“DRIVE ON BY”

Ranked #49 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Cedar Rapids
“DRIVE ON BY”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Though the hotel's pet-friendly don't stay here. It's dirty and outdated. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful but the hotel isn't worth it. I had an old towel hanging on my bathroom door, the shower-head was mounted for someone 5 ft. tall and under and there was water on the bathroom floor . A very loud, electric generator was above our top floor room so it was difficult to sleep.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Center, TX
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Carpet and furnishings were worn, but seemed clean. The bed was very comfortable and clean. Bathroom was clean and well equipped. We saw no sign of mold mentioned in another review, although we didn't stay around the property much. It was a good stay overall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Pembroke Pines, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Check in was a breeze. Parking for the room right outside your room if you get back to the hotel early, otherwise you have to park far and walk to room. Havinga Denny's with in walking distance is a plus, hotel's continental breakfest was not bad but not hot! Priced right, comfortable and clean, beds were comfy and conviniently located next to major highways and restaurants. Overall satisfied with the room and it's cleanlyness La Quinta is stepping it up, not bad guys!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Javier C
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had a very nice stay, the beds were comfortable. Located very close to amenities such as grocery stores, gas stations and a newly re-modeled mall. Very close to University of West Florida campus if you are visiting a student there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We are big fans of La Quinta and have stayed at quite a few. We were very disappointed in this one. Facility in awful condition, very outdated, carpets stained, dilapidated furnishings, unpleasant smell. All rooms open to the outside, and the place is like a maze. Check-in staff not at all helpful or friendly, should have provided a map of the hotel to show us where our room and elevator were. Took us about 10 minutes to figure out where we needed to be. The only reason I didn't give this hotel a one rating is that it is still dog friendly (like all La Quintas), and the bedding and bathroom were reasonably clean. La Quinta needs to get rid of this one... it will do nothing but hurt the brand.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I booked this hotel through an I-90 website for Airline employees. When I arrived and checked in the front desk informed me that I had booked through Expedian. When I arrived at the room I receive a call from the front desk asking me if everything was okay with my room, I informed the young man everything seem to be well. I was traveling with my two shih-tzu, by the time i was able to put all my belongings in the room, my sinus starting draining and tears came to my eyes. I looked around the room and realized the room was full of MOLD, I then called downstairs and asked if there was anyway they would be kind enough to switch my room since I was in tears from the MOLD in the room. The young man at the front desk clearly and very upset informed me that when he called I stated that everything seemed to be fine, and now that I had been in the room for about 35 minutes with my dogs the room was already dirty and he could not change my room, however he could send some spray for the odor. When the spary arrived it was cleaning spray!!! I was traveling alone with my two doggies and it was already getting dark, At that point my decision to stay was purely out of security since I was afraid to leave because I don't know the area and I was traveling alone with doggies if that had not been the case I would have left and found a cleaner and better hotel. I hope I can post pictures of the MOLD AND MORE MOLD AND VOMIT that was in the room. For ALL Airline employees STAY AWAY, and for anyone who is traveling solo with doggies do your research and give yourself options. I would never stay in this LA QUINTA AGAIN. and YOU SHOULDN'T NEITHER! I was only there for a short overnight Thank GOD. and again I ONLY stayed because I am a solo female traveling alone with two doggies and it was dark.

Room Tip: look first before booking and paying for your room. Especially if your booking through other sites...