“A Wonderful time in Pensacola Courtyard” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Pensacola

Courtyard Pensacola
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Rutherford, New Jersey
“A Wonderful time in Pensacola Courtyard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I always try and stay at a courtyard by Marriott. The one in Pensacola was the best I ever stayed at. The hotel was beautiful and very clean. The staff was incredibly helpful & friendly. I also enjoyed the cafe.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank MariaVictori

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

The lobby and rooms are so modern and enjoyable. This hotel has gotten a renovation to be modern and newer like the other Courtyards I've been to. So glad I chose this hotel - great location (close to everything), nice staff, clean and welcoming rooms, and I felt safe (so important for a solo female traveler!)
I didn't experience the troubles another another reviewer had with the Wifi or bed selection, but that's also not something that would put me out on a location. I'm thinking issues with a smoke detector aren't within the choice of the hotel but of the Fire Marshall for that city. That's just my guess though.
I'd definitely recommend eating at the cafe - usually I get my meals "to-go" before I stay anywhere and just take my takeout to my room to eat and veg out. I was planning to do that at this hotel too but I ended up staying and eating downstairs. The environment felt so inviting and the staff and other guests were really fun to be around. It was a nice change of pace from when I normally travel and do everything by myself.

I will DEFINITELY stay at this hotel again in Pensacola.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Elizabeth O
Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the weekend of Feb 2, 2013. The front desk staff were very courteous, and the rooms were nice. We had a nice view from the room of the bay, and the location was very convenient to the airport and restaurants. Our only complaint pertains to the young lady who obviously hates her job as a bartender. On our night of arrival we went to the lobby bar, and the bartender (who was seen sitting down behind the bar texting on her cell phone) was obviously annoyed to have a customer. I would have no problems stating here again, but will avoid their bar area.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor room overlooking the bay.
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Lodi-grape-picker
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have stayed at this Courtyard several times and have never been disappointed. They have a well trained staff - from the maintenance to the front desk - always helpful and friendly.The most recent stay was Thanksgiving, and unfortunately we had an unexpected death in the family while we were there. We needed to checkout, go home and returned within 2 days. The staff was wonderful to us - made sure we had everything we needed upon our return, including giving us a wonderful rate for our extended stay. The cafe remained opened longer than usual for us to get a bite to eat. The location is good - close to shopping and restaurants. This is the only place we will stay when we are visiting relatives in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tigerjagmom
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was the second time I stayed at this particular Courtyard, and while my first visit was better, this one would likely prevent me from returning. First, I'd like to say that the staff at this hotel is wonderful. They are friendly, welcoming, and are eager to assist.

Here were some of my issues:

1. The wifi was spotty and wouldn't connect at all on the third night. I was in town on business and needed the wifi to work. They know that there are areas of the building where wifi works better than others because they mentioned this to my colleague. I ended up having to use my cellular hotspot. I'd rather pay for wifi in the hotel and have it work than have the frustration of non-working wifi.

2. During this trip, they only had a two queen bed room available. In this setup, the bed faces the wall where there is a smoke detector that has green flashing lights that blink all day and night. This may not bother everyone, but I had to go to great lengths to solve this problem. The front-desk clerk indicated that it was a common complaint too. The lights blink through bandaids and I finally had to drape 3 hand towels over top of it until I couldn't see them any more. I didn't have this experience in the King room because the bed faces the window instead of the wall.

3. There was no television channel guide. This seems small but can be incredibly frustrating when you are staying somewhere unfamillair for three nights. Of course, you can ultimately get one, but isn't it easier on the guest to have one already in the room?

4. When I returned to my room one evening, my window was open. It was incredibly foggy outside and the room was moist. It was a small mistake by housekeeping, but added to an already less than stellar experience.

Of course there are always warm cookies and coffee available and this hotel was clean and nice. I would still return but would want some of these issues resolved (especially the wifi)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shayes915
gmpensacola, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Pensacola, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hello my name is Joshua Trawick, the Assistant General Manager here at the Pensacola Courtyard by Marriott. I see the review you left for my Hotel and I am truly sorry about this inconvenience that occurred during your last stay with us.
After reading this review I took a moment to go into one of our 2 double bed rooms and did not see the fire alarm light that you mentioned in this review. To help me make improvements for future guest, would you be so kind as to let me know which room number you stayed in? This way I can have my maintenance person make changes to the place setting of the alarm.
As for the Internet I am very sorry about this issue, we have been going through vigorous changes and improvements in regards to our internet service. Over the past few months we have made much progress with speed upgrades but unfortunately it seems there are still some knots to work out in the system and I am sorry again that you had to face this progress delay.
In the recent months we have upgraded our Cox Communications service to HD Television, so the channels on our originally TV channel guide have changed. We have just recently received our new TV channel guides for the in room Guest Directory’s. We have been working to replace all the old channel guides to prevent dilemmas for the guest such as you.
Thank you for the compliment on our staff service, I read the review during one of our staff meetings and it made a lot of people smile to know that the little things they keep doing for the guest have been noticed.
I want to thank you for staying with us both times that you have come to the Pensacola area, I know this last stay has left you a bit upset and all I can do is say that I am sorry and moving forward I am trying my hardest to make improvements throughout the hotel in regards to the Internet and the room arrangements.
I hope to hear from you as soon as possible so I can begin making improvements to the room that you last stayed in.

Joshua A. Trawick
Assistant General Manager
Courtyard by Marriott
Pensacola, FL
451 Creighton Rd
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've been traveling to Pensacola for almost 8 years and I must say this hotel is the best in Pensacola. Occasionally I stay at other hotels in the area just to check out other options, but I always end up returning to this hotel. The staff is great, the management is truly professional (they even remembered my name after 12 months!), and the rooms and hotel are always immaculate. The recent renovation gives the hotel such a clean, lively and fresh attitude. I highly recommend this hotel for any travelers to the Pensacola area - especially business types!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I made a road trip from Miami to San Antonio, my first stop was in Pensacola I stayed in the Courtyard because I'm a gold reward member with Marriott. And I was greatly surprised by this one (I stayed in Beaumont Texas for my second stop in a Courtyard as well but not nearly as good) All the courtyard layouts are the same, but this one was super clean, looked almost new and the bed was great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo