“Interesting menu”
Review of The Jellyfish

The Jellyfish
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Perdido Key
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established in 2011, the Jellyfish Bar and Restaurant takes pride and passion in everything we do, our special drinks, prepared in house plates and wonderful sushi, this is what we do. We have a diverse menu with a multi-cultural culinary concept, it is our version of fresh food and drinks with our own unique style. Thank you for taking the time to visit our page and we hope you have a wonderful day !
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The JellyFish bar/restaurant is in the shopping center directly across from Perdido Sun condos. It is upstairs and looks out over the drive and the condos across the street. It has a covered patio with high tables and chairs, and also indoor seating. We've eaten here twice, and both times have opted to sit outside. Usually will get a good breeze.
They have a wonderful food selection, and everything was prepared perfectly. They also have an extensive martini menu.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We we seated pretty fast, a couple of people from our party including my self witnessed a waitress wipe the seat of a chair a pretty large sweaty man was sitting in with a rag. Then proceeded to clean the top of our tables with it with us sitting there. It was quite disgusting. We asked that our table be cleaned again with a different rag and we got the deer in head lights look, we eventually refused to order until they did. That is when the manager had to come out and do it his self. I ordered they're steak witch is a bit pricey for a sports bar and my friend ordered sushi. My steak came out about 30 minutes after everyone else food came out. I ordered it medium rare and it was beyond burnt. So they dowsed it with a ton of steak sauce hoping i wouldn't notice it i guess, and i am not a sushi eater but my friend claims publixs sushi is a better option. The dive to orange beach for good food the next night was definitely worth it!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I was recently at the Jellyfish with a group of people. The service was very good and attentive. I order some fried crab claws appetizer which were very good, then I order the super shrimp tempura sushi roll to share and for the mean meal I ordered the Bourbon Salmon. That was the BEST salmon I have ever had. Cooked to perfection and the flavor was amazing. I have tried the salmon dishes from many other restaurants and have never been pleased with the taste. The sushi roll was also as pleasing. Amazing Chef and great place to enjoy a wonderful meal.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had had a great day at the beach and decided that we would walk to the Jellyfish. It has a fun look on the outside, upstairs, outside seating, clean looking little mini-mall shopping area. It looked good.

We had tried Fisherman's Corner (liked it a lot) and Flounders (had a great time and meal) and thought why not do something that we can just walk to.

We sat outside, weather was great and outside seating was nice.

The tables were sticky and I had to wipe them down with our napkins.

The waitress showed up and acted inconvenienced by our arrival. I asked if the Fish of the Day was caught local. She said, "I don't know." I asked about one of the beers and if it was any good, she said, "I don't know." I asked if she could find out about the fish. She said the chef wasn't around and she didn't know where the fish came from but that they could cook it.

I ordered the blackened grouper. It was small, boney and over cooked. I think it might have been frozen at one point.

The Andouille sausage potato salad side was not bad, but contained way too much mayo and not enough other stuff. The hushpuppies were terrible. The waitress explained that they were not "fresh" and that she would "stick some in the frier." So after that we had hot hushpuppies that tasted like frozen bread. They were doughy and chewy like gum and not like wonderful hushpuppies….but the ones out of the frier were hot. So hot and gross instead of cold and gross like the others.

My wife had the shrimp and oysters. The oysters were fine. Deep fried and didn't taste like the oil was old.

The shrimp were oily and were supposed to be blackened.

My kids chicken strips were fine.

The food here tasted like chain food and not well done chain food.

I recommend driving west and eating in the Alabama area or driving East and eating at Fisherman's Corner just a mile up the road or going into Pensacola.

Avoid the small portions of overpriced frozen food and eat local.

1  Thank CreagP
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Our family and friends loved this place so much when we vacationed here last summer that we went 4 times! Great variety of food, friendly/attentive staff and the manager even goes around and checks on tables. Will be returning soon!