“Trains and old room” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
FORT LAUDERDALE
“Trains and old room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

The room was set well away from the reception and water took 20 minutes to get hot. Bedding was old and cover smelled. Apart from that the freight trains will keep you up if the room guests next door dont.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ajit710, Owner at Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Stewart H.

I am sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory stay at our establishment recently. I will have to look into why it took 20 minutes for you to get hot water because our boilers are operating properly. Every room at our property is getting a makeover and new carpet is being installed at this moment. Also, we are changing out all of our bedding so if are ever willing to give us another try, I am sure you will find these items to your complete satisfaction. I do apologize if other guests disturbed you but our hotel security does address that promptly whenever they are notified. Once again, I do apologize that everything was not completely satisfactory, and I would they appreciate another opportunity to show you that we can provide you a very pleasant stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed here December 5 - December 8, it was a wonderful stay. The room was very nice and clean, i wish i could've took that mattress home with me, and the staff was very polite and friendly. I had to leave early that Saturday morning to go to the airplane, and the front desk clerk checked me out quickly, she called a taxi for me and she even had the breakfast and fresh coffee ready. So, if you're ever in the area check out this Days Inn, it's also in a great location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jallisa S
Dear Jallisa S.

Thank you taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. My staff and I are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay. We do hope that whenever your return to Pensacola, you will stay with us once more. Again, thank you for the feedback.

Regards

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed here November 1-4 with my boyfriend on our 2 part vacation. The room we had was two doubles,desk,chair,frig,microwave,tv.small but enough space for two people.The room was clean,But the beds are to die for, they were so comfortable! We did hear trains, but to us it wasnt a problem.We went to the beach and it only was a ten minute or so drive. The front desk people were nice,and daily free breakfast which had waffles and juice, coffee and different types of breads and bagels and cereal.Make sure you ask for Alyssa for housekeeping! She is Awesome!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Desirae O
Ajit710, Owner at Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Desirae O.

My staff and I are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We do hope that next time you are in the Pensacola area, you decide to stay with us once again. Thank you very much for the review.

Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

i organised 11 rooms at this place for our tour group as part of a months tour of the southen states. The place was quite nice but dated and the manager was very nice to deal with. The breakfast and breakfast area was quite nice and you could tell that they tried hard to offer a good experience which is al you could really ask for. The only downside was the traffic noise which was unrelenting during the night. If you are going to stay ther make sure that you get a room overlooking the pool as anything else you are paying for a bed and tv because you wont be sleeping

Room Tip: If staying make sure you get a room overlooking the pool as quietest area from traffic noise which g...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paul L
Dear Paul L.

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I was encouraged to see that my staff and I were recognized for efforts to make sure that the stay was a good experience. I do apologize if there was external noise from the street the night of your stay. Most nights there is little disruption from the main street and I am sorry if this did disturb some of your associates. Once again, thank you for providing the feedback.

Leesburg, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed here on October 26th and 27th, along with my mom and my sister. It was a very comfortable stay. I lived in Pensacola and worked at Sole' Inn also downtown, and I had never been there before. But, I must say that a little more effort cleaning can be encouraged. I was so tired from driving I did not hear the trains and all this stuff people are complaining about, but thats what makes it Historic Downtown, but one young man walked by my room on his cell phone loud about 2am, and i politely asked him to lower his voice and he said "yes mam, Im sorry". People are a little too dramatic. In other words I had a good stay. Oh and that young Lady that worked the breakfast that weekend was very friendly sorry I cant remember her name

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Deidre S
Dear Deidre S.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I will certainly encourage my staff to put in little more effort with their cleaning regime. You may have noticed that we are making a lot improvements to the property. We certainly hope to see you again in the future, I am sure you will be very impressed. Oh, I will also let Casey know that you appreciated her efforts during breakfast.