“Low key outdoor adventure”

Big Lagoon State Park
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Perdido Key
More attraction details
Owner description: The park offers many activities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The park provides visitors with a list of fun things to do. You can camp, swim, fish, boat, canoe and hike. We like going crabbing in the shallow waters of the Lagoon. The picnic areas are shaded by pines and oaks, allowing visitors a place to enjoy a relaxing day.

5  Thank Sigmachie

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I don't know what it would be like to camp there, I visited during November and only walked around, but I found the wooden boardwalk wonderful. The bird viewing was great and being able to watch some of the boats work was fun. It seemed like the amenities for camping were really very modern in my opinion, with a huge shower and restroom building, and showers in the outdoors where you could rinse off after swimming in the salt water. I also noticed a stack of plastic kayaks under one of the boardwalks, so it looked like people could rent kayaks and paddle around the inlets. I thought that was great.

5  Thank caramello51
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My family camped at this park the first weekend in November. The weather was great. The park is pretty and clean -- nearly every site was reserved, but it still didn't feel croweded. There are several bathhouses, and all are kept very clean. We enjoyed bike riding in the park and visiting the beach - we loved all the boardwalks, observation tower and clear, shallow water. The Blue Angels put on a show and we were able to view it from the beach area, which wasn't crowded at all!

My only complaint is that we were tent camping, so we could hear everything going on around us. One group that was right across from us was extrememly loud and vulgar all through the "quiet hours." Ironically, their site was right next to the camp host's site, but it didn't seem like the camp host made any effort to quiet these people down. Their loud conversation involved profanity, sexual vulgarity and other nasty conversations that I wouldn't want anyone to have to hear -- but particularly the litle scouts who were camping a few sites down. I hope to this day they did not hear what these disgusting people were saying.

Unfortunately, while I will have great memories of this weekend at a pretty park, these rude campers left me with bad feelings --

3  Thank JoyMcG84
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Well worth the entry fee. Like the observation town and the picnic pavalions. Good view of passing boats and other crafts.

1  Thank JimL53
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Shirley and I own a 26ft travel trailor and we like to camp often as we can. On this trip we chose Big Lagoon S.P. the web site was misleading on the size of the camp spots. And this was apparent upon arrival and check in. We had a difficult time parking our camper in the spot, and after moving several times, we still couldn't fully extend our slide out. The vegetation needs more managment to control the growth. The facilities and nice, clean. There are many hiking trails and natural spots to enjoy. There is no Wi-Fi in the park, but a Public Library is located at the enterance that does have it. Our trip was spoiled by young people camping near by, all night drinking and partying, The ladies bathroom was a mess from one of them getting sick from to much drinking. Officals should have made them leave or not allowed this to start with. Will we go back? Probably not. We rode to Henderson State Park and fell in love with the place, we will be going there in September.

3  Thank hurstdj