“Overall good service:)”

Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown
Ranked #36 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
“Overall good service:)”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My room was very clean and well kept. They had nice fixtures of the shower wall tile and sink countertops . Bed was comfortable also ! Compared to many hotels I've stayed at in Pensacola,this one is one of the nicest. Only problem was I found the night stand lamp not plugged in. Other than that ,its worth the stay .:)

• Stayed August 2012
Ajit710, Owner at Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Mariathetraveler

Thank you for your review, my staff and I do appreciate the feedback. Next time you are in Pensacola, we do hope you choose to stay with us once more.

Kind regards

Ajit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Devers, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Don't let the historic district be your only draw to this place. Because this place was a dump. The rooms are very, very tiny. There was only one wall outlet you could use. There was a gap from the bottom of the door to the outside. The bathroom door handle moved and you could see a gap all round it. When you walked outside down the sidewalk you walked where a.c. units dripped out. With all the home depots around in this area they could fix any of these minor problems. This place reminded of my college dorm room, but at least the university took better care of there dorm rooms. And don't even try to check in early, even if you live like 10 hours away from this hotel, they don't care and they will charge you. This place is a terrible place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ajit710, Owner at Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Ms. Mcneil

I am sorry to hear that your stay at our property was anything less than satisfactory. I was not aware that you were unhappy with your accomodations. You did have an opportunity to mention any concerns to me when we spoke face to face well after you had checked into the hotel but did not elect to do so. I cannot help feel that your displeasure at having to pay a small fee for checking in almost 11 hours early, shortly after 4 am in the morning, probably affected your overall stay. We had held three rooms because you had called and communicated that you would be arriving a day earlier than your reservation. At that time, you were informed that you would have to pay seperately for the additional day since your reservation was already prepaid. When you arrived in early hours of the morning, instead of charging a whole night which is customary, you were offerred an early checkin fee which is much much lower. We assumed that this was a very fair compromise.

With respect to the observations you made about the maintenance concerns, I have informed my maintenace staff to investigate and make any necessary repairs. I do want to stress, if you felt that anything was a safety issue, we would have appreciated immediate feedback so we could make the repairs immediately. All the outlets in the room are in working order and there are three seperate outlets. If you had informed us that you needed extra outlets, we would have gladly provided you with a 6 way surge strip. We understand that at times, some guests need this and so we are always prepared to help out. I am unsure why you titled your post as "DEATHTRAP", in all fairness it seems rather harsh. We do take the safety and well being of our guests very very seriously. We are an older property but we do continously make improvements. The rooms you had stayed in, are going to experience some upgrades this winter. We do this because it is good business practice. Providing accomodations while ignoring guests' safety is not good business practice and it is definitely something which we do not tolerate. If you would like to talk about your stay, please feel free to call me. I want to assure you in person that we are a caring property and we do listen and act when a guest provides us feedback.

Valrico, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Good value for price and location. Walking distance to downtown and trolley station. Breakfast was bare bones: recommend 5 sisters offers great southern food and is close. Lots of historic markers nearby. Also close to civic center

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Ultrbread

I am happy to hear that you found your stay at Day Inn Historic Pensacola convenient and a good value. I noted your comment on the breakfast and we have extended the number of options to include waffles, croissants, boiled eggs, grits, cinamon buns as well as the standard continental options. We hope that next time you visit Pensacola, you choose the Days Inn Historic District. Once again, many thanks for the feedback.

Thomaston, Georgia
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Me & my wife stayed here for a weekend break.The hotel is in a great location with everything nearby.It is an older place but it is well maintained,we were happy with the cleanliness of the room,the staff were really nice.Overall we felt that we got really good value for what we paid for the room

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear John Z.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent staff. My staff and I appreciate the kind feedback. It would be our pleasure meet your rooming needs next time you plan a trip to Pensacola.

Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed September 19, 2012

we stayed here for the weekend, room was tiny but we didn't really care because we just slept there. It was clean and comfy. Great location, close to everything. The front desk lady was very nice and helpful. We defiantly will stay here again:)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Veronika M.

Thank you for your review. My staff and I are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we would look forward to seeing you again, next time you visit Pensacola.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was there for seven nights and the stay was great, from Management, Administration, Housekeeper and Maintenance personal everyone is very friendly and alway willing to help you. They call you by name and make sure your stay is a pleasant one. Sure it an older hotel but the rooms are maintain and they are alway updating them. If you want value with a friendly environment and family feeling I suggest you give them a try, don't think you will be sorry at all. I travel to Pensacola around four times a year and this is where I alway stay and will continue as long as I travel there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Dennis S.

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to see that you enjoyed it. I plan to share your comments with my staff, I am sure they will be happy to hear that you had a great time and we hope to see you again in the future.

Old Town, Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Good location, the bed was comfortable but the hotel is very old the room was very small and needed upgrading. Staff was great with check-in. Since I had a smoker with me and they did have smoking rooms we were greatful. But I wouldn't have stayed if we needed the room for just a place to sleep.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Kbelle123

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your recent stay with us in Pensacola. I am glad to hear to you found the location convenient and the bed comfortable. I noted your comments about the upgrading and wanted you to be aware that we are planning some upgrades during this winter such as new carpeting and case goods. Since you found the bed comfortable and our location convenient, I do hope you give us another opportunity when you need a place to stay in Pensacola.