“Stay away unless your on a very tight budget.”

MainStay Suites Pensacola
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I travel 8 weeks every qtr and have never stayed in a hotel this bad before. There are patched holes not painted, dirt build up on the corners of the bathroom that you can tell hasn't been cleaned in a long time. The carpet seems are coming apart to were you can see the cement and the room has a smell like it hasn't been cleaned or dusted in a long time. Also there is dust buildup on the outlets(see my pic's).

• Stayed: March 2014
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. We share all guest comments with out entire staff so that we can continue to improve and enhance our guest experience. I am sorry that you did not feel comfortable, and did not want to move rooms. We are taking your comments to heart, and have our maintenance team tending to your concerns.

There are newer reviews for MainStay Suites Pensacola

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Absolutely fantastic. Excellent choice if traveling with others. We were upgraded to a king suite on 2nd floor with another bedroom and full bath on an upper level. Breakfast included cooked oatmeal, eggs, potatoes and breakfast sausages. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank nicksllama
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. My staff and I were happy to read that you enjoyed your complementary upgrade. It is our pleasure to do that when we have upgrades available. We appreciate the feedback, and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This hotel was is more like a condo. The grounds were very nice, we were able to stay on the ground floor, which was very important for our traveling companions. One of our companions had a dog, and I will be honest and say that most dog-friendly hotels are not very nice, but this hotel was very clean-no evidence of pets having been there at all. Our kids enjoyed the swimming pool, and then we watched a movie in the living room area, which was very spacious. Mainstay is very easy to get to and has a great location right off of the interstate. This was an excellent value for us, plenty of room for all, and a great place to unwind after being on the road for a couple of days. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and made sure that we had everything we needed. They called us after we got settled to ask if we found the accommodations pleasing. What a nice surprise! Can't wait to stay there on our next trip to FL!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JayGins

It was very kind of you to take the time to share your experience with us. Our cleaning staff particularly appreciated your remark that there was no evidence that we are pet friendly hotel. They are our unsung heroes. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

After staying in a very ran down hotel, then at a better one out of town, this place was very very nice. This is how a person should be able to rest after a day of sightseeing in sunny Florida. The room had a fireplace, fully furnished kitchenette, couch, and very nice amenities. The breakfast was so large, it is something you don't see in hotel breakfasts typically. I made a huge Belgian waffle, they had sausage links, pig in the blankets, donuts, pastries, boiled eggs, cottage cheese, fresh fruits, bagels, fried potatoes, scrambled eggs, cereal, yogurt, fresh oatmeal, bread for toast and options of jelly, peanut butter, butter, etc. Drinks included coffee all day and night, fountain sodas, milk, juices. This was a very nice hotel and the women working at the service desk were very nice and helpful. The lady who checked us in and out. Her name on the receipt is nswain. Thank you for your kindness and hospitality. She talked us into staying. The room was around $75 with taxes, with a discount from my mom being a senior citizen.

Room Tip: Our room was 112. It was on the bottom floor and we heard no outside noise at all.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
MainStayPensacola, Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. As with all reviews, I shared your comment with my entire staff, and they felt very gratified that their hard work was appreciated. We particularly enjoyed that your described our breakfast selections in such detail, as we recently revamped our entire breakfast, adding many new selections, and we were eager for guest feedback.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

As a middle-aged woman travelling alone with a blind cat in a crate at night, this was the worst place I could have chosen!! Had an advance reservation and prepaid, but may not try that again. The night clerk placed me at the end of a long row of a buildings with no parking lot access to my room. I had to unload cat, litter box and luggage in the pitch dark on a deserted road by walking through a row of buildings, across a big courtyard, and around the back of another building to find the room, which was 4 feet from a wood fence that had big gaps showing a large creepy field. It was awkward, difficult after all day on the road, and unsettling. But even more fun reloading in the morning in the pouring rain with no overhead protection. The last straw was standing next to the big "customer satisfaction guarantee" sign in the morning and explaining to the day clerk that I had a very bad experience, and her helpful comment was "oh noooooooooo", Period. If I could give this place a zero rating, I would have. Don't go there. It is dingy for a supposed 3 star place, the pillows look like the little square throw pillows from your couch, its in a remote creepy neighborhood and the customer service is less than zero. Plenty of other places around to choose.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Debbie S
Ajit P, Owner at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Debbie S.

