“Enjoyed our Stay Here!”

Holiday Inn Pensacola - University Area
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked a room for four nights at this hotel. I was in town visiting my parents, and needed to be nearby. The room was clean and the air conditioning was cold and felt awesome! The decor was nice - just what you'd expect in a Holiday Inn. Exercise room was adequate and the pool and hot tub was great. My husband and I especially enjoyed the reception night on a Wednesday. They served the most delicious wings and cheese/crackers, and also some type of fried veggies (okra or asparagus) with sauce. This included free wine or beer and we called it dinner - great evening there meeting some different people. The hotel is near a Waffle House and a convenience store. Really, the only downside that I can think of is that it is a bit trick exiting the hotel entrance. You have to zip out across a few lanes, then go straight under the overpass and later pull a U-turn if you need to go east on Davis, which we did. Not terrible - just inconvenient. On our first night, we could clearly hear a couple next door having sex, but as my Dad mentioned, this is what people in hotels do for goodness sake! Ha! Ha! I always travel with earplugs, so it wasn't a problem, and they were gone the next day. The front desk clerk was a lovely woman, and helped us with quickly checking in, locating our remote control for the television, and providing me with some personal items I had forgotten to pack. All in all, I'd recommend this place, and highly. I've stayed across the street at another hotel in the past and it was pretty sketchy. Go with a known name here and you will have a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Visitor_041998
HolidayInn-Pensacola, General Manager at Holiday Inn Pensacola - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you for your comment and I apologize for any inconvenience that you faced one night…

General manager

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Good place to stay for overnight. Great restaurant...especially with the included breakfast buffett...more than the average "includes breakfast" deal! Very clean hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your time writting about us!

General manager

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Best staff of any hotel I have ever been to. Helpful, courteous and cheerful. Southern hospitality at it's finest. Clean room with nice restaurant and bar. Fitness room was more than adequate and the pool/jacuzzi was clean and refreshing. Don't miss out on this gem with close proximity to the beaches!

Room Tip: all rooms quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your comment, I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I travel to Pensacola regularly on business and the Holiday Inn on Davis Hwy always provides me with a place to stay that I can count on. Pensacola is lacking in quality hotels and I can count on one hand the properties that I would recommend there. The cleanest, most comfortable and up to date rooms are at the Holiday Inn properties. If you find yourself needing a hotel in Pensacola, you could do much worse. The staff is friendly and the property is well maintained.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Phil4Bama
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

We appreciate your loyalty and thank you so much for your support.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Hotel was nice and easy to find. Front desk staff were very helpful and friendly! Room service was adequate; did not use bar or restaurant. My room was clean and comfortable and very quiet. The only suggestion I would have is please move the smoking area away from the front entrance - had to walk through about 5 folks smoking, and it was a bit much. I would recommend this hotel and stay here again! The area seemed safe with several dining options, especially if you had a car.

Room Tip: Get the 5th floor if you can, it seemed very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

We appreciate your time writing comments for us and regarding relocating smoking at the entrance suggestion will be taken under advisement.

Thank you again.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Beautiful hotel, clean room, wonderful beds and amenities, as soon as we walked in you could tell the staff were total pros. I cant say enough about this hotel, we will stay here again for sure. We relocated after checking into another property late at night and even at midnight, this hotel was operating at a top level of service. 5 stars

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so very much!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We arrived at the hotel which is very easy to see off of HWY 10 but not so easy to navigate to, and parking was a bit further from the door than I'd have preferred, but those are of relatively little consequence to me. The hotel staff were friendly and obliging. The rooms were extremely comfortable and clean. The hotel is inside access only and there is only one entrance in or out of the building, so we felt very safe as well. The in-house resturant was good too, only on the second day, they must have been short handed because the service was extremely slow. The first day, service was very quick, so I think it must have just been an off day.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for your time writing about us and we really do appreciate that. Just FYI…we also have security whole night.

Thank you again...