“Better than expected, can't wait to go back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pensacola
Navy Lodge Pensacola
Drydocked in Idaho
“Better than expected, can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2009

We traveled from rural Idaho to attend our son's final week of Aircraft Tech School and graduation. It was also our wedding anniversary. Our son had stopped by the Lodge one day earlier during his training there, and he thought we'd like it there. He was right! We loved our week at the Navy Lodge! Quiet, close to everything yet secluded, clean, courteous and friendly crew, convenient parking, secure, nice beach(walk down to it lengthy, but you can also drive to it!)with covered table areas and restrooms, park like setting with hammocks, barbeque setups, nice patio areas on all floors, and at a very reasonable price. After all day flying on three different planes, what we found waiting for us at the Navy Lodge was the perfect ending of an otherwise most tiring and hectic day! As a Navy veteran I say "thanks" for having such a nice and relaxing place to stay!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaptDisko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

Everything was satisfactory but the location was outstanding. I also liked the balcony

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank JessieMD
Ringgold
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2009

My friend was married in the chapel on the base, and we were able to stay at the Navy Lodge for the weekend.

Rooms:
General: The rooms obviously have no frills, but they do have everything that you need.
Kitchenette: We had a microwave and 3 foot fridge in the room. When we asked, we were provided with a large tupperware container full of dishes, silverware and dish soap. The rooms have a small kitchenette countertop (just big enough for the fridge to fit under), but with just two of us that was enough room for our dry goods.
Bathroom: The bathroom sink was a double vanity. The shower water pressure and temperatures were acceptable and it was clean (although I wouldn't trust it to take a bath or anything...but I never do).
Balcony: I believe all the rooms have a balcony view. Our room was above the ac/heating unit, but just beyond that we had a beautiful view of the garden path going down to the beach. It was pretty enough that the ac units didn't bother me.
Bedroom and General: I do not recall any temperature issues in the room. They had feather and flat pillows available. Bed was pretty comfortable (not as good as home, but good enough). I don't remember ever thinking that the housekeeping didn't come or that the room was dirty.

Lobby: You walk into a two story atrium. The indoor hall on the second floor overlooks the lobby. The decor is nothing fancy, but definitely functional and not dirty or lacking. The desk is to the left, and there is a small sitting area beyond that. There is a patio as well. There is an elevator (through the lobby, out the first outside door). There was also a small store. On our second day there, the base staff were putting up the Christmas decorations in the lobby!

Service:
Positive: Our mapquest directions were not quite accurate, but a quick phonecall (at 11pm) to the Lodge helped. We were given clear and easy directions to get to the base and the correct gate. (-- Not hard in daylight, esp. after driving around, but having never been there it would have been quite difficult w/o their help.) Upon arrival, we were given an outdoor entry room, which I do not like. When we asked, we were promptly and politely moved to one of the rooms with an indoor entry.
Negative: I gave this 4/5 because the internet service was TERRIBLE. I brought my wireless internet card (from Verizon) and had to use it, although it was slow, too. When we asked for help with the hotel wireless internet, they were rude to my husband (twice) and then gave him a card with a 1-800 number to call. (Must not have been the same staff from our first night!) Also, the desk staff during the day were friendly (most times) when it was "your turn," but they did not acknowledge your presence upon walking up--not professional. I witnessed people standing at the desk for minutes (I counted 3 min.) before the staff looked up from their computer. It seemed all they had to say was, "I'll be with you in just a second." Anyway, overall, the staff was great, a few of them just needed a little polishing.

Location: Look at the pictures of the outside of the hotel. GREAT views of the water and beach from certain vantagepoints. BEAUTIFUL garden and path with huge old trees (the kind with the wide, low limbs). I could go into detail, but the pictures do a better job. This was my favorite part. I wish we could have stayed an extra day (even though it was chilly) to hang out outside. They had hammocks, a playground, picnic tables...so cute!

Value: Wow. Love it.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
bl2e
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2009

Made reservations called ahead to confirm all was alright. Drove 18 hours to get there and "No reservations" sent to BOQ, what a dump. The navy must have spent all their money on the lobby. Gave us a room, Oh did say there were 4 of us, I've been in bigger broom closets on a Garcia class FF, one bed, and filthy. I went back to the lobby and was told that there nothing that would meet our needs. I asked about the reservation I had in my hand for a 2 room suite. I was told "You don't have a reservation, you have a request for a reservation". I'm not to smart, but I thought I knew how to read and I had a piece of paper which read "your reservation is confirmed" and had a reservation number on it. But, hey I got no more than I expected. The Navy still treats their people like crap!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank bl2e
Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2008

We stayed here for a "family getaway." We had one room while my daughter, son-in-law & granddaughter had a room next door.
Unfortunately they didn't have rooms with adjoining doors.

The rooms are quite large with lots of space; hubby, myself and our adult son were very comfortable with plenty of room for our luggage, etc. There's a nice balcony (with 2 chairs) and a big sliding glass door but NO view of the beach because of the trees. It appeared that very few rooms here would have a view of the beach. The TV had a VCR/DVD player but the DVD player was broken so there was a separate DVD player connected to the TV. Parking was convenient and easy.

Mini-kitchen: The little mini-kitchen was really nice to have, especially the fridge and microwave. There were dishes and silverware, a few things to cook with, and a cleaning sponge sealed in a plastic wrapper.

Bathroom: There's a nice big mirror and counter in the bathroom.

Plusses: They have some of the best (free) hot chocolate out of a machine I've ever tasted. And there's a free USA Today newspaper, too. The little mini-store in the lobby was SO handy and had a little bit of everything in it. The desk personnel were very friendly.

Negatives: Keep your shoes on in the room...our feet/socks were black after walking on the carpet. The (beautiful) walk to and from the beach can be tiring, especially carrying a baby-in-arms. And the steps are irregular, so we had to really watch our step.

The walk to the Aviation Museum wasn't bad but you have to cross one of the main road. The beach was really nice with some shelters and rest rooms, etc. There are no beach umbrellas supplied.

See accompanying photos for more details.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank Linja
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2008

First of all the place is beautiful. I was amazed. I was pleasantly surprised upon my arrival. I felt at home the entire time I was there. The staff was pleasant, helpful, and accommodating. Staying alone for most of my time there, I felt safe and never had to worry about problems from the other guests or people in the area. It was nice going to a hotel that I did not have to call the local police to get information about the hotel, crime in the area, etc.

This has been the best experience I've ever had staying at any hotel anywhere. Thank you so much for such a great experience.

Thank you to the military for providing such a place and thank you to the staff who do such a wonderful job! I am grateful.

• Liked — See review - everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing to not like!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
Douglasville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2008

wow, unbelievable, aFFORDABLE, CLEAN, FRIENDLY, across street from Naval Aviation Museum. Direct access to beach!
Probably will be going back this August!

• Stayed January 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)