“Very Comfortable Bed” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Monterey, California
“Very Comfortable Bed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with an old friend to hang out in the city. First let me say the area of this hotel is great. It is located across the street from some restaurants and is a $6 cab ride to downtown. When I checked in the hotel staff were extremly nice and accomodating. I asked for a room away from children and I did not see or hear one until breakfast. The room I reserved was a one bedroom. The price was very reasonable. The rooms were okay but kind of small for a Residence Inn. There were some cracks here and there where you can tell the place is a little dated. But I have stayed at numerous Residence Inns and I must admit this one had the most comfortable bed...maybe the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in of any place! Breakfast the next morning was pretty good. There was a wide variety of food and the staff was very friendly. All in all this was a comfortable, quiet, relaxing place and I would definitely recommend this
place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your kind words especially about our staff. Also thank for commenting on our wonderful Jameson beds. We were renovated two years ago and we have just completed a pool and patio renovation. I hope that when the weather gets warmer, you will come back and enjoy our beautiful outdoor area.
Paul Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Employees are wonderful, upgraded us to bigger room so it would be more comfortable for my family.beds are very comfortable, view is beautiful. Dinner was very good and breakfast is best I have seen. Nice grill out by pool and restaurants a Ross the street. Location is great. Highly recommend!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Kathy:
Wow...thanks for giving us 5 out of 5! Its nice to know our hard work pays off. As you noted about our grill ( and fire pit, now) our outdoor renovations are complete. There is much more room to relax next to our pool. Weather is getting nicer, hope you will come back soon.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The evening hot food was spectacular, not typical Residence Inn fare. Very hearty hot food, the Hostess was delightful and offered good company as well as service. The room was very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room at a residence inn.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Joe:
Thank you for your glowing report about June and our Evening Social. We offer tasty treats Monday - Thursday and June adds her southern spice and warm hospitality. Thanks for taking note! I hope you will come back and see our newly renovated pool and patio area.
Jacksonville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have stayed here many times for work. When it was first renovated it was a amazing. I loved the seperate kitchen, living and bedrooms as it reminds me more of home away from home. My last few times I have stayed there I have had to change rooms multiple times. Some of the rooms are moldy and on my last stay my sheets had a strong smell of body odor. Since the sheets are only washed once a week it made me wonder if they were changing the sheets between visitor stays. I know other coworkers who have made the same comments. It is such a shame as the rooms are so beautifully designed.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower to mid floor. Moldy rooms tend to be on the top floor. Ask for clean sheets. Other...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. The comfort of our guests is our number one priority. I have done an inspection of all our rooms and we have taken steps with a comprehensive caulking program to deal with the issue that you mentioned. Marriott has set the standard in bed linen cleanliness. All sheets (including the decorative top sheet) are thoroughly cleaned after every guest. During a guests stay, the sheets are changed every other day, unless the guest requests more frequent changes. If your travel plans bring you back to Pensacola, please call me directly and I would like to change your last impression of our wonderful property. Also, please come and see our newly renovated pool and patio area. I look forward to hearing from you!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were well accommodated.The staff were both friendly and helpful.The rooms were comfortable.We had an issue with the a/c heating unit.They moved us to an " Up graded room "with a fire place,at no additional cost.Breakfast was part of the plan,and it was very tasty.Marriott,never seems to fail.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay,on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for letting us “get it right”! Our staff is trained to put our guests comfort first. I have shared your comments with our front desk associates and breakfast hostesses. Thanks for choosing Marriott!
Saratoga Springs NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

With the exception of a noisy refridgerator motor that kept us awake, this was a very pleasant expeience. It is located on the edge of the Pensacola Historical District, which we walked through on our way to the fabulous mardi gras parade downtown, about 1/2 mike or so from the hotel. Room was spacious and clean and the breakfast was yummy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the heads up about the refrigerator, we have replaced four motors, and they all seem to be purring along. I hope you don’t mind that I shared your comment about the friendliness of our staff. At the Residence Inn, we pride ourselves on treating our guests like they are guests in our own homes. I guess we got it right! Please don’t wait until next Mardi Gras to come see us, beachtime is just around the corner.
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had a great stay at the Residence Inn in Pensacola -- we were there for the Jimmy Buffett concert and a little R&R. It's location is very neat -- lots of parks around to take long walks and just a street over is the bay. You are within walking distance to the Civic Center and to McGuire's Irish Pub, Carraba's and a few more restaurants. The room was great!!! Kitchen area with table, equipped with coffee and essentials. The bath area was nice and had Paul Mitchell products...very clean as well. One thing I absolutely loved -- there was no governor on the thermostat!!!! That was fantastic! It seems so many hotels are now putting governors on the controls and it never gets cool enough to sleep comfortably. No here...we got to control our temperature. Yay! We had a fireplace in the room, but couldn't get it to work...The breakfast was ok...it needs a little work...seems like some of the food might be frozen and not fresh. The staff couldn't have been any nicer! They were friendly and remembered our names when coming and going -- that means a lot. I would definitely stay here again when in Pensacola...no need to look for a different place -- loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room without the mechanical column going through it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We loved having all of the “parrotheads” in our hotel. What a great evening for downtown Pensacola. Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and its cleanliness. We have taken steps to upgrade our breakfast: including fresh fruit options, home-made parfaits and a nice warm crock of homemade oatmeal with all the toppings. Daily we make fresh made scrambled eggs and either sausage or bacon. I hope you won’t wait until the next concert, come on down and enjoy breakfast on our newly renovated patio area.
Paul Martin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Pensacola Grand Hotel
Pensacola Grand Hotel
#12 of 63 in Pensacola
Courtyard Pensacola Downtown
Courtyard Pensacola Downtown
#22 of 63 in Pensacola
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola / I-10 Pine Forest Road
Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport

Been to Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown? Share your experiences!