“Fine in a "You get what you pay for!" kind of way.”

La Quinta Inn Pensacola
Ranked #51 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stay at La Quinta when I travel with my dog. I appreciate that I can do that. The room was a little more than I felt it was worth but I did not have to pay extra for the dog and a light breakfast was included.

The beds were comfortable, plenty of bedding & pillows. Bathroom area was clean although the light over the sink did not work.

The room was very clean apart from the carpet. I don't believe the carpet was actually dirty - but it was worn and had a couple of large stains. I kept my flip-flops on the entire time! TV was a nice model & the room had microwave & refrigerator. Room doors open to the outside.

Front desk were helpful & friendly. Breakfast was uninspiring - but the breakfast area was clean and serviceable. There is a Denny's restaurant immediately next door. The property was generally clean & tidy although lighting in the parking lot could have been a little better.

Generally an "OK" experience.

(Stayed in room 323, it was very quiet the night I was there. Elevator is very slow!)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lcsnorton

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed overnight on business and arrived late in the evening to a not quite clean room (dirty towels in bathroom) and front desk in need of more training.
It's ok if you need a basic place to stay-

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MKbusinesscoach
Reviewed April 9, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank TTronEnt
Reviewed March 25, 2013

A good solid well-valued hotel. The reservations were accurate, the staff friendly, the rooms clean with a really solid 37" HDTV with crisp clear reception. The hotel is of the old-school LaQuinta cinder block construction and is quiet (and I am a light sleeper) and grounds are well taken care of although there really isn't many grounds to speak of.

The two areas of improvement are that the room towels are poor - period. I'm glad I brought my own. The second area of improvement is the breakfast - it's a bare bones meal. The Denny's next door or the Waffle House across the street are a better value. In all the LaQuinta's (in probably 20 states) I've stayed at, these two areas are well below average - I also mentioned this in my survey to LQ.

Still for the price, friendly staff, good location and a pet-friendly hotel - this is a hard hotel to say no to.

Room Tip: The first floor worked great for me!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank RoadCorgi
Reviewed March 21, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lyn b
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Avoid if you can. We had to stay here after the other hotel we booked, over booked and we got there to late.
This hotel was not the cleanest, toilet would not stop running-even after I tried to fix myself. ( no one on staff to fix late that night). Old and run down. Breakfast was poor also. I don't usually slam a review but this one needs to be. Sorry.

Room Tip: Go some where else.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I was on a 2 week trip. We stayed in 15 hotels in 17 days and we tried to find La Quinta hotels they always have nice beds and pillows. They are the only hotels that have smoking rooms down stairs. They always have the same reasonable prices. The staff has always been pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple