“FANSTASIC STAY, WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN”

MainStay Suites Pensacola
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed May 28, 2010

This was the quietest place I have ever slept. The staff was very helpful and nolegable about the area. We were three adults, two teens, and a baby, and still were not on top of each other, very spacious. Can not say enough good about our stay. If we ever go back to Pensicola, FL. This is the place my family and I want to stay. Again to the staff, THANK YOU for such a nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for MainStay Suites Pensacola

Reviewed May 19, 2010

i came to Pensacola on business and brought my wife along for a quiet getaway from the daily hustle and bustle. My company made the reservations so I was a bit apprehensive because I had no prior knowledge of the property. We were VERY pleased.

This property is the old Residence Inn which has new owners, a face-lift and has been completely cleaned as far as we could tell. Our stay kept getting extended after we checked out so we ended up in three different rooms over a weeks time. All three were quite large and as clean as they could possibly be. All the linens appeared to be brand new. The rooms have a mini-kitchen and all the utensils, flatware and tableware appeared to be new as well.

The staff was friendly and VERY helpful whenever we made any requests of them.

We have NO complaints whatsoever. The University Mall nearby is mostly unoccupied after taking two hits from hurricanes in quick succession. It is my understanding that it is going to be torn down and a new property built. That will revitalize this little corner of Pensacola, but right now it serves to make this property a bit more secluded and charming.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2010

We needed to come to Pensacola Christian College's graduation and American Express booked a suite for us @ $189 a night.

1. It is dated by at least 12 years or better.
2. If you can find it even with GPS you must be Columbus !
3. Beds have cheap mattresses with no support.
4. We asked for 2 double beds in the kids room and got a queen size bed.
5. Breakfast sometimes has eggs, sometimes does not.
6. TV's in the rooms are 10+ years old and have poor picture quality.
7. Free internet ?? Don't bother:
Tested it each day with Speakeasy's tool and here are the results:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 195 kbps (24.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 198 kbps (24.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

(dial up speed)

8. $189 a night for this ??? pitiful !
9. Cheap construction and peeling paint
10. The area around the hotel is depressed and half it is closed down.

Oh and it is no longer affiliated with Marriott/Residence Inn - I would guess Marriott told them to fix this place up or get out !

Your money can do a lot better than here ... trust me.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Stayed at property over New Years Eve for 3 nights. The Inn is located behind University Mall. The property itself was immaculate. The suite was clean, nice size and easy access to your room from the parking lot. But I must say the front desk staff were some of the nicest people you can ask for. They were very prompt upon check-in, even called later to make sure everything was ok. The breakfast buffet was excellent, eggs, waffles, yogurt with fruit, cereal and always hot coffee. I was so impressed with my stay, I have already booked for Memorial Day weekend and the 4th of July. Even received a thank you e-mail after my stay. This was a great stay can't wait to come back. This Residence Inn knows how to treat their customers in ways other hotels wish they could.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here two nights while in Pensacola for a music festival / convention across the way at the Silver Screen Theatre. I was very impressed as we pulled into the parking lot, as I really wasn't expecting something so nice for the rate we got.

I knew the rooms would be larger than typical rooms (given that it's a *residence* inn) but it was larger than I expected. Even though it was just the two of us in our room, we had two queen beds instead of a king. The sink was outside the bathroom (toilet and shower/tub) and had a long counter, great for spreading out our stuff, and a smaller dressing area with full-length mirror.

I also wasn't expecting the kitchenette to be larger than the full kitchen in my first apartment! Full fridge, full-size oven (I wish I'd known sooner, we would have made cupcakes!), large cabinets with a few plates and glasses. I don't know if the corkscrew came with the room, or if it was left by the previous occupants. The low counter served as both a dining table and a computer desk. We also lounged in the nice living room area (couch and armchair with coffee table) near the fireplace, but we never used that.

There was a very clean swimming pool that I would have used if I'd remembered my bathing suit. Friday morning I actually woke up early enough to have breakfast in the lobby; that was pretty tasty and also more than the typical hotel bagels-and-toast I joked about. I think almost all (if not all?) of the out-of-towners attending the event stayed at this place, so we pretty much went from room to room spending time with all our friends. There were many of us on Saturday night, spread out in one of the two-floor suites, but the place must have pretty good soundproofing because no one came around to complain.

Most of our stay was centered around the event, so we didn't venture far into Pensacola. It was an easy walk across the parking lot to the theater, and the Waffle House was not that far past that. A yummy Mexican restaurant was right around the corner (I think it was Los Rancheros). We renamed the mall across the street the Zombie Mall, since everything except the major department stores was closed and it reminded us of what the mall would look like in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse--but we weren't around to shop at the mall, and it amused us greatly.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I had a very busy weekend ahead of me when I flew into Pensacola the evening of October 1. My daughter was getting married. I planned to stay in a regular room the first night because we didn't need the suite we reserved until the next few nights. The rest of my family had other plans. The gentleman was so welcoming and nice to me at check-in. He was able to bump me up to the suite the very first night so I wouldn't have to move after one night. I had a whole suite to myself! I attended the delicious barbeque on Thursday night and woke up to a good breakfast the next morning. The suite was perfect for hanging the bridal gown and long bridesmaid dresses. We had to steam all the dresses since we were coming from out of town and they were wrinkled. We had so much room to make this possible in the suite. I don't know how we could have survived with our whole family in one little regular sized motel room anywhere else. The staff made sure we had new towels and the desk staff was extra helpful and friendly. Thank you for making the wedding weekend a wonderful experience. I slept well in your beds and I appreciated this home away from home that was conveniently located to our parties, church, reception, etc. It was a great place to spend our one last night as a family of six before my daughter began her new life.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2009

Great experience. James and the staff went beyond what we expected to make our visit a wonderful stay. The breakfast was always ready on time and very good. The cleaning staff were prompt and honest. The pool was clean and the grounds excellent. We will make this our stop next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family