“No pet fee here”

La Quinta Inn Pensacola
Ranked #50 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed October 14, 2013

There are not any pet friendly motels in this area and we wanted to go to the Air and Naval Museum so we stayed here a had to travel a bit. The room was clean and staff were very nice. It is a good choice if you are traveling with your 4 legged friend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Pensacola

A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was a little disappointed in the breakfast service. When I have stayed in California they have a dedicated person to the breakfast area and at this hotel the reservation person was responsible. The tables did not get cleaned after each guest and I had to ask for napkins bagels etc. The cleaning people were friendly and well trained with a good morning, how are you today etc.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very friendly employees attempting to make an outdated property work. Something else LQ needs to improve is their breakfast offering, the guy in their commercials that "brings home the bacon" after a business trip didn't get it at an LQ.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The motel is not a typical la Quinta. The room had a very strong musty smell and was in poor condition. The bathroom was dirty. My wife and I decided to leave. For $15 more a night we stayed at the Hampton which was terrific.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank gjw007
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I checked in late at night and was greeted by a friendly desk clerk and had a speedy check in. They room was great and I was very pleased with all aspects of my stay. The breakfast was okay but pretty basic.

Room Tip: Get an inside room if possible as it will be quieter than the outside ones
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed here during a road trip because we wanted to have dinner with a cousin who lives in Pensacola. We were traveling with our cats, and the other hotels had large, non-refundable pet deposits. La Quinta doesn't do that, and that's the best we can say about the Pensacola La Quinta. The room smelled musty, and wasn't particularly clean. The bed was comfortable, at least. Breakfast offered very few choices, and the traffic pattern to get food was terrible. We hope to see the cousin again, but will try HARD to find a different place to stay.

Room Tip: With a room on the first floor, you only have to go up the VERY DIRTY staircase to get ice. The stai...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have been to several La Quinta Inns and have been pleased that some are implementing "green" practices and a no smoking policy hotel wide...and they are pet friendly. So this has been my hotel of choice lately. Well,....not in Pensacola. We arrived around 9PM and had a room on the second floor. The first thing I noticed when we entered the room was that it reeked of mold. Not just a sligh scent...it reeked. I pulled back the sheets on one of the beds and there was a hair on it. Yes,...the hair you are thinking. I entered the bathroom and it smelled funny so I pulled back the shower curtain. Not only was the tub stained, but it smelled like rotten, cheesy feet. It was so gross I gagged. As I surveyed the room, I noticed a softball size hole in the baseboard on one of the walls...big enough for a small animal to fit in. After 14 hours of driving across the country, I packed all my gear and paid $160 more to go to the Marriot 1.7 miles away. The room there was $60 more per night and had a $100 non-refundable pet fee. When they heard how bad my room was at La Quinta, they comped half of the pet fee. The only redeeming thing about La Quinta is that they responded to our email regarding the room within 24 hours and gave us enough points for a free stay.
La Quinta really needs to step up to the plate and set some minimum standards for their hotels.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here. Go to Marriot down the road.