“"NICE"”

Courtyard Pensacola
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Just stayed one night here, but it was very comfy and the staff were very friendly. Easy check-in and check-out as we were traveling and running behind.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 19, 2010

I will stay at Courtyard hotels from now on whenever I travel! This hotel made the end of our 12 hour car trip from Dallas a welcome sight! The bed was amazing! My husband and I are still talking about it! It was more comfortable than the bed we had in our four star hotel in Orlando! Check-in was super quick and we loved having a pull-out for our kids to sleep on! We got an excellent deal on Priceline and we paid less than $75 for the night (including all taxes and fees).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2010

This Hotel has their own private island Called Shell Island

Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2010

If you have booked a hotel room through Priceline, you know that there is no way to request a specific room type, you have to do that through the hotel. When I checked in I requested a King room, but was told hat "They (meaning Priceline) don't let us change a reservation once it comes in". In other words, even though they had a king room available, they "couldn't" change my reservation, so I wound up with 2 doubles.

I know this isn't a chain-wide policy with Marriott, as I have used Priceline to book Marriott properties before without running into this policy, so I assume it is the policy of this specific hotel. And guess what Mr. Manager, someone quite a bit higher on the food chain than you apparently feels that it's good business to book with Priceline, so get with the program.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2009

BE WARNED!!! THIS HOTEL HAS ROACHES.
I stayed here with my family following the 4th of July
As soon as we arrived my kids yelled there is a bug. I ran to see what it was only to find a ROACH.
After further checking we saw more they were even in the parking lot. I PROMISE I HAD TO BEAT ON FROM GETTING IN OUR CAR.
DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Proudfamof5
Reviewed April 3, 2009

The Courtyard has a great bedding package and is only slighty let down by its spartan feel and lack of complementary breakfast. This would not be an issue in a hotel at 89.00 a night but when one pays 100.00+ per night, the lack of a warm feeling in the rooms and paying extra for a breakfast become a little more glaring.
First the mattresses and bedding. The sleep experience is really wonderful with the foam (perhaps latex foam) mattress being complemented by a wonderful feeling sheet, duvet and pillow package. Cleanliness is foremost to me followed closely by sleep experience and on both fronts this hotel scores high. But the room just felt lacking in an inviting feel in the room and bathroom. Compared to the Hampton nearby, which I have also stayed at, the room is bare feeling and a little cold. It is a delicate balance to find between clean, contemporary and stark, cold and this hotel just misses the mark. But comparing again to the Hampton, the Courtyard's bedding would score higher. Just be prepared to pay extra for the breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2009

While the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable, I was disappointed. The individual website for this hotel advertises free breakfast, which is important to us when traveling as a family. Even the wake-up call I received invited me down for a free breakfast. It was not free. It cost us over $20 for three people. When I asked why this was not free, I was told that some Courtyards were indeed free, but some were not. This one was not, although it was certainly advertised to be, because they have a cook, a female employee said. I never saw a cook. Charge for breakfast if you want, but don't be dishonest in your advertising.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family