“One Night”

Ranked #40 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
San Diego, California
“One Night”
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I enjoyed it. I was with Dan and it was a quick walk from base. Easy to get to.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dallas
Reviewed June 12, 2010

We pulled up around 8 in the evening. There were so many people walking around in the parking lot. Two men were grilling in the parking lot on the bed of their truck. Several were outside their rooms smoking cigars/cigarettes over the balcony. We checked in and went to the room to unload our stuff. The room smelled heavily of smoke. The bathroom smelled strongly of urine and behind the bathroom door the wall looked as if some one had urinated on it. There were ashes all over the bathroom floor. The tub looked like it had once or something in it had been on fire. The bottom of it had several blackened stains. I showered with my shoes on.

The high-speed internet was a joke. I stayed in a room midway between the office and the end of the building and only received one bar that worked for 5 minutes. We told the front desk and they reset the internet connection. It was then that it stated I had to have a password to connect. I spent about 10 minutes with the front desk girl trying to explain to her that there indeed was a password. She denied it up and down. I asked to see the router myself. I went up stairs got the code and then logged on. There wasn't an apology that it indeed needed a password or the fact that she had no idea what she was talking about. I slept on top of the covers with my personal blankets and pillow to avoid using their bedding. I kept thinking at any moment I was going to find drugs or needles.

I was so disgusted with the room, but when we checked in they gave us a paper stating that they will not refund you anything after 15 minutes of check in. When I got there I had driven 12 hours and was exhausted. I had to run to Corry Base to pick up a few things. So then 15 minutes had passed before I read that note. When I first checked in I thought it wasn’t going to be that bad. I wish I would have checked immediately out and checked in somewhere else. I would not recommend staying at this place. We had heard good reviews from other Navy Moms, but I am unsure on what “good’ they saw of it. It was literally the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed June 2010

Travelers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed August 16, 2009

This is one of the best deals in the country for the price and add to that the fact that the rooms are so clean and sanitary and you have the best deal you could ask for at a budget price (about about $60.00). I am a stickler for cleanliness and usually don't stay at economy hotels because they are not always very clean, but this one was a pleasant surprise. My travel club suggested it and when they said Super Eight, I had my reservations but it was what they recommended for me as the closest to the Naval Air Station so I took it.

The customer service was incredible. When I called about the air conditioning they suggested another room and helped me move. Both the manager and the housekeeper helped me move to another room. Now that is customer service at its finest. Rarely will you not have a problem with a room you are assigned, so the question is how the hotel handles your complaint. Well, my complaint with the air conditioning system was handled impeccably and when they offered to move my luggage for me I was most impressed. The housekeeper assisted the manager and even brought in extra towels to my newly assigned room which was right above the pool.

The rooms are large with a sofa and coffee table. There is a compter desk and all have microwaves with a fridge. The bathroom area is large and very clean and sanitary from the toilet to the floor.

The manager provided me with his card after I asked for directions at check out and when I got lost I was able to call the hotel for directions. Additionally, they provided directions to the property when I arrived in town and called them from my cell phone.

Do not judge this book by it's cover and you will be pleasantly surprised by the rooms and the service.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for one night on my way to New Orleans. I had picked this hotel only because it was free and I didn't want to be tired by the time I reached New Orleans. I got this room free through the "Best Rate Guarantee" through Choice hotels. When I got there and checked in, the manager was the person behind the front desk. He first told me that it wasn't free because they didn't participate in that program. I showed him the printout from Choice showing that the rate was free. After debating with me for a few minutes, I said to just give me a minute to call the 1-800 number for Super 8. After saying this, he said that he would do it this time, but he didn't think he was supposed to do it.

Eventhough it was free, they still wanted a credit card authorization and a copy of my drivers license. I had no problem with that request. He put a $50 hold on my card for a one night stay. A little excessive, but okay. However when he made a copy of my ID, he left it in the copier. I didn't realize it when it happened. After checking in, I decided to put my stuff in the room and go to dinner. I was gone for approximately 2 hours and when I returned it was 8 or 9 that night. I had a message waiting. When I called the front desk, they told me that they had my ID.

I told them I would come to get it and they said okay. I got to the desk and they asked me where it was. Like I should know what they did with it. The guy on duty called I assume the manager. Ever who it was told him it was in the safe in which he didn't have access. I was told I would have to wait till morning. That was fine because I was going to sleep anyway. I did get it the next morning with no apology or anything.

As far as the rooms go, they were well worn, semi-dirty and the beds were flat and uncomfortable. I stayed in a king room which also had a sofa. It did have a fridge and microwave. It did have high speed internet that so I could use my laptop. I can't complain too much because it was free. I wouldn't suggest staying here though because there were alot of seedy people hanging around the outside of their rooms. Thank goodness for Excedrin PM because it finally knocked me out, because if not, the noise from these guys would have kept me awake all night. I would never consider staying there again.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank pcbtmmgr
K.C. Missouri
Reviewed May 4, 2008

I booked my stay over the phone and was told that my rate would be $488 for my 6 night stay. When I checked in at the desk I thought it was odd that the clerk kept swiping my card. I thought maybe there was something wrong with their terminal but I was tired and went to my room and slept. I'm glad I had the idea to check my bank info online the next morning. They had asked for authorizations for $522 three times, $79, and $269! Over $1900 was being held on my account! When I approached the manager about it, he never would admit there was an error and never tried to apologize. I checked out and relocated that day! I had to contact my bank to get all the charges reversed and was told by my bank that the hotel had already tried to run my info 5 more times! Quite underhanded and devious if you ask me. I realize I was looking for a bargain but this didn't end up being one. Also the "Continental Breakfast" was a basket of cellophane wrapped muffins and a juice dispenser just for further information! I wouldn't recommend this place at all!

• Liked — What I liked best about the accommodation was checking out.
  • Disliked — What I least liked about the accommodation was the staff and over all customer service.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank j-mac86
Sherman, IL
Reviewed March 28, 2008

I spent the night here with a friend to save an hours drive for an early flight. (Before I go on, let me explain that I have probably stayed at at least a half dozen Super 8's in the last year.) We had a terrible time finding the motel for some reason. It was like we could see it, but couldn't figure out how to get to it because of the most confusing road system nearby. When we finally found it, our first thought was to look for hookers and their Johns entering nearby rooms. Had either one of us come to this hotel alone, we agreed that we would have slept in the airport instead. I still probably would have slept better in the airport. The clientelle left much to be desired. The neighborhood behind the hotel was not good. The people walking through the parking lot were seedy. I did not feel safe here for one minute. The carpeting was ripped up from the floor at the bathroom door. The bathroom had stains on the walls and doors that I tried not to think about. The bedspread had a stain on the inside the size of a salad plate... gee, what could it be?? Had I brought a black light into the room, it would have turned and ran. I should have. All I can say is keep on driving.

• Liked — Seeing it in my rearview mirror
  • Disliked — I just can't choose one
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jackie S
Iowa
Reviewed March 31, 2007

Nice clean, large room with microwave and refrig. Good wireless internet. Hotel automatically added $1 (plus taxes) safe rental per night even though we didn't use it. Free "Daybreak Breakfast" was a refrigerator and coffee machine in the lobby with no place to sit and eat. Hotel is right off very busy street, so some rooms have quite a bit of street noise. Room seemed to be a bit overpriced, though fairly consistent with area.

• Liked — Convenient to restaurants
  • Disliked — No breakfast facilities
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank 5tries