“The Old Neighborhood Approach to Baking”
Review of J's Pastry Shop

J's Pastry Shop
Ranked #6 of 9 Bakeries in Pensacola
Pensacola, Florida
“The Old Neighborhood Approach to Baking”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

J's Pastry Shop has been here for a very long time. It's a neighborhood bakery from breads to Communion cakes. Best sweet rolls and coffee cakes within a hundred or more miles.

Open the door on a cold or hot morning and inhale the baking. Always fresh, sold out early so get there. Afternoons it's a great perk up place. Doughnuts better than any franchise and better priced.

All of our special occasions, we go to J's.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank dhwalkrun

Pensacola, Florida
“Stale cookie, wrong cookie”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

After the re-model, I went back to this bakery. The cakes used to be very dry, but I don't know about that now. I ordered several different cookies. Half dozen of the almond crescents and realized when I got home, they were stale. Ended up throwing them out. Second time I went, I wanted the powder covered jelly cookies. Got those home and realized I had been give the thumb-print cookies. But, the mounds cookies are to die for, try them. Maybe the 3rd time might be a charm.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank felinefrenz
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Not the Same”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The bakery used to be the best in the world to me... I have been going there since my Grandparents started taking me when I was a kid... We still go there to this day & while the original owners have since moved on the tradition still exist... The cookies are close in taste but not exactly ht e same that I have been accustomed to... But either way it still provides a fix for an aching sweet tooth with all that they have to offer...

Visited May 2013
“What a shame!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

How sad that the owners have turned this landmark bakery into an "almost" empty building. Original owners made some of the best cookies, pies, cakes and breads in all of Pensacola. Now. . .
you go in, when they are open, and find empty display cases (no cookies, nothing). They have an excuse and tell you to come back tomorrow. After this happened several times, we no longer go there. It has, also, become very nasty and unclean looking.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank chinqua
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Worst bakery on planet”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you want bakery products worse than Hostess cupcakes and dingdongs, you'll love J's bakery. Locals used to substandard cuisine rave about the place In California, there would be vigilantes outside protesting the soggy breads and Crisco-laden cookies. Anybody who likes J's backery is a good candidate to be institutionalized in a sanatorium for having demented taste buds.

Visited January 2013