“Excellent Hotel Stay, the best”

MainStay Suites Pensacola
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed January 17, 2014

After staying in a very ran down hotel, then at a better one out of town, this place was very very nice. This is how a person should be able to rest after a day of sightseeing in sunny Florida. The room had a fireplace, fully furnished kitchenette, couch, and very nice amenities. The breakfast was so large, it is something you don't see in hotel breakfasts typically. I made a huge Belgian waffle, they had sausage links, pig in the blankets, donuts, pastries, boiled eggs, cottage cheese, fresh fruits, bagels, fried potatoes, scrambled eggs, cereal, yogurt, fresh oatmeal, bread for toast and options of jelly, peanut butter, butter, etc. Drinks included coffee all day and night, fountain sodas, milk, juices. This was a very nice hotel and the women working at the service desk were very nice and helpful. The lady who checked us in and out. Her name on the receipt is nswain. Thank you for your kindness and hospitality. She talked us into staying. The room was around $75 with taxes, with a discount from my mom being a senior citizen.

Room Tip: Our room was 112. It was on the bottom floor and we heard no outside noise at all.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
MainStayPensacola, Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. As with all reviews, I shared your comment with my entire staff, and they felt very gratified that their hard work was appreciated. We particularly enjoyed that your described our breakfast selections in such detail, as we recently revamped our entire breakfast, adding many new selections, and we were eager for guest feedback.

Julia Ferris

Reviewed December 22, 2013

As a middle-aged woman travelling alone with a blind cat in a crate at night, this was the worst place I could have chosen!! Had an advance reservation and prepaid, but may not try that again. The night clerk placed me at the end of a long row of a buildings with no parking lot access to my room. I had to unload cat, litter box and luggage in the pitch dark on a deserted road by walking through a row of buildings, across a big courtyard, and around the back of another building to find the room, which was 4 feet from a wood fence that had big gaps showing a large creepy field. It was awkward, difficult after all day on the road, and unsettling. But even more fun reloading in the morning in the pouring rain with no overhead protection. The last straw was standing next to the big "customer satisfaction guarantee" sign in the morning and explaining to the day clerk that I had a very bad experience, and her helpful comment was "oh noooooooooo", Period. If I could give this place a zero rating, I would have. Don't go there. It is dingy for a supposed 3 star place, the pillows look like the little square throw pillows from your couch, its in a remote creepy neighborhood and the customer service is less than zero. Plenty of other places around to choose.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Debbie S
Ajit P, Owner at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Debbie S.

I am sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience during your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate some of the frustration you experienced because the proximity of your room was not a short distance from your parking space. Since you had a pet, we did have to place you in a designated pet friendly room. These rooms are sanitized after each pet departs and we follow this procedure as consideration for those guests that have certain pet allergies. We are situated on a lot adjacent to a outdoor mall with a JC Penny's, a Sears department store and many other national chain stores. The entire area is undergoing a tremendous rejuvenation. I did note that you were very satisfied with the cleanliness of your room. It is unfortunate that inconvenience of having to unpack a large amount of cargo and repack in inclement weather did have a strong impact on your short stay. If requested, my staff would have been happy to assist you with carrying your belongings from your room to the car the morning of your departure. It would have been a simple request which the staff would have most happily attended to. Once again, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and respectfully ask that you give us another chance to show you that we can provide you with a wonderful guest experience.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in 2012 as it was the one we got on hot wire. I had totally forgot and try to never get a hotel under 3 stars. On our current trip heading to Florida I used hot wire again and spaced out my prior experience as it was over a year. As we are driving up to the hotel I could not believe that we would be so lucky. NOT! While the rooms are large they are definitely dated and could use some fixing up like the floor tiles in the bathroom and could be mold in the ceiling fan in the bathroom. When we arrived road tired at 3 pm we wanted a nap...the room above us had a continual squeeking of the floor like the individual never sat down but paced back and forth...(our room 312)...could not rest we then went to dinner and returned to the same squeeking. I called the front desk and made an inquiry....the front desk wanted to know what took me so long to call. The noise did subside for about an hour but then started up again all night. I totally tired the next day.

While you may feel like you are getting a good deal on hot wire for a 3 star if you are travelling with a dog there is an additional 25.00 pet fee. Hopefully that would be used to fix up the rooms some more.

The breakfast food is just microwave biscuits, outdated yogurt, cereal etc. a good variety though.

MainStay is also next to a mortuary and the area appears seedy.

