“Staff trouble”

MainStay Suites Pensacola
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Beautiful place, called ahead and reserved after long day of driving.
Staff on and on about what you can and can't take from room....must have a big problem up here..

Get to room and another big sign about the price of iron,toaster...etc if you steal...

Get to breakfast and ask for ice...the told my wife, that's why they have ice in your room!

Daughter accidentally used real plate instead of styrofoam used for the breakfast Buffett, tried to give to front desk person, who was counting money and ignoring me.

Left it on the counter and after she finished counting Vanessa yelled across dining area, is this your plate...

Nice place, need more professionally trained staff

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dktrogers
There are newer reviews for MainStay Suites Pensacola

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Bed was a comfy king, bathroom was adequate (not as nice as rest of the room) and the location wasn't bad. 30 min avg from Pensacola Beach, grounds were well kept, room was clean and free of smells which is rare for pet rooms, and we all felt well rested the next day. Staff was super polite and helpful! :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
MainStayPensacola, Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for being our guest at MainStay Suites in Pensacola. We really appreciate the kind comments you reported on our behalf. The nice review you gave us REALLY excites TEAM MAINSTAY and lets them know that their hard work does not go un-noticed.

We hope that you will consider us again if your future travels point you at Pensacola. Please feel free to call us directly for reservations and we will gladly fill you in on fun things to do in the Pensacola Bay Area....like the upcoming DeLuna Fest, Pensacola Seafood Fest, and the Great Gulf Coast Arts Fest...JUST TO NAME A FEW !

Thank you again.

Sincerely.

Ops/ Sales Manager
MainStay Suites
7230 Plantation Road
Pensacola, FL 32504

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed at MainStay suited because of the full kitchen. The loft room was very well lit, however the cleanliness was not up to standard. The room would start to smell moldy if the air conditioner was not set low enough or the fans were turned off.
The rooms would be very bright with all the lights on. I had stayed there in August then came back in September assured that the problems I reported would be taken care of however they were not.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us twice recently at MainStay Suites in Pensacola, FL. We appreciate you being our guest and value your feedback. We have completely renovated the hotel in the last year and we are very proud of all the positive comments we have received. I am sorry that this last stay wasn't to your complete satisfaction. You mentioned cleanliness being an issue but only specified a moldy odor as your issue. I will admit that the recent RECORD RAINFALL in Pensacola may acount for a musty smell you may have experienced. We are in the process of trying some new treatments to help with moisture but have also realized that the weather FINALLY drying out has really helped...We had THREE CONSECUTIVE MONTHS of DAILY RAINFALL. In June we had one day with 20" going on record as the 2nd heaviest day of rain since they have kept these records.

All that being said...I want you to be happy BECAUSE we want you to come back. Please call me so we can talk about your specific experience and I will see what incentives we can offer for you to give us a chance at redemption.

Thank you again for your comments.

Ops/ Sales Manager
MainStay Suites
7230 Plantation Road
Pensacola, FL 32504

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This place seriously rocks. I am a repeat customer, and my needs are always met and then some. It is quiet, the staff is friendly, my bed is comfortable, and each room is an apartment with a full kitchen! And there's free internet! Publix isn't too far away, and I was able to enjoy my usual home cooked vegan meals every night. You will be glad you stayed here!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at Mainstay Pensacola for five nights. The room was of adequate size and comfortable. The appliances in the kitchen were stailess steel and nice. The kitchen had a microwave/grill oven, a full-size stove, and a refrigerator. The hot breakfast was good. The wall-mounted hair dryer in our room did not work, but they came to replace it right away after we reported the problem. The lights on the mini basketball/tennis court did not work, and they said the bulb had been on order for a few days. They have exceptional customer service. Swtiching and asking for more bath towels was never a problem. I was most impressed when we were checking out, I reported that we could not find my daughter's ring, which was special to her. The front desk hostess (I believe her name was Nora) asked me to wait for a few minutes and sked a worker to immediately go to the room to look for it. Even though the worker did not find it, Nora called my cell phone thirty minutes after we left Pensacola and told me the cleaning crew had found the ring. Since I was already more than thirty miles away, she offered to send it to us by mail. Yesterday, my daughter told me in excitement that she had received the ring in the mail. We really appreciate the excellent customer service. Thank you Nora! Thank you Mainstay!

Room Tip: Before I went, I read that if you stayed close to the pool it would be loud. But when we got there...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
MainStayPensacola, Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Hello Rich01118...We are so glad you chose our MainStay Suites for your stay in Pensacola. Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and our team here at MainStay. It really gets the team here fired up each time they see comments from more satisfied guests. I am glad your daughter's ring was found quickly and returned safely. Nora and everyone here does a great job taking care of our guests. Our best reward is when we hear that you will definitely return to our hotel when you visit Pensacola again.

Please let us know when you will be returning and we will gladly make the reservation for you.

Thank you again from Team MainStay Suites in Pensacola.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed here because I was traveling with dogs. It was very nice and clean. I would stay here again. My only complaint was that for a pet friendly hotel, I thought they would have more little trash cans to encourage people to pick up after there dogs. The closest outdoor trash cans were by the pool. But I was very impressed by the cleanliness. There was no pet smell or anything!

• Stayed: August 2012

Hello again Shiner09.

Thank you so much for choosing MainStay Suites for your recent visit to Pensacola. We appreciate you GREAT comments about our "CLEAN & FRIENDLY" hotel with "HUGE ROOMS". I am so glad that you and your dogs found your accommodations comfortable. Kind comments like yours really make our team here happy, especially when we know that you will stay with us on return visits to the area.
Please do not hesitate to call when you will be in Pensacola next, and we will look forward to reserving your suite at a great rate.

Thank you again from Team MainStay Suites in Pensacola.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the MainStay Suites for 5 nights in July. What a nice home away from home! The rooms are very spacious. My family of 5 had enough room to stretch out and never feel crowded like we do at regular motels. The closet space and kitchen were a huge plus. We also enjoyed the pool and basketball court as well as the guest laundry. The breakfast was really good and we loved that the menu changed daily. No complaints from our family, we will definitely stay again when visiting Pensacola.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family