“Bitten By Bedbugs”

Ranked #59 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
RACINE WI
“Bitten By Bedbugs”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

On 03/02/2012 stayed one night in room 105. By about 4 PM the next day I was itching all over my back and upper arms, the bedbug bites were so numerous that my skin was bright red in pancake size blotches.
Besides the bedbugs there were other problems. It seems they rent rooms on a weekly or maybe monthly basis, these long term residents were partying to loud music in the parking lot at 2 AM keeping us awake. The young lady clerk at checkin was about as unfriendly as they come, she acted like I was bothering her.
Needles to say I would not recomend this place to an enemy.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank REG C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Nothing fancy, but quiet, reasonably clean, and cheap. Everything worked, no problems. A good restaurant right next door. I will probably stay there again next time I am in town.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank willwillwill
Milton
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Our stay started off well, but soon turned down hill. One light in the room worked. Toilet backed up. When it did, the maintenance man did come and get it unstopped. The room came with 3 towels. There were 4 of us in the room. When we asked for an extra we were given one and told there would not be another. When the toilet overflowed, I used the 4 towels and hand towels to clean up the mess. The lady at the front desk refused to give us more clean towels, have someone disinfect the bathroom floor, and could not give us another room. We checked in at 3:00 p.m. and left at 9:00 p.m. They refused to give us our money back and come to find out, they charged my account once and my husbands account as well. We had planned on staying 2 days. He was going to pay for one and me the other. So far our issue has not been resolved.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mommy_me16
Pensacola, FL
Reviewed September 27, 2009

It was pouring rain and we needed a place for us and our two little dogs. Entered the room and was greeted by the stench of mildew. Unpacked, but no place to hang clothes. Room was filthy and in disrepair, but we had no choice but to stay. The bedsheets were actually damp. The worst surprise was the bed frame that was sticking out. I caught my leg on this trap and severely cut my leg. Before I had a chance to warn my wife, she also hit her leg on the frame. Luckily she was not injured. Management did provide a first aid kit and my wife patched me up as best she could. The employee got on the floor and pushed the frame back in place. He could not explain why the edge was so sharp, why it was sticking out, nor why the maid didn't report the danger. I spent a sleepless night. The next day my wife drove me to the emergency hospital where my leg was stiched up.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank InjuredPensacola_FL
Kansas City, Mo
Reviewed July 20, 2009

My wife and I were on our way to Navarre Beach for our wedding, we drove from Kansas City a day early so that we could take care of a few errands. After driving for 16 hours straight both of us were exhausted, and we pulled off the highway to find a cheap hotel just to stay for the night. We drove by the Palm Inn and saw a sign for $39 a night and decided to pull in. The outside didn't look bad and neither did the office but when we got to our room it was a completely different story. Paint was peeling off the walls, I actually felt dirtier after taking a shower. We were there a total of 30 minutes and packed up and left. I called the office and told them we left and I only got half of my money back because I had used the shower. While we were packing up a couple guys just sat outside their rooms and watched us while drinking a couple 40 oz.'s and this was at 10 am. It was pretty amusing and will be a funny story to tell the kids someday but I wouldn't recommend staying.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank cdeesh3
Pensacola
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Palm Court, Pensacola, FL is a disgusting place to stay. My boyfriend and I spent a night there last night to get away from the kids. He's from Mississippi and didn't know about this dump.
Anyways, upon entering the room the stench and odor was horrendous and there were roaches on the sink. The floor was dirty. Since he had paid with a credit card; we decided to stay. All night I was afraid that we were going to catch something. Next time, I have to make sure he calls me before making a motel/hotel decision.

This place is ghetto fabulous all types of crime goes on there. No way decent folks want to spend any time here.

• Liked — Not a damn thing!!!!!
  • Disliked — The nasty smelly room.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank EboneGoddess54
louisiana
Reviewed June 3, 2007

This hotel was horrible... The outside looked decent, but once you get in your room, beware! The smell was overbaring, the floors were stained & dirty enough to turn my feet black! In the cabinets were trash, and a bag of some sort of white powder. Inside the ice box was full of this sticky goo. Flies were everywhere, in the curtains and toilets. When I opened one of the dressers, cock roaches scatered from sunflower seed shells that were spit into it. there was a hole in one of the walls, and trash, and a baseball bat under the bed, which made me fear for our safety. When we asked for a refund, the staff was completely rude! They didn't even offer to clean our room or move us to another. I strongly recommend you avoid this dump that claims to be a hotel!

Stayed June 2007