so much that I got an order to go. I was pleased with the service as well.

1  Thank NeiaLK
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The ribs are very meaty and tender. They are dry-rubbed and have a good smoky flavor. You add your own sauce. My husband's pulled pork was delicious as well and was a generous portion.