“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #23 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This hotel is staffed by outstanding personnel - specifically Lafrance and Samantha. They provide unbelievable service to make sure that guests have a wonderful stay. They are very attentive and extremely courteous and concerned about the guests' welfare. I would highly recommend this facility. Rooms were clean and neat and the breakfast was above average. The room rate is also very reasonable.

Good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Venetia
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The hotel is easily accessible from 10/110 highway in Pensacola. Parking lot is small and a bit dark. I have stayed here before and experienced the same situation regarding the parking lot. Although this time I felt more comfortable with knowing the area.
The check-in was easy. I requested a late check out without any problems. The lobby is shared with the breakfast area and is small. There is also an indoor pool on this level. We didn't have time to enjoy the pool.
The room was spacious, but just OK. We were on the highway end and it was noisy......we just turned up the ac to tune out the noise. Standard 2 beds, desk, chair, and the nicest aspect was the 32 inch flat panel TV. It wasn't recently updated. For the price (over $100) I had greater expectations!
The breakfast was typical. Cold cereals, milk, juices, breads, yogurt, waffles, breakfast sandwiches, etc.
Next month, when we are in the area again, I plan on finding a nicer hotel. I usually stay in Marriott brands to gain the points, but I may stray to find better accommodations.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank mschell333
Texas
Reviewed January 21, 2012

This was my second extended stay at this Fairfield. This time we had 4 rooms and 5 families along to celebrate my son-in-law's "winging" as a Marine Corps helicopter pilot. My daughter made all the arrangements and was thrilled at how helpful the staff was. When we checked in, I asked the clerk if he particular family member had arrived. He laughed and said that we were the last ones. I think this shows that they know their job - they were expecting a large party and knew who we were. We all met in the lobby/breakfast area each morning, and the staff always went out of their way to accomodate, help the newbies with the waffle maker, and make conversation. There is coffee out all day; fresh baked cookies in the evening. A nice breakfast with fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc. The price is a value considering other Pensacola hotels in winter. Bathrooms are a little small, but remember, this is not supposed to be a high-end luxurious hotel. Just a decent, clean facility with nice management. I saw a reviewer who was concerned about the number of sirens....you must remember that the hotel is very close to a huge hospital, so that is to be expected.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 4904
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I typically stay at Marriotts when I travel. They have a great rewards program. I was on a road trip and picked this one because typically Marriotts are nice. I was traveling with my children. We heard police sirens all night. Not very reassuring. The bathroom was about as big as a stall in a gas station. The hotel was a bit run down and short ceilings. Needs updated. Its a small hotel. The breakfast area is very small and not enough tables. The staff though was very nice. I was worried though that my car was going to be broken into. They need more lights in the parking lot and just based on the sirens I don't even think lights would matter. I wouldn't stay here again. They charged way too much for a crappy part of town and run down hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank USMuseFan

Travelers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Lafayette, Tennessee
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Very average hotel. Interior of room was dated and was not "fresh", bathroom was tiny, lobby was tiny. Front desk attendant was nice, but seemed very inadequate to do her job. She had to swipe my card over 5 times to get it to work, needless to say that made me very uneasy. I know this is only a Fairfield, but I expect a lot more being a Marriott rewards member!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Niceville FL
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Too close to I-10 and busy Davis Highwy. Road noise until early morning hours followed by one or two 3:00AM garabage pickups or hot rod races. Homeless camp sight near by. Panhandler in parking lot.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This is the kind of place that appeals to me when I'm traveling on business..comfortable, clean and quiet.
Room was well-maintained..no funny smell or musty feel. The air conditioner worked the way it should...I was able to get the room to a reasonable temperature (not freezing..not broiling) without constantly having to adjust the thermostat. Perfect.
The bed was comfortable and the linens looked very fresh..in fact, everything in the room felt/looked very clean..nothing "roachy". TV reception was good and the channel selection is above average for a business class hotel. WIndow and door locks are tight...another big plus. Everything felt safe and secure. The staff was friendly and helpful..check-in/check-out was hassle-free.
Now..for the downside...standard rooms don't include microwaves or refridgerators (NOT ideal, if you are traveling with kids), there's no gym and the pool is so small it looks like an afterthought. Not really kid-friendly.
I have stayed at this hotel many times during business trips and have always received a clean, comfortable room. This time was no exception. But, if I had my family with me..I would stay probably stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the backside of the hotel, away from the main street...