Pensacola Grand Hotel
Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
$88
Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
$108
$127
$155
$98
Hotels.com
Sole Inn and Suites(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
$99
$163
$149
Hampton.com
$139
$125
Hampton.com
All reviewstrain stationthe crowne plazacivic centercorner roomhost hotelbeautiful architecturebay centerlobby barfront desk staffdirectly across the streetlight sleepervery nice hotelhistoric downtownthe room was nicestaff was friendlyup to dateminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The hotel was tall, thus allowing us a room on the 12th floor with a great view. Loved how the whole side of the wall was glass down to the floor. Lots of pillows; bed was comfortable; room was clean. Hotel was right downtown in the old part of Pensacola and was a perfect location.

The ladies at the registration counter, no matter the time of day nor what we were doing, were dressed casually and not in a uniform that matched each other, and were not too friendly in checking us in. When I asked about directions to a locale, they only provided a very bad copy of a map of downtown. That was it. No offer to help locate it on the map and there was no one else in the lobby for them to help. Late Saturday night we got more interaction with the security guard to include getting the elevator for us than the lady who was half asleep at the counter. They were just very unprofessional looking and acting. When we did check out Sunday morning the staff at the registration desk seemed awake and happy to have a job yet they too were not in any type of dress code.

For $130/night at Crowne Plaza, we could have received better service if we had stayed only five minutes out on I-10 at one of the many $80/night hotels instead. Very sad to see what use to be a better grade hotel going downhill through sloppy management of their registration staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for the view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 242LisaB
Derek H, Director of Sales at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

First off, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our goal is to exceed every guests expectation in every area. I have forwarded your comments to the GM and the Guest Service Manager about the employee appearance. We will examine this concern immediately.
We hope that you give us another chance. If so, please call and ask for The Director of Sales direct. Very Respectfully.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The overall experience was just OK. We booked a room (had confirmation) with 2 queen beds for 3 adults for 2 nights and received a room with only 1 king bed. We were told they were booked and couldn't move us to another room and that all of their roll-away beds were checked out. We had to ask for linens to make a pallet on the floor, for an adult, but were not offered any help. We also asked to be moved for the 2nd night and were told that if the few rooms that had 2 beds checked out the next day as planned we could be moved, but if they requested to stay, even though their reservation was not thru the next night, they had 1st opportunity at the room!! We had a reservation for the next night but those people did not, and according to them they must have all stayed because we still did not get moved! However we asked for a roll-away and got one the 2nd night and at no charge only because I told them we weren't paying for it! The customer service was not the best I've had & none of the people cared too much that we had 3 adults, 1 of which is 72, did not get what we paid for nor any concern or respect for our situation. The room itself was clean and relatively comfortable, but definitely not as nice as I expected from this hotel chain. The parking was absolutely the worst I've seen at any hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank gentre

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I was a little surprised by the feedback so, I have reviewed your reservation.
The room type that you reserved was not guaranteed, in fact, on our website, as well as third party websites it clearly stated:
" STANDARD ROOM
When you arrive at the hotel we will do our best to meet your room bed type and smoking preferences these are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed".

The weekend you stayed we were at capacity. I spoke with the Front Desk Manager. They sincerely attempted to accommodate you and your family; and they explained everything verbally that I wrote above. The type of room that you wanted to stay in wasn't available as they had been reserved. We not only strive to always do better, but to take responsibility when we make an error; however, in this circumstance, we honestly did nothing wrong.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

The people that staff this hotel are top notch and will go well out of their way to make the stay perfect as possible. DJ that worked the front desk told me the best place to get great flowers, gave me an upgraded room, and ensured my flowers I had delivered to the hotel were the center piece of the room when we arrived. Highly recommend the hotel to everyone that needs a room in Pensacola.

Room Tip: Great the suite - great views
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so kindly for sharing your thoughts. Our Award Winning property works very hard at exceeding expectations. Thank you for letting us know we succeeded.
Hope to see you again this summer. We'll have a warm smile waiting for you!

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel just accross the street from the civic center. Older hotel, but well done. Did not eat in the restaurant, so cannot comment on that. Staff was very accommodating. Comfortable beds, rooms have refrigerator and coffee.

• Stayed: March 2014
Derek H, sales at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you for the lovely four star review! we hope to see yu again in the future!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I usually stay there once or twice a year to check on family. It's always been great no problems at all. We've always had a corner suite so lots of room to enjoy. I know that the hotel is close to train tracks but I have never heard a train pass by. I'm usually there on weekends. If I was there on business maybe the trains would affect my sleep but so far it has never been an issue.

Room Tip: Stayed there several times while visiting family. Very nice location and facility. We have always had a corner suite so plenty of room to enjoy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Derek H, sales at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Thank you for the five star review, we are pleased to have met your needs and hope to see you again.