“Quaint Bar”
Review of The Jellyfish

The Jellyfish
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Perdido Key
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established in 2011, the Jellyfish Bar and Restaurant takes pride and passion in everything we do, our special drinks, prepared in house plates and wonderful sushi, this is what we do. We have a diverse menu with a multi-cultural culinary concept, it is our version of fresh food and drinks with our own unique style. Thank you for taking the time to visit our page and we hope you have a wonderful day !
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We loved this place. Their sushi is awesome. We will definitely be back. You can see the ocean from the outside sitting area. Great atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for The Jellyfish

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The last time we were at this place several years ago, we left. We tried again on a Saturday night in the slow season. There has been an expansion and there is now a large eating area with a dance floor, music, and a bar. The service was fine and the server friendly & professional. The food that we ordered came in a reasonable time and was warm. The beer was cold. The food was actually very good. I don't eat sushi so I can't comment on the quality of that. The food going by on trays from the kitchen looked good too.

Although there were older people there, it looked to me like the crowd was mostly younger people. The only negative comment is that at some point during our stay there was a strong smell of cigarettes coming from somewhere. Not sure if it was a customer in the rest room or an employee somewhere. Also, while I did not think the place was dirty, I could not tell is was clean, I think mostly because of the finshes in the spaces, which are very dark and not all that appealing.

I thought the value of what we had for the amount we paid was very good

On an overall rating this place is above an average rating, but it does not quite rate a very good -- yet.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was at the jellyfish last night for comedy night (my third time) this place is great start to finish, I also go to oyster bar, fisherman corner these are close to where I'm currently living. I have a friend that reads and writes reviews so I read a few at all my local places, I've come to the conclusion that most of these people have boring bitter lives, how can they become food experts, if you don't like where you go simply write "the food wasn't all that". Don't rag these businesses because you cost these businesses revenue as well as job loss, reviews are for helping people and local business become better, not because you had a bad day, I wouldn't defend these places if I hadn't been there myself. Keep up the good work y'all. Also I understand some days aren't up to par, that's just the nature of feeding hungry people..thanks for all you do for your military too...

1  Thank Castle2517
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have been to the Jellyfish Bar many times and the food just gets better and better! The crab bisque is yummy, but the char grilled oysters rival the ones at Dragos in New Orleans....superior!! Wait staff is excellent and accommodating especially the manager Matt... He personally checks on you to see if all is well. Will go back many more times.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I've been to the Jellyfish 12 times as of this writing and tend to go back about every other week even though I live about 20 minutes from there. I don't understand the comments of some of the other reviews because the service is outstanding and I've had, I don't know, maybe six different waitresses? The GM, Neil, is great, and the waitresses always tend to remember what my girlfriend and I drank the last time we were in. Sushis is awesome and the menu is extensive. Fried green beens, and the spring rolls are outstanding. I've had fish tacos, chicken sandwich, burgers, and many of the sushi offerings and they are all enjoyable. Small outdoor area with a great view of the gulf across the street, lots of tv's in the bar area if you like sports and then a large dining and live music area. Not a lot going on in Perdido Key but this is definitely a jewel for that area.