“Good food / Disappointing Service”
Review of Bella Luna Pizza - CLOSED

Bella Luna Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were there 7/5/2013. While the pizza was very good, I must say the service was disappointing. Had to ask twice for our drinks, was told our ranch dressing would be out in 5 minutes because it was being made. 15 minutes later we had to ask for any other dressing that was available so we could eat our salad. Our friends ordered the gyro fries, but were given the gyro salad. Took that back and waited another 10 minutes for the fries. We spent 1 1/2 hours there for a couple of pizzas. Other tables with larger parties were seated after us, yet served before us, and finished before us. Our waitress appeared flustered and running around trying to do all these extra things instead of taking care of her customers. I even saw her washing beer glasses behind the bar and sticking them in the cooler. Where is the bartender for that task? We even joked about calling in a to-go order because it might be quicker!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place was above a bar until a few months ago. We never went there because we couldn't find the door. Bella Luna is now west of the old location in a single story building on the north side of Perdido Key Drive.

The pizza is very good in my opinion. The ingredients all seemed very fresh and it was not overcooked. The service was fine - very friendly. The new location is clean and inviting with nice fixtures, comfortable chairs and tables. (You will not have any trouble finding the door.) The prices of the pizza are pretty much in line with other establishments. The beer seemed very reasonably priced -- there was some kind of discount on a rainy day. Given some of the other eateries on the island, this should be one of your first choices.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We walked in and was very surprised at how nice the inside of the restaurant. Very clean and comfortable. Ordered Pizza to go and it was ready within 20 minutes, staff was very friendly. Pizza was great, we will probably eat there again before we leave for the week.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went out to get a bit for dinner after voting this past Tuesday. We decided we wanted pizza and thought we'd try Bella's again (we went there a few weeks ago only to be disappointed because they were still prepping their new restaurant). The wait was worth it.
Their new location is bright, open and inviting. We were a bit concerned that they may have lost a bit of their touch when they moved; we were not disappointed. We've eaten at their old location and it definitely had character. Their new location is just past their old spot; 14250 Perdido Key Dr I believe. I just checked on Google Earth to find their new spot. It's about 1.5 miles past their old location heading toward 'Bama and on the right. Their parking lot is a bit confusing as the right access (as you look at it) is the entrance and the left access is for exit only (I see an accident in their future).
Their pie is beyond excellent, on par and maybe even just slightly higher than Paisano's on Navy Blvd, but but head and shoulders above Lillian, Hopjacks and Helen Back's pizza. Don't get me wrong, those other three have a decent pie, but it's just that, decent (it starts with the crust).
The pie was good and a good size. I believe we had their 18". I'm not normally a salad type because I just don't have the appetite I used to have. However, (and I hope they're able to keep this to this level) one in our party had a dinner salad and it was, well edible art. I realize that when you deal with produce you get what you get (regarding what the market provides). This salad was appetizing to the eye and palate; excellent.
Their new location complements their food and service in that it's bright, energetic and inviting to the customer. Keep up the excellent work.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

There are other places to order pizza in Perdido Key. I would suggest going to those instead of wasting time at Bella Luna. Bella Luna was recommended to us by friends. After a long day at the beach, we chose to order a Pepperoni and a Cheese Pizza for Delivery. I was disconnected 3 times before I was able to place my order. We were told at 7:25 that it would be a 40 minute delivery. I called at 8:15, at 8:30, and 8:45. Each time I was assured that our pizzas would be out for delivery shortly. A driver called at 8:50 to ask about the Condominium where we were staying. (the distance from Bella Luna's to our Condominium is between 1/4 and 1/2 mile). Our Pizzas arrived at 9:10. They were cold. I complained to the driver about the terrible service and the extreme tardiness for our delivery. The driver was rude and unapologetic. His "too bad" attitude was very unsatisfactory. I called the restaurant to complain about the Pizza being cold and the long wait for the delivery. The person identified as "Eric" picked up the telephone. He first told me that his drivers were unreliable and inexperienced. He then stated that they had people who did not show up for their shifts and he was understaffed and unable to fulfill the orders in a timely manner. If Bella Luna had told us that it would take almost 2 hours to receive our order, we would have been able to make another choice for our dinner. If Bella Luna had told me on any of the 5 follow up telephone calls that there were not drivers available to deliver our order, we could have come to pick up the food. The attitude for the order was so poor, it is obvious that we were not appreciated as a customer. A business that does not care about my experience as a customer and does not care how poorly they perform is not worth the effort or time. Make another choice as the Pizza was only fair and the service was so difficult that it was not worth the time.

1  Thank Tom L