“Don't let them ruin your vacation”

Pensacola Grand Hotel
Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Hotel over charged my card for room by $750.00 and the room had been paid for before we checked in. They couldn't put the money back on my card (due to holiday weekend), and this left us strapped for cash. They did not offer to feed us or offer any other kind of compensation. This ruined our Memorial Day weekend, and the travel home was not good as we had no cash on hand and had to call family for help as a result of the Hotels mistake! BUYER BEWARE!

Room Tip: make sure to keep your credit card away from the front desk !
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Ken A,

We are disappointed to hear of the inconvenience you experienced during your stay and have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I guess the best way to describe it as a gold coin that's lost it's shine. They have done a nice job of maintaining and keeping up to date without losing the original charm of the train depot but there is something missing. The energy of the place falls flat and at times you feel like you are the only one here. Amazingly quiet to be right next to the interstate. I would stay here again when you need an inland hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Derek H, sales at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you for the 4 star review! We are happy you enoyed your stay and the environment. we hope to see you again!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel located in a renovated passenger train station manages to keep its charm through the years. And this is helped by the friendly hardworking staff. The restaurant dining did not impress but the overall experience was fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the 4 star review! we hope to see you again!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

You will see I have written several previous reviews on The Crowne Plaza Pensacola Grand but I am compelled to do so again given our great stay. I will begin with the staff. They are all incredibly friendly and welcoming. Everyone from the front desk to the bartenders to the housekeeping team is on point. The rooms are large and the views of Pensacola Bay are unlike any other hotel in the area. I recommend you pay the extra cost and stay on one of the higher floors.
Since 2012 all of the bedding has been updated. The beds are incredibly comfortable. I've said it before and I will say it again, stay at The Pensacola Grand. You will be very pleased with the hotel, definitely the staff and the excellent location.

Room Tip: Higher level floors offer great views of Pensacola Bay. Upgrade to a corner room...it's worth t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Derek H, sales at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Thank you for the five star review! we are so happy to have had you in our presence and we hope to meet your needs and see you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located and provides easy access to restaurants, etc. and is right off I-110. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The low rating for the staff results from the room not being cleaned! I was there for 3 days and had placed the "Do not disturb" sign on the door the first night of my stay. I left the room at 11:30 am the next morning to go to brunch, then did went to the beach. I definitely removed the "Do not disturb" sign when I left the room, and the housekeeping staff were down the hall from my room. When I returned around 6 pm, the sign had been replaced and the room was not made up, nor were there any new towels. Upon calling the front desk, I was informed that housekeeping will not make up the room if there is a "Do not disturb" sign on the door. But I had removed the sign and obviously the staff replaced it to get out of cleaning the room. I was told that housekeeping does not come back to a room after making their first morning pass, which implies that you must be up and out of the room before they come by! I paid good money for the room (almost $200 per night) and I think I am entitled to sleep late, as well as have the room cleaned. This housekeeping policy is not stated anywhere online nor in the room, so make sure if you're going to stay here, you get up early or be prepared to clean you own room!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear GLEN S,

Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am very sorry for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay particularly with housekeeping. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed one night just for a Pensacola beach visit and had a pleasant stay. If you are a lite sleeper, might not enjoy that the hotel is close to the road and train tracks. The hotel was very nice on the inside, and if you get a high enough room, it has a nice view to the bay. Short drive to the Pensacola beach. Thought it offered continental breakfast, but it just had coffee. Overall good place to stay with the family or friends.

Room Tip: Choose a bay side view and go to the upper floors.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Willie R,

Thank you for your review of our hotel regarding your stay.

It was real pleasure to learn that your stay with us was such a pleasant one. Your opinion, as every single guest, is very important to us and serves us as an advise, reward and motivation for the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dhan M

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The room I had crisp, clean sheets, a very comfortable bed, and nice bath. Lots of soap/shampoo/massage amenities provided in small containers, including a night spray which was great.
Lobby and bar need freshening with much better lighting, flooring, seating. Shop-worn would be the proper description of the lobby and bar.
Restaurant in the hotel was superb for breakfast. Nice morning greeting, super-prompt coffee/order/delivery, and excellent attentiveness.
Parking lot to the front desk is a considerable distance at night because of various locked doors, and security was notified of suspect activity in parking lot.
Would be happy to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the 4 star review! We are very glad you could be accomodated. Thank you and we hope to see you again

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola / I-10 Pine Forest Road
Motel 6 Pensacola West
Motel 6 Pensacola West
#25 of 65 in Pensacola
Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
4 mi away
Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport (Cordova Mall Area)

Been to Pensacola Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!