“Good for us”

Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Hot Springs, AR, USA
“Good for us”
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We found this Mainstay Suites fine for our family of four. Employees were responsive to our needs. The bedding was comfortable. The kitchenette was very convenient for storing refrigerated items such as pizza and drinks for our teenagers. Breakfast was better than average in quantity and quality. Location was good. Beach is not a bad drive, maybe 25 minutes. We found some hairs and dirt in the bathroom and uncleanliness under the sleeper sofa when we moved it back from the TV. Best was free breakfast and fair price. It was better than other reviewed hotels here in the under $100 category. Least was the noise we heard from above.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mark71901

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The rooms are huge and have potential but they are in desperate need of UPDATING!..When we arrived at the room we were greeted by a musty and stale odor at the door. Upon entering the room I noticed that the carpet had not been vaccumed, the bathroom had not been cleaned properly and the closet door was hanging sideways on the track. After a trip to wal mart where I purchased some cleaning supplies and candles to mask the odors in the room it was tolorable especially since we were out of the room most of the day. When we came back to the room I pulled out the sofa bed, which was in poor condition and found a LARGE questionable stain so my son had to sleep with his father and I. That being the last straw, I got up and made a reservation at another hotel. The next morning I was up at 6am after a horrible night so that I could check into the new hotel, when I went to the front desk at the Main Stay I was told that the cash I'd given them the day before would have to be refunded by check because they were not properly equiped to refund cash..WTF???? Needless to say after I spoke to the assistant manager (Nora Swain) who was very rude and general manager (Paul Blake )who also seemed upset that I disturbed him, my money was refunded to me in CASH!
On a brighter note there was a front desk agent named Fanisha Cyrus who was very pleasant, helpful, and understanding of this horrible situation.

Room Tip: Don't stay here !
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank EbonyRhodes
MainStayPensacola, Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
I am replying to give my sincere apology that your stay with us was not to your standards. We were happy that you were referred to us by a very nice competitor hotel when they were not able to meet your needs. When you first brought up your points of concern, I was prepared to send a room attendant to your room in a good faith effort to bring everything to your complete satisfaction. At that time you brought it to our attention that you work for an exclusive high end hotel chain, and that you always bring cleaning supplies to every hotel you travel to so you can bring them up to your deserved, discerning hotel expectations. Our housekeeping staff was disappointed that you would not give them the opportunity to show you that they could make things right for you. We were encouraged however that you were indicating by your 2 night payment that you were going to be staying through the weekend.
When I was called at my house on Saturday to discuss a cash refund for your second night because you were checking out 1 day early, you were not bothering me at all, and I am really sorry if I gave you that impression. I always want to be informed on my days off of any guest issues so that a guest does not have to wait until Monday for a resolution. The ONLY reason I could not promise a CASH refund at that second was because I had to call the hotel to see if there would be enough cash on hand for operations after your refund. Our normal procedure as at other hotels is to issue a refund check, BUT, I was willing to work with you IF the cash was available. As it turned out, Ms. Nora was willing to come in on her day off and get change out of the safe so you could be accommodated. I am also sorry on her behalf, if while communicating this to you, she came across as being rude.
We would be grateful for a second chance any time in the future to welcome you back to the area and let you see first-hand that your complete satisfaction is always our first goal.
Paul Blake and team MainStay Suites
Marrero
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Beautiful property with big swimming pool, tennis court, and a basket ball court! I stayed here for 2 nights in a Double Queen Suites which was a very spacious room with kitchen et, but only had two body towels. Great room just needed more towels.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank NguyenNewOrleans
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 16, 2011

My family of 12 went to Pensacola for a graduation and a weekend of family fun. Hotel was under rennovation. Upon check in the attendant told us they we under construction. This meant a used toilet infront of my suite door. Which looked much better than some of the stains on the carpet. We complained and were given a king suite which was not much better. family of 12 into a room for 6. WE HAD NO CHOICE!!!! In this room the toilet stopped up and feces and urine ran everywhere and no one came to fix it. The attendant on duty left for over and hour after we told her and when she came back, out of hiding, she gave US a plunger to fix it ourself. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank baiyoli
MainStayPensacola, Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and replying. It is only through responding to all reviews good and bad, that we can work towards our goal of earning EVERY GUEST's REPEAT Business.

