“would certainly come back to this hotel. great staff! I do...”

Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown
Ranked #35 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Donalsonville
“would certainly come back to this hotel. great staff! I do...”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

would certainly come back to this hotel. great staff! I do hope they would clean up the carpet in the guestroom. it was filthy :(

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ajit710, Owner at Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Iris F.

Thank you for your recent review. We do appreciate your feedback and I would like to assure you that we are actually having all of our carpets deep cleaned over the next few weeks. They were installed this January and we do shampoo them every quarter. Again, thank you very much for your observations.

Ajit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
New Orleans
Reviewed May 22, 2013

If you are traveling to Pensacola for an over-night beach trip, and you don't need luxurious accommodations directly on the beach - this could be your place. The staff is friendly, and the pool is average and clean. The rooms could be cleaned better (bathroom, carpet) but fine for one night. About a 10-minute drive to the beach and conveniently located within a short driving distance to restaurants, nightlife, shopping, etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Rachel S.

Thank you for taking time to post your opinion on your recent stay. We do appreciate the feedback you have provided. Your observations have been duly noted and we are actually having all our carpets deep cleaned over the next few weeks. Again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We spent two nights there, went to Beaches by car and to downtown we were walking. Good location, clean rooms, friendly service. Unfortunatetly we couldn t try the grill, but the fact that they provide one is also worth to be mentioned.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ajit710, Owner at Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Wolfgang F

Thank you for your review. We do hope you stay with us again, next time you are in Pensacola.

Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I checked in here after driving about 9 hours from Houston, TX. I went into my room to find the counters were dirty and the bathtub had hairs in it. Grossed out, but tired, I wiped down all the counters and pulled back the blanket on the bed to take a nap and found more hairs. I went to the office and they switched me rooms. The new room had a huge hair on the bedspread and pillow.

I went back to the office and told them I was just very uncomfortable staying here because I felt like the sheets my have not been changed. The man at the front desk was very polite, very apologetic and assured me that he would find out who cleaned those rooms and he would take care of it. He allowed me to check out with no expense and be on my way.

The rooms were a bit run down and smelly. They could definitely use some re-caulking, a good scrub down, and a new layer of paint.

While I had a bad experience here, I didn't really get the feeling that this was a bad place. Check out the more positive reviews, too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Wi_Ar

I am sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay at our property. I would like to assure you that this matter has been addressed with housekeeping and they have been instructed to be extra vigilant with regards to the concerns you highlighted. We do change linens daily and all our linen is provided to us by a laundry service. I want to assure you that you will not have the same experience if you are willing to give us another try.

Kind regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Very helpful and friendly staff- receptionist realy helpful - good breakfast. Within easy walking distance of historic downtown - which was great. The receptionist gave us great information about the local beaches - fantastic visit to the Fort and local beaches followed which were brilliant.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear FrankG1955

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the kind feedback. We do hope you decide to stay with us again, next time you visit Pensacola.

With regards