“Thank You for a Great Weekend”

MainStay Suites Pensacola
Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Cheyenne
“Thank You for a Great Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2009

I had a very busy weekend ahead of me when I flew into Pensacola the evening of October 1. My daughter was getting married. I planned to stay in a regular room the first night because we didn't need the suite we reserved until the next few nights. The rest of my family had other plans. The gentleman was so welcoming and nice to me at check-in. He was able to bump me up to the suite the very first night so I wouldn't have to move after one night. I had a whole suite to myself! I attended the delicious barbeque on Thursday night and woke up to a good breakfast the next morning. The suite was perfect for hanging the bridal gown and long bridesmaid dresses. We had to steam all the dresses since we were coming from out of town and they were wrinkled. We had so much room to make this possible in the suite. I don't know how we could have survived with our whole family in one little regular sized motel room anywhere else. The staff made sure we had new towels and the desk staff was extra helpful and friendly. Thank you for making the wedding weekend a wonderful experience. I slept well in your beds and I appreciated this home away from home that was conveniently located to our parties, church, reception, etc. It was a great place to spend our one last night as a family of six before my daughter began her new life.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Northeast Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

Great experience. James and the staff went beyond what we expected to make our visit a wonderful stay. The breakfast was always ready on time and very good. The cleaning staff were prompt and honest. The pool was clean and the grounds excellent. We will make this our stop next time we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Hilton Head Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2009

This hotel looks okay from the outside but very disappointing on the inside. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very damp, dirty, and outdated. All of the furniture was old and dirty. The bed linens looked like they had been used before. We were scheduled to stay for 5 nights but left after one night.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HiltonHeadIslandNavy
Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2009

First of all the staff was rally nice, especially the front desk person. I got the room bidding and for a very good price, now I wouldn't pay more than a $100 a night for this hotel. Rooms are clean a big but outdated, breakfast was good and included. The hotel is far from the beaches and hidden right next to I-10.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank alonsoflor
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

Room was damp and front desk reported not having another room available.
Fridge had food left over from last guest,
Bathroom was not cleaned, there was an used washcloth hanging in the bathtub.
Room had a couple of wall patches but were not painted over.
Long story short: Room was not worth the money spent, and would not recommend the place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
North Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

Very roomy hotel...got a suite at a good rate. It was a 2-floor suite, could have lived in it. Hotel was hard to find, trust your GPS. Great area to be, minutes from I-10 then 110 to lovely Pensacola beaches...

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2009

I am a Mariott frequent guest and used points to spend a night at this location. It was not worth what I had to use for it. The chain lock was broken, the room slept up to five persons and there were only 2 bath towels. The people above us came in at 3am and you could hear everything, the floors must have been paper thin. It was clean. The location is among a bunch of closed up restaurants and a dying mall.

• Liked — Size of room.
  • Disliked — Noise from next unit. Walls very thin.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)