Yes we were doing rennovations to the hotel and I am sorry that you were not told about that when you reserved your room on the 3rd party website. I am sorry that as a result of installing ALL NEW Toilets in the hotel, you had to be inconvenienced by seeing one of the old toilets that were to be discarded.

We are also sorry that you were not able to be accommodated in side by side rooms as there were none available close by.

I was glad to be able to accommodate you all in an upgraded PENTHOUSE SUITE and I was glad to offer you that upgraded room at the same price as the room type you had originally reserved. We were also glad to REFUND the other room that you did not need because you were HAPPY to be able to have both families together in the UPGRADED PENTHOUSE SUITE. We were glad at the time that you INDICATED that you were HAPPY with our solution in accommodating you in an upgraded SUITE WHILE SAVING YOU MONEY.

We hope you will consider coming back and giving us another chance and will be glad to offer you a discount upon your return. You can reach MainStay Suites at 850-479-1000 and please ask for me...Paul

Thank you again.
Pensacola
Reviewed August 24, 2010

After staying in the crappiest motel ever, the InnPlace Suites was a breath of fresh air. My husband, 4 year old son and I REALLY enjoyed our stay at this place. We are an active duty family and stayed here, while waiting to find a house to move into.

I don't have really anything horrible to say about the InnPlace Suites.

The homemade breakfast every morning that Jenny makes is just phenomenal! There are certainly plenty of choices for all ages. Eggs, bacon, waffles, grits, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, bagels, danish, toast, yogurt, juice, coffee...it was all delicious. I do wish breakfast was served past 9am, but eh...it motivates me to start my day that much sooner. On the weekends, breakfast is available until 9:30am. The complimentary coffee in the lobby is delicious.

The swimming pool is very refreshing and warm. My son enjoyed swimming in it. My husband and I enjoyed the jacuzzi. The exercise room is a little small, but the equipment provided gets the job done just fine. There is a stationary bike, treadmill and elliptical.

The location is great! There are plenty of restaurants in the vicinity. SuperWalmart is just about 2 miles down the road, so you're able to stock up your refrigerator.

The king bed is super comfortable! Our son enjoyed sleeping on the sleeper sofa. Our cat even enjoyed her stay.

My husband wishes there was a flat screen tv in the room, but the tube tv is ok. We wish there was a DVD player in the room. There is an Ethernet cable provided in the room. However, the internet is a little slow. Wi-fi is provided in the lobby, which is not a far walk at all. You're also able to receive wi-fi in the pool area.

The front desk staff are very helpful and super friendly.

All-on-all, I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. The hotel is very relaxing and comforting!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Groves, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2010

This was the quietest place I have ever slept. The staff was very helpful and nolegable about the area. We were three adults, two teens, and a baby, and still were not on top of each other, very spacious. Can not say enough good about our stay. If we ever go back to Pensicola, FL. This is the place my family and I want to stay. Again to the staff, THANK YOU for such a nice stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Lafayette, LA
Reviewed May 19, 2010

i came to Pensacola on business and brought my wife along for a quiet getaway from the daily hustle and bustle. My company made the reservations so I was a bit apprehensive because I had no prior knowledge of the property. We were VERY pleased.

This property is the old Residence Inn which has new owners, a face-lift and has been completely cleaned as far as we could tell. Our stay kept getting extended after we checked out so we ended up in three different rooms over a weeks time. All three were quite large and as clean as they could possibly be. All the linens appeared to be brand new. The rooms have a mini-kitchen and all the utensils, flatware and tableware appeared to be new as well.

The staff was friendly and VERY helpful whenever we made any requests of them.

We have NO complaints whatsoever. The University Mall nearby is mostly unoccupied after taking two hits from hurricanes in quick succession. It is my understanding that it is going to be torn down and a new property built. That will revitalize this little corner of Pensacola, but right now it serves to make this property a bit more secluded and charming.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business