“I love to go here for Italian cuisine and get the Lasagna...”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #112 of 669 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love to go here for Italian cuisine and get the Lasagna...”
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I love to go here for Italian cuisine and get the Lasagna...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

“Good food, but you will...”
Reviewed January 23, 2008

Good food, but you will smell like garlic the entire next day.

1 Thank ChristianMPensacola
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Decent Italian food. However, if you prefer non-commercialized places, do not eat here.”
Reviewed January 14, 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Florida
“Our favorite Italian restaurant in Pensacola”
Reviewed July 26, 2007

Carrabba's Italian grill is a fine Italian Restaurant chain. I had eaten at a Carrabba's in North Carolina while on a business trip, and was pleased to see this restaurant open in Pensacola.

We arrived around 5:30 PM on a weekday. We were immediatley seated (party of 3 adults, in a booth.) By 6 PM, there seemed to be a short wait. I believe you can call ahead and put your name on the list, which I would suggest if you plan to dine during the dinner hour.

Our waiter was courteous and knew the menu well. (The restaurant is very dark, so give your eyes a couple of minutes to adjust before attempting the menu.) He brought attention to the specials and suggested items from the "Grill" portion of the menu, since that is their hallmark. We all three selected a different grilled chicken dish.

Salads were adequate, and served on nicely chilled plates. The minestrone was good. Bread is served with herbs and olive oil throughout the meal.

The entrees were very good. The chicken had a grilled, smokey taste, and the seasoning was very good. The pasta and garlic mashed potatoes were also very good. You can substitute any type of pasta/sauce combo as your side-item, which is a nice touch. For example, if you want some fettucini alfredo with your grilled salmon, you can have it, even though it's not listed on the menu that way. (I am continously amazed at how many restaurants won't let diners customize meals this way!)

Our total for 3 adults was $58 before tip (no alcohol.) I think we ordered from the expensive part of the menu.

Overall, this was an above-average dining experience, and we are already talking about what we will order on our next visit.

Keeping this restaurant from earning a perfect 5 rating is the crowded dining room. Those tables are pretty close together. We were in a small booth, and there was a table just a few feet away. A few minutes into our meal, a family with a toddler sat at that table. THANKFULLY, the child was very well-behaved, and the parents brought babyfood, toys, etc. But... had that been a noisy child, then our meal would have been miserable. Taking-out 5 or 6 tables would allow for a little elbow room. (I know - 5 or 6 tables can mean the profit-margin for a restaurant, but I'm calling them like I see them!)

I hope that Carrabba's Italian Grill will maintain a high level of quality as it continues to grow as a restaurant chain. Until that happens (and I hope it never does!) Carrabba's is our favorite Italian Restaurant.

1 Thank ExpectingQuality