“Worst I've EVER experienced!”

Super 8 Pensacola N.A.S. Corry
Ranked #41 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
K.C. Missouri
“Worst I've EVER experienced!”
Reviewed May 4, 2008

I booked my stay over the phone and was told that my rate would be $488 for my 6 night stay. When I checked in at the desk I thought it was odd that the clerk kept swiping my card. I thought maybe there was something wrong with their terminal but I was tired and went to my room and slept. I'm glad I had the idea to check my bank info online the next morning. They had asked for authorizations for $522 three times, $79, and $269! Over $1900 was being held on my account! When I approached the manager about it, he never would admit there was an error and never tried to apologize. I checked out and relocated that day! I had to contact my bank to get all the charges reversed and was told by my bank that the hotel had already tried to run my info 5 more times! Quite underhanded and devious if you ask me. I realize I was looking for a bargain but this didn't end up being one. Also the "Continental Breakfast" was a basket of cellophane wrapped muffins and a juice dispenser just for further information! I wouldn't recommend this place at all!

• Liked — What I liked best about the accommodation was checking out.
  • Disliked — What I least liked about the accommodation was the staff and over all customer service.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank j-mac86

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sherman, IL
Reviewed March 28, 2008

I spent the night here with a friend to save an hours drive for an early flight. (Before I go on, let me explain that I have probably stayed at at least a half dozen Super 8's in the last year.) We had a terrible time finding the motel for some reason. It was like we could see it, but couldn't figure out how to get to it because of the most confusing road system nearby. When we finally found it, our first thought was to look for hookers and their Johns entering nearby rooms. Had either one of us come to this hotel alone, we agreed that we would have slept in the airport instead. I still probably would have slept better in the airport. The clientelle left much to be desired. The neighborhood behind the hotel was not good. The people walking through the parking lot were seedy. I did not feel safe here for one minute. The carpeting was ripped up from the floor at the bathroom door. The bathroom had stains on the walls and doors that I tried not to think about. The bedspread had a stain on the inside the size of a salad plate... gee, what could it be?? Had I brought a black light into the room, it would have turned and ran. I should have. All I can say is keep on driving.

• Liked — Seeing it in my rearview mirror
  • Disliked — I just can't choose one
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jackie S

Travelers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Iowa
Reviewed March 31, 2007

Nice clean, large room with microwave and refrig. Good wireless internet. Hotel automatically added $1 (plus taxes) safe rental per night even though we didn't use it. Free "Daybreak Breakfast" was a refrigerator and coffee machine in the lobby with no place to sit and eat. Hotel is right off very busy street, so some rooms have quite a bit of street noise. Room seemed to be a bit overpriced, though fairly consistent with area.

• Liked — Convenient to restaurants
  • Disliked — No breakfast facilities
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank 5tries