“Wonderful Couples Getaway!”

Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed in Pensacola for our Wedding Anniversary and weren't sure where to stay so this was a last minute choice, but we could not have been more pleased! I cannot think of enough good things to stay about the hotel. Food was delicious, staff very pleasant and helpful, room very clean and housekeeping did an awesome job cleaning while we were out during the day. A feature we especially loved was the gas fireplace in the room that actually worked - great for romantic evenings! The laundry room washers and dryers was very clean. The hotel is very centrally located in the bay area. Great for taking walks along the bay or to the downtown area and sampling some of the local restaurants. Also, close enough to the bridge that takes you to the Pensacola Beach area that is is an easy drive.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side better to get to your car and the parking lot and avoid the entry / front are...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Well, TripAdvisor fans, here is another great place to stay. it's not too far from the Naval base, Malls, Shopping and beaches. I know it is in the downtown area, but it is also close to interstate I110. We checked on the evening of October 13, 2013 and was with great Hospitality, a warm smile, and bottled water. The place was clean inside and out. We received our room keys and off we went. Went up to our room to find it refreshing and very clean. I like the idea of having a separate shower and commode from the sink and bedroom area. The decor was nice too. The little kitchen was an added bonus with a full size fridge. The water was very hot and plenty of towels which were also fresh and clean. The bed was excellent and made for a great night sleep after a long drive in. Up early for the breakfast and to our surprise, the food was freshly cooked. Eggs, bacon, grits, oatmeal, toast, belgian waffles, teas, water, juices, fruits, yogurts and a few other assortments. The staff was very happy and pleasant to help us with anything we and the other guests needed. There are restaurants directly across the street and a water front in walking distance. A definite recommend for a stay. Business, family, or even a romantic getaway. I will definitely come back to stay at this hotel. Thank you Residence Inn Management for offering a great atmosphere to be in. Check it out. If you have any specific questions, get in touch through tripadvisor. I will tell you the truth, either good, bad, or indifferent. Give them a try.

Room Tip: Pick any room on any floor except by the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great staff and centrally located in Pensacola. Many good restaurants within in walking distance. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Breakfast very good as well. Nice pool and very nice grounds. 15minutes from airport, easy.

Room Tip: King audio, single room, better than room that has two rooms. My room had a fireplace.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bob W
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Large comfortable room very clean very good condition. Was not bothered by housekeeping when I put the "do not disturb" sign on my door most days...I don't need my bed made every day. Also the comp breakfast was even served Sat & Sun...grits every day which is great if you love grits like I do. Light dinner also M-F with a beer to drink. Worked out great for 2-week stay. Close to downtown, close to bay bridge.

Room Tip: I preferred the room I had at end of the hall...X28. Seemed roomier than other rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank masstester
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed one night at this property during a business trip. The property is located in downtown Pensacola, very convenient to the interstate, beautiful Pensacola Beach and other attractions. Restaurants are within walking distance, but shopping requires a drive.

I reserved a king room and was not disappointed. Check-in was friendly and fast. My room was very clean and comfortable. I appreciated the Platinum arrival gift, along with the Platinum reward. Thank you.

The staff stood out as VERY friendly and helpful This is nice after a long day on the road.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel met my expectations and is what I expect for a Residence Inn. Our 1BR suite was booked as a last minute reward stay. While the location is certainly not the most convenient to area beaches, it suited our needs. Our room was very clean, the room quiet, the bed was comfortable, and a full kitchen is always appreciated. The hotel was convenient to several restaurants, located just a block from the bay, and offered a daily breakfast buffet. A couple of minor shortcomings: housekeeping staff members were the friendliest and most welcoming employees on the property (in contrast to those at the front desk), and the breakfast buffet could benefit from additional assistance (e.g., items frequently in need of replenishing, tables never wiped clean between parties, had to always ask for items such as waffle batter). Overall, I would return again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The downtown location was perfect for us, and we enjoyed a very nice room with kitchen, seating area, king bed, and bath. Breakfast was very nice as well. We plan to return to Pensacola and will definitely stay at this property again.

BTW, the bed was terrific. Extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Pensacola Grand Hotel
Pensacola Grand Hotel
#12 of 65 in Pensacola
Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pe...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola / I-10 Pine Forest Road
Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown

Been to Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown? Share your experiences!