I had a good experience at this hotel. It appears to be well kept. The grounds, the lobby, the hallways and the rooms were all clean and appealing. The King room we had was spacious with a sitting area. It came with a mini-fridge which was not mentioned when I booked on Hotwire, so that was a nice surprise. The complimentary wireless internet connection worked fine. All of the front desk clerks were very friendly - greeting us everytime we entered and left the hotel. The woman who both checked us in and out was especially warm and friendly and very efficient.
We did not use the restaurant but I noticed that at 7:30pm on a Saturday night there was only 1 couple in the restaurant and about 6 people in the bar. So while I can't speak to the food first hand, I'm guessing the food isn't good enough to warrant local patrons.
I thought the location was fine for our purposes. Although there isn't a whole lot in the area, the hotel is at the intersection of I10 and 110 - making it convenient to get to most places in town.
There are a couple of things that I was a little disappointed in...
1) Although it was a non-smoking hotel, my room did faintly smell of smoke that was attempted to be covered up. It wasn't bad enough to make me request a different room but it made the room less appealing to me.
2) I had wished that the thermostat had a setting to run the fan only on the airconditioning/heating unit. The room was uncomfortable stuffy when the unit wasn't running but for the most part the temperature remained just right without heat or air. So I had to keep alternating between heat and air during the night in order the keep air flowing.
3) The towels weren't horrible but they weren't great either - not soft and a little thin.
4) Our room came with a roomy walk-in shower but it had mediocre water pressure and I would have preferred a shower/tub combo. (although I don't know - some rooms might have tubs)
All in all, it was a good experience and I would go back if the price was right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Hotel in Pensacola, Florida Offers Convenient Location You can enjoy a relaxing stay at our Holiday Inn Hotel Pensacola - North Davis Hwy, located at Exit #13 of I-10 with quick access to downtown Pensacola. Our hotel is near the Pensacola Regional Airport (PNS), Pensacola Beach, Pensacola NAS, and the University of West Florida. Families looking for lodging in Pensacola will appreciate our hotel's ideal location near area attractions, including Naval Aviation Museum, beautiful Pensacola Beaches,Sam's Fun City and historic downtown. The Holiday Inn is conveniently located near area shopping malls, including University and Cordova. Business travelers will enjoy the premium services provided by our hotel in Pensacola, including a 24-hour Business Center, two meeting rooms with seating for 125 guests and free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. Our Pensacola accommodations offer easy access to such area businesses as GE, International Paper, Ellyson Industrial Park and the areas major hospitals. While lodging at our Pensacola hotel, you can enjoy an outdoor, heated pool, covered hot tub spa and Fitness Center. Our restaurant, Kem's, is casual, family-priced and offers a chef-quality menu. Be sure to check the special offers for this new Holiday Inn - Pensacola, FL and start planning your trip today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Pensacola - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Pensacola-North Davis Highway Hotel Pensacola
- Pensacola Holiday Inn