“Enjoyable”
Review of Sunset Grille

Sunset Grille
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Perdido Key
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Tucked away find! Nice place for a sandwich and view of waterway and vessels. Nice people. The menu had some things that are unique to area and was something for everyone.

• Visited November 2012

Orange Beach, Alabama
“Beware of new policy”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Have visited this restaurant for years. Food always good and view spectacular. Occasionally would split an entree with no charge. That has changed. Per our server, the new general manager has added a surcharge for splitting an entree even though there is no mention of this on the menu. Seems bad for customer relations.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank gmob1573
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“A great find for eating with the grandkids”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We went for lunch, but after reading the reviews I hope to catch a sunset next time.
This is a great fresh air restaurant on the water with a good view for entertaining the little ones. They had an interesting option on the kid menu - bit size corn dog pieces. I got fish tacos and the fish was very good, but it was a bit too much wrap for my taste. The desserts were very good - lava cake and key lime pie. I would guess they filter their water because their ice tea actually tasted good.

• Visited September 2013
Dallas (near Atlanta), GA
“Perhaps you should stick to the seafood”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visited the Sunset Grille because we hard they had one of the best sunsets in the Perdido Key, Orange Beach, Gulf Shores area. Boy did they! It was as beautiful a sunset as I have ever seen, the sun creating everything from yellows to reds to purples over the back bay and overtop the little island that sits right off shore just to the west of the Sunset Grille. The service was fantastic and there is not a bad seat in the house for looking out over the back bay. They even have a little sand play area that is great for the kids. The draft beer was ice cold...best, freshest beer I had on my whole vacation. My wife and I both decided that we were in the mood for burgers, so we gave them a try. They were good, but certainly not great. The accompanying fries were not particularly great either, but they were hot and fresh (personally, if I feel that a french fry needs something to dip it in, it could have been better). An added bonus to this place is that you can drive or boat in. There are a handful of places in the area where that is true, and I always get a kick out of watching folks boat in.

• Visited September 2013
Merrionette Park
“Great customer service and seafood platter”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

4 of us went here for lunch, and the seafood platter was a special that day. Very good. My husband had the barbecue pulled pork sandwich special, and liked that as well. Frozen drinks were yummy. Nice views from anywhere in the restaurant. We planned to go back the next day for drinks and to view the sunset, but unfortunately, didn't make it. Hopefully, there will be a next time!

Visited September 2013