“Business class hotel”

Pensacola Grand Hotel
Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Probably my fifth or sixth stay. But, first review. I like the convenient location downtown for business and access. The front desk staff are nice and friendly. This trip my room did not have the customary sleep mask package. A new addition was a TV remote that was advertised as sanitary and washable. Nice. The room was comfortable; however, my business colleague and I overheard very loud shouting from an adjacent room. We brought this to the attention of the front desk who first offered to have security talk to the guest, but I requested that we be relocated away from the noisy room, which the front desk gladly allowed. Good points for the assistance. Towels seem to be getting a little tired and thin. Television channel arrangement was unusual and problematic, no easy overall channel guide and access involved a lot of clicking. Breakfast at this hotel has always been a challenge..a windowless interior room, understaffed (waiting for service in the morning is problematic as that's when you need to eat and go) and $26 for two is on the high side. I am a bit torn over the fact that bottled water is not provided in the room, but members of the Crown Plaza frequent visitors club get a token that you can trade for a bottle of water or a cocktail. I know we are not supposed to overuse bottled water when we have great tap water available right in the bathroom, but it is convenient to have a bottle next to your bed. I think their strategy and intentions are in the right place with the token approach. I drank tap water in the room. The bar has always been pleasant. I will likely return, but avoid breakfast. Be aware the train comes each morning at 5 with a horn, comes with the territoryof this property being a former railroad station.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Professorgreen
Derek H, sales at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you for the 4 star review! we hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Comfortable, clean room with a warm bed. A lavender spray to use on all the pillows, an eyemask and earplugs, to make sure you get a goodnight's sleep.. And I did!

• Stayed: January 2012
Derek H, sales at Pensacola Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Thank you for the five star review! we are so happy to have had you in our presence and we hope to meet your needs and see you again.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Very nice hotel with lots of amenities, including a full size cargo train that shakes the entire hotel. Awesome rooms that are big and roomy. Hotel sits between the freeway on ramps and the stadium. Not easy to walk anywhere from hotel, gotta use your car to go eat.

Room Tip: Book early, especially since the stadium is next door
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Happiestbaby

Thank you for the lovely four star review! we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed December 9, 2011

The Crowne Plazza in Pensacola, FL is one of the more convenient hotels in the area. It is within sight of the down town and waterfront and across the street from the civic center. The rooms are pretty average but the staff is very helpful and friendly. The facility is interesting in that it is a combination of the old train station and a new hotel. The shops, meeting facilities, restaurant and bar/lounge are all in the old station. The only draw back is a VERY long walk from the parking lot to the main lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank clloydm

Thank you for joining us in the heart of the historical district . We appreciate the 4 star review and hope to see you again

Reviewed November 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last week. We had not been in Pensacola for about 30 years and decided to visit. The staff at the hotel was the very best. They upgraded our room and we really we remember now what makes Pensacola a great place to live. The people are friendly and very hospitable. You can not find a better hotel to stay in anywhere.

Room Tip: The hotel is so well built, all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband booked me two nights in this hotel after a horrendous first night stay in another hotel. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, especially Biko and Britanny. The lobby is gorgeous. The 1912 restaurant was well staffed, well priced and served good food. The room itself was clean, plush, comfortable and to me, luxurious for the price. The views were very nice. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Stayed at this hotel as part of a bridal party for a wedding. We checked in on a Thursday and left out on Friday.

The hotel is located directly across the street from the Pensacola Civic Center, and from what I understand it use to house a train station, though trains still pass right by it. I can honestly say I don't remember hearing a train while I was there, so I don't know if that means none came by, or the room was well sound proofed.

The room itself was nothing to write home about. We had connecting rooms because it was 8 of us. The beds were comfortable, and the company is trying to be economically fit by having 'clean' remotes and things of the sort. The room was provided with a fridge, however to use a microwave you had to go downstairs. The bathroom was kind of small and at times we felt their was no air circulating. They also provided a bag of things some people might find essential like eye masks, etc. The hallway outside of the room also seemed kind of narrow. But the room served its purpose...we were able to fit in there and get many things done. The parking is ample but weird. Their are a few spots directly in front of the hotel (I say a few because a good portion of them were handicap), the rest of the parking is found on the side, which can be a hike to the front door.

What sets the hotel apart is the service. We asked for extra towels and got a lot of them. Also, when there was a mix up in checkout time the front desk was very understanding and did a lot to help us out, therefore allowing the bride-to-be stressed about one less thing.

As stated before, the hotel is across from the civic center, less than 10 miles from the airport, plus near some interesting restaurants, and a couple of streets over from McDonalds, Krispy Kreme and I believe a grocery store.

All in all not a bad stay, but just an average hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

We thank you for your three star view and choosing to join us in the heart of the historic location.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola / I-10 Pine Forest Road
Motel 6 Pensacola West
Motel 6 Pensacola West
#25 of 65 in Pensacola
Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze
4 mi away
Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport (Cordova Mall Area)

Been to Pensacola Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!