“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
richmond, va
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My dad and I stayed at the Residence Inn for two nights. We had never been to Pensacola but I had read that the Residence Inn was close to restaurants and the airport. I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. It included complimentary breakfast which was really good (eggs, yogurt parfait, sausage, biscuits, etc). We stayed in a one bedroom with pullout couch. The linens for the pullout couch were in a zip up bag which made me feel there were just cleaned. Our room was quite nice. One night the air conditioning went out, but they had someone come up within a few minutes to fix it. The location is great! There is an Outback restaurant and brazilian restaurant right across the street and then behind that there is an Irish Pub. The downtown area is within walking distance (about 10 min) or a 6 minute drive. There was a Friday Arts Festival while we were there so we drove the few minutes and enjoy the local art/music. All in all, very impressed with the property and again, can't beat the price for the location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stacy N
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Hi Stacy...thanks for you kind words about our hotel, its location and wonderful breakfast. Also thumbs up to the maintenance department for fixing your air conditioning in such a timely manner. Pensacola has many wonderful arts gatherings as you experienced during your visit. November 2-4th the Greater Gulfcoast Arts Festival will be happening about a mile from our property. I hope you can make it back for this wonderful celebration of culture on the Emerald Coast....We look forward to welcoming you back....warmest regards!
Paul Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had a six night stay here while on business at Pensacola Naval Air Station. I was a little concerned that it might be too long of a drive, but it wasn't. Traffic was not bad at all and easily made the trip within 20 minutes.
The hotel is great! The staff is courteous and efficient. The rooms are updated and comfortable. The location is very convenient to the commercial airport, restaurants, convention center, and the beach. Breakfast was fantastic - certainly the best I've had at a Residence Inn.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank 48traveler
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is really a nice place to stay! Modern, spacious and very clean appartments. Staff very friendly and helpfull at all times. Housekeeping outstanding.Location perfect to visit Pensacola village and Pensacola Beach (located close to the bridge.) Complimentary breakfast was more than ok, and even a bigger surprise was that practically every evening they serve a free meal/snack and beverages in the breakfastarea/lobby. Everybody enjoyed that very much. If we ever visit Pensacola again, we will be staying in this hotel!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed here for three days of business. The rooms were a good size. Everything was basically new and updated. The bathroom tube area could have used more lighting. The staff was very responsive to a door-lock issue. The bed was very comfortable! And the breakfasts were good, they always had protein which is important for my pathetic attempts to be on the Caveman diet.

Very close to the Cardosa shopping mall and historic downtown. Reasonable price.

Room Tip: I was very happy on the second floor near the elevators. Though if you like to sleep in, being next...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed here in July of 2012. Loved it. Staff was the friendliest I've ever seen in a hotel. All staff spoke to us, every time they saw us. I've never come across that before! Alex, at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Our room and the hotel were very clean, enjoyed the pool only once, it was nice (spent a lot of time at the beach). Breakfast was good, my only complaint would have been to put more choices out for breakfast. More hot choices, but everything we had was very good. This hotel is in a great location, close to good food and beaches. Also, the Hotel Manager was very nice and seemed to be very attentive to the guests.

Room Tip: Room overlooking pool, separate bedroom suite is great. Lots of room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Milan, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had a group of 28 with our church youth group, and stayed 4 nights. This is the second year I have travelled with this group and stayed at this hotel. The staff is always friendly, the rooms, halls, eating areas, are always clean. The breakfast is great! As bus driver, I needed a quiet, comfortable room, and that is what I have had both years. My only issue was the pillows, which were too soft for me.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow, if possible
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Excellent customer service. If you don't need to stay on the island the location is right near the bridge to get there. Nice outdoor grill and basketball court. Speedy check in.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback in reference to your hotel stay with us. I wanted to personally apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. This is not the kind of customer service we are accustomed to providing and I would greatly appreciate it if you wouldn't mind giving me a call to discuss this further. We take pride in taking care of our Marriott Rewards members and I will be handling this situation accordingly. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Best Regards,
Christy Dixon
850-432-0202 x503
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Pensacola Grand Hotel
#23 of 61 in Pensacola
4.0 of 5 stars 142 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
5.0 of 5 stars 819 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola / I-10 Pine Forest Road
Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown

Been to Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown? Share your experiences!