“Unbelievable but funny” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Unbelievable but funny”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

So my flight to Pensacola is two hours late. I arrive around midnight. The nice front desk staff provide me with my key. I go to my room and the door is chained..knock, knock,knock - a women in her nightgown with toilet paper wrapped around her head comes to the door. Too funny - Her name is just a few letters different than mine - she is in my room and her room is at the Townplace Marriott next door.

Well the nice staff take me to the other hotel - get me checked in - give me 1,000 points and the room is free.

Great job handling the situation. Laughed myself to sleep that night :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Kevin G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Clean choice, with a good priceline deal about 20 minutes away from the Naval Museum and Blue Angel Practice Airshow. Only downside was the amount of traffic in the area, was glad to have a traffic light to get out onto the main drag.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Carneys Point, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Location: Good easy location to get to from the highway, a few miles from the airport. Plenty of places to eat nearby.

Appearance: This hotel was very up to date and well landscaped.

General Up-Keep: Good. Not much wear and tear.

Workout room: Good. Newer equipment and even a full set of dumbbells, so you can do some upper body workouts besides the cardio. Everything was working properly.

Pool: Did not use, but looked in very good shape. Folks were using it.
Restaurant: Normal Courtyard Bar/restaurant, but I did not visit. Also serves breakfast.

Room: My room was on the second floor and in good shape. Everything worked properly and was clean. Beds were a little soft, but they were designed that way, not old.

Internet & TV: Internet was fast and easy to use. Sometimes you had to refresh the screen to log on. TV was older and little slow to get going. They had the regular channels.

Overall Report: Your typical Courtyard Hotel, but this one did not have a courtyard. Still offered everything else. They have a printer for printing boarding passes right near the front counter. Links directly to the airlines. Booked on Priceline bidding $60.

Would I come back: Yes

Would I bring my wife and family: Yes

Reason for this trip: Business

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank richard9i
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Just stayed one night (and arrived at almost midnight after driving 11 hours from Dallas). Staff friendly; room was clean and comfy and well equipped. Everything great.... until 5:15 a.m. when I heard what sounded like a roller-bag being dragged down a staircase right outside our room. Clanging noise continued and I could not imagine what it was. Laying in bed - awake- I suddenly remembered: I'll bet our wall is immediately attached to the kitchen and this is the crew setting up and preparing for breakfast service. Finally fell back asleep; awoke to my pre-set 7 AM alarm and as we were checking out - sure enough - that is where our room was! I informed the front desk and she was abundantly apologetic (even embarrassed) and said "Oh no! The girl who checked you in is supposed to know to never use that room for guests until it is the last room available." (which it was not; not even close). "I guess she forgot." Yes - I guess she did (annoyed). To support het apology the desk rep awarded me a complimentary soft drink. sigh.....

Room Tip: Watch out for proximity to restaurant/kitchen serving are (duh).
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CardsFan64
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is your typical Courtyard, but what makes it special is the staff. They really go above and beyond. We had an event there and they made sure everything was perfect before the event began, including getting me a Starbucks even though the cafe was closed so that I could have an afternoon pick me up. There is a nice indoor pool and the cafe is larger than in most Courtyards. The fitness center has a three machines and free weights. Numerous restaurants are just a short drive away. Customer service may be a lost art in most places these days, but.definitely not here. Terrific stay- I'll be back!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank EconMom2
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Very nice room, great comfortable bed and quiet area. Only thing I did not like was having to pay for coffee and breakfast, it was not a buffet, but menu order. For the rate paid $121, it should include complimentary coffee and breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Royce J
Gulf Breeze, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was stuck in Pensacola overnight for the great ice storm. The room was clean, looked new. The mattress was very comfortable. There is an indoor pool and hot tub. Didn't have time to use it but looked nice. Basic workout room. Could use some basic weight lifting equipment. The bar served a good breakfast. I was pleased with the stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Buster L
gmpensacola, General Manager at Courtyard Pensacola, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! It was a pleasure serving you during your visit. We look forward to exceeding your expectations when you come back to see us! We appreciate your business and thank you so much for writing about your experience. I will defiantly share your sentiments with our staff! Thanks again and best wishes to you and yours!
P.s. The free weights are here! This should make your experience even better.