“Lovely, festive atmosphere”

Ranked #4 of 752 Restaurants in Pensacola
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2018

Finally, we made it to Global Grill. Our friends have all been telling us to go, and finally we were able to find an evening with good company to give it a try. Forewarned, we made reservations, and really liked our table.

In fact, straightaway upon entering, Global Grill gives off a good vibe, even though the receptionist is way too busy with the phones and all the walk-ins hoping for a table. The Global Grill is full! The tables are taken! "There might be something available in about an hour or an hour and a half!"

You can hear the festivity, the buzz, from the moment you enter, and what we noticed was that while Global Grill was buzzing, it was not too loud. There might be loud greetings as people arrived at tables where friends were waiting, but the buzz remained a buzz and not a roar. People were having conversations. I think I remember music in the background, but it must have been low. We could hear each other. We could hear our waiter.

Our waiter was really good. We ordered starters to share, and main dishes to follow. He warned us that the duck was baked, not crispy, and that it mattered to some people. We ordered it anyway.

I loved the lamb lollipops. They must be marinated; they taste divine. Whatever they are soaked in enhances, and does not distract. We also liked the tuna sashimi, very yummy. The scallops were marvelous, and the crab cakes had a sauce a lot like Bernaise, which was unusual and interesting.

The one of us who ordered the steak as a main was really happy with it. Those of us who ordered duck wished we had listened to the server. I wished I had ordered my duck a little more rare. I wished the duck had not been on some very weird potatoes, so weird that they tasted bitter. I loved the mushrooms with the duck, but really wished I had ordered another tapa, the New Orleans BBQ shrimp instead of a main.

In fact, next time we go, we will stick with tapas.

High marks for atmosphere, service, and high standards. The duck wasn't bad, just not to my taste. The Global Grill is a lot of fun and the server's wine recommendation was perfect.

1  Thank Intlxpatr

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Everything about our evening here was outstanding. This was our first time visiting this location. The food was excellent and the staff was very accommodating and nice.

Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

Nice upscale resturant in the middle of town. Every dish is prepared fresh and is great for sharing. Wonderful new menus changing frequently. My favorite place.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

Went in with a group of 7. Everybody ordered something different to share with the table. Very creative menu. The tapas plates came out of the kitchen in no particular order leaving some at our table waiting. The only thing I didn't like was the roasted brussels sprouts I like them cooked a bit more. Otherwise everything was great.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 29, 2017

We went early for dinner. Lost of specials. Our server was really good. Great tapas and regular meals too. Good martini. Tempura asparagus was my favorite. Husbands were the oysters with housin sause. Friend had a excellent filet with house made Worcester sause. OMG that was good

Date of visit: November 2017