All reviews make a u turn nice hotel davis highway breakfast and dinner parking lot couple of nights recommend this hotel mini fridge nice stay front desk clerk free breakfast would definitely stay here again night stay bed was comfortable lobby uwf navy
Reviewed June 12, 2016

We stayed here for three nights while visiting with friends in Pensacola. No complaints. Wi-fi was fine for us. Beds, linens, and towels were clean and all as they should have been. The staff we dealt with were pleasant. Parking was easy. No noise issues. Hot water was plentiful.

There is a Denny's across the street that has a wonderful breakfast. We didn't try the restaurant in the hotel because the Denny's breakfast was so good!

Our only small complaint is that our room was supposed to have a microwave & didn't. We called & asked if they could bring one up (for reheating tea, etc.) and they said they would bring us one the next morning, but they never did. Called again that afternoon (because mistakes happen) and this time they said they would bring one up if one was available. Never got our microwave. Otherwise, no issues.

Would definitely stay again.

Got a pretty good deal for this hotel on Expedia. The desk clerk told us it beat her in-house rate by $15 per night.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2016

The cons: this hotel needs maintenance. Nothing major, just minor and inconveniencing. The wifi was quite unstable. Again, just annoying. But if we'd had significant business to get done online it would have been beyond annoying. The staff was very pleasant and courteous, but was having trouble with the registration/computer system; at least twice our room keys got deactivated because of confusion with our reservations.

The pros: the staff was very courteous and promptly fixed the key problem. They were really trying. Also, although this place wasn't cheap by any means, the price was about half of the cost of rooms on the beach. The location is close to the interstate and shopping, but inconvenient from the beach.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Holiday I, Manager at Holiday Inn Pensacola - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2016

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the wifi issue we were having that day. Rest assured that the issue has been looked into. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Mike D
General manager

Reviewed June 9, 2016 via mobile

We opted to stay here one night before heading to our condo on the beach. I wish we had chosen a different hotel and location. The exterior and lobby are the nicest things about the hotel. First off, it is very difficult to get to. It is also located in a ran down/not so nice part of town. Parking is very limited and did not feel safe. My husband was approached by a homeless woman in the parking lot at night. The rooms are small and not well cleaned. The bathroom was small and the shower head was rusted and about to fall off. Carpets were stained as were the bed linens. The A/c unit was extremely noisy and interfered with our ability to sleep after a 10 hour drive. However if we turned the A/C off the noise in the hallways was unbearable-----children running the halls, crying and adults yelling in a foreign language late into the night and again early the next morning. When we went to check out of course we were told there was no manager available but that our info would be given to a manger and it has been a week and a half and we still have not been contacted by a manager. The price was ridiculous for the trashy environment and the condition of this hotel. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank riverratfamily

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Mike D
General manager

Reviewed June 4, 2016

The Holiday Inn Pensacola N Davis Hwy - The rooms are large, and clean. They offer a breakfast which is very nice to start your day (6:00AM - Start time). They have a small pool and work out room out back which is open 24/7. I found the people who work there very nice in helping you out even at all hours, since I checked in at 12:30 AM and the night person was very helpful and informative on my questions. The rooms are mid range. I would consider staying there again, it fit my needs and wants for my business trip.

Room tip: Room on the back side have less noise since the road is up front.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2016

We chose this Holiday Inn for a recent road trip in which we wanted to make an overnight stay in Pensacola, and we wanted to use IHG points.

The property is convenient in that it's right next to I-10, but beware it's not easy to get INTO the property due to a concrete curb that runs for the entire block in front of it, so you can only turn into it if you're driving SOUTH on Davis Hwy. If you're coming from I-10, you'll need to drive north until you can make a U-turn and come back south down the other side of the curb to get into the hotel (not easy with the 26-foot moving truck we had). Once you're in the hotel, parking is pretty tight, especially if you have anything larger than a standard car/truck. This hotel offers no oversize spots, so we had to park across 3 or 4 spaces. When we got into the front desk to check in, they asked for our license plate info and we mentioned our moving truck - only to be chastised and told trucks were absolutely not allowed. This information is NOWHERE on the website, so beware. There is a sign upon driving into the parking lot, but we thought it was referring to semi-truck/18-wheelers, and not a moving truck. We were told it included anything that wouldn't fit in a regular parking space (which makes me wonder how another reviewer had tour buses in the parking lot when they were there?). I wouldn't have booked this hotel at all had I known the parking situation. We were told we had to move our truck, and we were lucky that the Days Inn next door, which DOES have at least 10 oversized parking spots, allowed us to park there. They apparently 'work with' the Holiday Inn to help with their parking deficiencies. So, problem solved, even though we weren't happy that our truck was next door, on the other side of a fence.

The room itself was fine - typical Holiday Inn quality. The queen beds were comfortable, the linens were fine. The flat screen TV was fine, there were a lot of channels. There was a mini-fridge and a work desk. The bathroom was a little small and outdated, but it wasn't a big deal. I always appreciate the complimentary Bath and Body Works toiletries.

I think the hotel had complimentary WiFi, but we didn't use it. It was very annoying that there was no complimentary breakfast, and I wish we didn't have to go to the nearby McDonald's to get breakfast before hitting the road the next day.

Overall, this stay was fine, but not great -- and I wouldn't stay here again. I'd find something that has a bigger parking lot, a complimentary breakfast, and offers paid rates that are lower than what this hotel was charging (if we hadn't used points).

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconveninets.