“Great place for the price”

Fairfield Inn Pensacola I-10
Ranked #25 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Denver
“Great place for the price”
Reviewed August 23, 2008

Our family of 4 (including 2 teens) stayed one night at Fairfield after flying into Pensacola from Denver, on our way to spend a week on the beach near Destin. We have to say that we got more than we expected for the price. It's a clean, well-run hotel that provides a continental breakfast (plus heat-your-own breakfast sandwiches) for a very good price. Would stay there again!

• Liked — Price and easy access to Interstate
  • Disliked — Fairly small breakfast seating area
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank RockyMtnTraveler_4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Farmington, CT
Reviewed August 18, 2008

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn Pensacola while on a business trip. A colleague chose the hotel, I believe in large part due to the proximity to I-10. I typically choose lodging with more amenities (such as a Courtyard by Marriott at a minimum), and usually go with Marriott properties.

I was initially pleased to see on the hotel's website and the corporate travel agency booking tool that the Fairfield Inn Pensacola claimed to have exercise equipment on-site. This was not the case, as I learned upon check-in (I packed my workout clothes and running shoes for nothing). If they do not have a gym on site, they shouldn't advertise it.

The guest room was pleasant, if a bit run-down. The bathroom was clean and the shower had good water pressure and HOT water (much-appreciated). The bed was very comfortable and the wireless internet was free, so I was all right.

The neighborhood seemed run down. There was a Waffle House and a Chuck E Cheese right on the other side of the hotel parking lot. I was glad that my room was not on the ground floor, and I did not venture outside at night.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, which made up for the somewhat Spartan environment of the hotel.

• Liked — Comfortable room
  • Disliked — The neighborhood
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 21, 2008

This is a great place to stop along I-10. Comfy beds as usual, right off the freeway, and close to several shops. Good value.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed May 16, 2008

This is an excellent hotel and an exceptional value. The hotel generally exceeds Marriott's standards for cleanliness, convenience, and friendliness of the staff. The rooms are quiet and clean. The breakfast is outstanding with the usual Fairfield Inn fare - waffles, bagels, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, toast, a variety of cereals, and a choice of drinks. A minor maintenance problem during my four-night stay was rectified quickly and correctly. The price was much better than prices downtown. Its distance from the beach - about a 10-mile drive - might discourage some but it didn't me as baking in the sun is not my cup of tea. The only downside, if there is one, is that to get back on I-10 from the property you had to take a circuitous route through the mall parking lot but this was a minor inconvenience. Unless the price spikes, on any future visits to Pensacola, this is my hotel!

• Liked — The value for the quality of the room.
  • Disliked — I suppose the inability to turn left out of the parking lot, necessitating drives through the adjacent mall's parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Venice, Italy
Reviewed December 22, 2006

I recently completed a brief stay here. I found it very comfortable for a limited service hotel. It was clean, and the general level of housekeeping seemed high. The staff was friendly and very helpful. It's very convenient to I-10 and there are chain restaurants (Steak and Ale and OCharlies) nearby. I felt very safe there.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled solo
1 Thank fritzco97
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2006

We stayed for two nights with our two small children and I say stayed,because there is no sleeping there! It is RIGHT next to a "Firestone Tire Shop" and they leave stadium bright lights on ALL night. My 3 year old at 1:00 AM, went to the window to show me that it was wake up time. The inside pool was too cloudy to see your hands and feet. The mold above the shower stall was a bit scary. The best part of the stay was being in a room next to the maintenence closet which kicked in a machine type noise every hour, which went well with the racket next door at the tire shop. Stay away!

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — the location and noise
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank pcaqua

Travelers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Panama City Beach
Reviewed July 31, 2006

I stayed here to be close to The University of West Florida for an exam. Several things were dissapointing. Firstly, the indoor pool was very cloudy and did not look swimable. Secondly, the shower had several hairs in it from not being cleaned well. The most disturbing was the overall location. It was the worse part of town and there was not one decent, let alone clean place to eat. Please do not attempt the mall as it is horrific. On a positive note the bed was very comfortable. We booked the king suite as it was smaller than "normal" rooms in other hotels. The hotel overall had a foul smell as our room was non smoking but really stunk like smoke! I wish someone had given me my own review. Good luck!

• Liked — the bed
  • Disliked — smell
  • Tips/Secrets — know the area of the booked room