I am sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience during your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate some of the frustration you experienced because the proximity of your room was not a short distance from your parking space. Since you had a pet, we did have to place you in a designated pet friendly room. These rooms are sanitized after each pet departs and we follow this procedure as consideration for those guests that have certain pet allergies. We are situated on a lot adjacent to a outdoor mall with a JC Penny's, a Sears department store and many other national chain stores. The entire area is undergoing a tremendous rejuvenation. I did note that you were very satisfied with the cleanliness of your room. It is unfortunate that inconvenience of having to unpack a large amount of cargo and repack in inclement weather did have a strong impact on your short stay. If requested, my staff would have been happy to assist you with carrying your belongings from your room to the car the morning of your departure. It would have been a simple request which the staff would have most happily attended to. Once again, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and respectfully ask that you give us another chance to show you that we can provide you with a wonderful guest experience.

Kind regards

Ajit

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in 2012 as it was the one we got on hot wire. I had totally forgot and try to never get a hotel under 3 stars. On our current trip heading to Florida I used hot wire again and spaced out my prior experience as it was over a year. As we are driving up to the hotel I could not believe that we would be so lucky. NOT! While the rooms are large they are definitely dated and could use some fixing up like the floor tiles in the bathroom and could be mold in the ceiling fan in the bathroom. When we arrived road tired at 3 pm we wanted a nap...the room above us had a continual squeeking of the floor like the individual never sat down but paced back and forth...(our room 312)...could not rest we then went to dinner and returned to the same squeeking. I called the front desk and made an inquiry....the front desk wanted to know what took me so long to call. The noise did subside for about an hour but then started up again all night. I totally tired the next day.

While you may feel like you are getting a good deal on hot wire for a 3 star if you are travelling with a dog there is an additional 25.00 pet fee. Hopefully that would be used to fix up the rooms some more.

The breakfast food is just microwave biscuits, outdated yogurt, cereal etc. a good variety though.

MainStay is also next to a mortuary and the area appears seedy.

There is a kitchen with chairs, stove and large fridge. All seemed clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ruthe
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. As we continually try to improve our guests' experiences, feedback from guest like you give us valuable information.
I'm very sorry that you were disturbed by the guests above you. We are fortunate in that out townhouses are separated, so that is not something that happens often. I do hope when you spoke to my staff they offered to move your suite.
We are pleased to accept pets, and offer both pet rooms and non-pet rooms. We deep clean our rooms that have hosted pets, and as is common in pet friendly hotels, we do charge a fee.
I agree with your caution about using Hotwire. While there are good deals to be found, in exchange for the discount you give certain things up, like choosing a specific bed type, or the type of hotel. We are an extended stay property with very large suites with full kitchens, and an apartment complex lay out, which is ideal for extended stay guests. They provide the privacy of an apartment with the amenities of a hotel. But if one books on Hotwire, they are sometimes expecting a more traditional hotel. I always suggest calling the hotel directly after booking to gather more information about things like pet fees, to ensure your comfort, and reduce surprises.
Among our amenities, we are happy to offer a Free full hot breakfast, which we just completely revamped the week after your stay.
Again, thank you for your comments; they are appreciated.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have stayed at Mainstay Suites in Pensacola numerous times since Labor Day of this year. I travel to Pensacola frequently for business and book several days each trip, and usually travel solo. I find the staff at this hotel very friendly and accommodating, especially Nora at the Front Desk. The rooms are huge with a full stainless steel kitchen, fireplace and cozy bedding. Even though this is an older property, it is very well kept, clean and provides plenty of outdoor lighting for security purposes. A small pool with a BBQ area will keep the kids happy and the full breakfast bar with hot entrees each morning will start your day off right. I would highly recommend seeking out this "off the beaten path" hotel. You will not be disappointed and will receive a great value for your family, spacious rooms and wonderful amenities.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Ajit P, Owner at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear nanGDestin_FL

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay. My staff and I, do enjoy having you as our guest. We are happy to be your "home away from home" and look forward to seeing you again, next time you visit Pensacola.

Kindest regards