There is a kitchen with chairs, stove and large fridge. All seemed clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ruthe
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. As we continually try to improve our guests' experiences, feedback from guest like you give us valuable information.
I'm very sorry that you were disturbed by the guests above you. We are fortunate in that out townhouses are separated, so that is not something that happens often. I do hope when you spoke to my staff they offered to move your suite.
We are pleased to accept pets, and offer both pet rooms and non-pet rooms. We deep clean our rooms that have hosted pets, and as is common in pet friendly hotels, we do charge a fee.
I agree with your caution about using Hotwire. While there are good deals to be found, in exchange for the discount you give certain things up, like choosing a specific bed type, or the type of hotel. We are an extended stay property with very large suites with full kitchens, and an apartment complex lay out, which is ideal for extended stay guests. They provide the privacy of an apartment with the amenities of a hotel. But if one books on Hotwire, they are sometimes expecting a more traditional hotel. I always suggest calling the hotel directly after booking to gather more information about things like pet fees, to ensure your comfort, and reduce surprises.
Among our amenities, we are happy to offer a Free full hot breakfast, which we just completely revamped the week after your stay.
Again, thank you for your comments; they are appreciated.
Julia Ferris

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have stayed at Mainstay Suites in Pensacola numerous times since Labor Day of this year. I travel to Pensacola frequently for business and book several days each trip, and usually travel solo. I find the staff at this hotel very friendly and accommodating, especially Nora at the Front Desk. The rooms are huge with a full stainless steel kitchen, fireplace and cozy bedding. Even though this is an older property, it is very well kept, clean and provides plenty of outdoor lighting for security purposes. A small pool with a BBQ area will keep the kids happy and the full breakfast bar with hot entrees each morning will start your day off right. I would highly recommend seeking out this "off the beaten path" hotel. You will not be disappointed and will receive a great value for your family, spacious rooms and wonderful amenities.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Ajit P, Owner at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear nanGDestin_FL

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay. My staff and I, do enjoy having you as our guest. We are happy to be your "home away from home" and look forward to seeing you again, next time you visit Pensacola.

Kindest regards

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Booked on line and then called ahead to make sure the room was ventilated well (asthma). When we arrived the room that we were shown was not clean. There was food residue on the sofa, thick dust on the carpet next to the furniture where the vacuumed had not been for months. There were rings on the tables where drinks had spilled and the linen was warn out. Even though I pre-paid a forfeited my money and refused to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a different property.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark B
Ajit P, Owner at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Mark B.

We do apologize that you were not happy with the reservation you made for our hotel. Unfortunately, when you make a hidden rate reservation with sites such as Hotwire or Priceline, you get a great discounted rate but the location is hidden. Upon your arrival, it was clearly evident that you had other arrangements for your overnight stay and although we had several options to address the issues you have cited, the issues were not relayed to us while you were present. This morning, we checked into the observations you communicated and they were attended to by our staff in just a few minutes. We could have even offered you another room, again, if you had communicated what you did not like with the first room you saw. If you had stayed, I am certain, the nice fireplace, the full kitchen with stainless steel appliances, the large HDTV and the full hot breakfast would have made the stay an enjoyable experience. Ideally, we would have loved to address the simple things you found objectionable. It would have taken less than 5 minutes to fix them and I am certain your stay would have been fine. Since you did make the reservation with a third party, who charged you for the room, we are sorry that we could not address your requests about the prepayment. I definitely want to assure you that we appreciate our customers. The entire Mainstay staff is dedicated to making each and every guest's stay a great experience and would we have certainly done that in your situation had you given us the opportunity.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Room was clean and comfortable, but a bit rundown. Had a problem opening the door to the room, but found out you really had to shove it hard to get it open. Room was spacious and would be great for a large group or family to use as a home base during a trip to the area. Breakfast area was an unusual set up....hot food was on the other side of entrance in hallway near check in...so we didn't realize that there was eggs and sausage available until we saw someone walk by with some. Hotel was next door to a funeral home, so that may be a turn off to some people.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Ajit P, Owner at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear 96Donna

Thank you so much for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I was glad to note that you did find your room clean and comfortable. The oversized suites are a very nice change compared to most standard hotel rooms. A lot of our guests love the fireplaces and the large flat screen TVs that are a standard feature in all of our rooms. We do hope that next time you are in the Pensacola area, you will come back and stay at Mainstay Suites Pensacola. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Regards

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our family was in town Sept. 27-Oct.4 for my mother's funeral. The front desk was VERY courteous and pleasant. They made every attempt for our rooms to be near each other. Housekeeping staff always asked was there anything extra we needed. The buffet breakfast was amazing!!! Thanks for making a difficult time easier on our family!!!! We look forward to staying there whenever we're in Pensacola!!! Thanks Again, Barnes (SC)/Poe(CA & WVa)/Cruz (Md)and Smith(Md) families

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Suzzette B.

Thank you so much for taking some time, even during this difficult period to provide feedback on your recent stay. We once again express our deepest condolences on your family's loss and will definitely keep you all in our prayers.

Kindest regards