“Italian? Maybe. Greek? Not really........”

Founaris Bros. Greek Restaurant
Ranked #144 of 686 Restaurants in Pensacola
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We live near Houston and have a lot of places to choose from for Mediterranean food. I guess this place stays open because there are no other options nearby. They have an expansive Italian menu, but unless you want gyro, you are out of luck for Greek. No lamb, the hummus comes with chopped BLACK olives on it, and pita that came out of a bag, not fresh. No block feta cheese, just tiny sprinkles. This place wouldn't last a week if they had any competition in the area. Our waiter was outstanding, but the food, though not unpleasant, was very poor as compared to real Greek.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have eaten Founaris Brothers many times and I always get the spanokopita. It's the best I've had in Pensacola. Tonight I had an Italian sub too and my children got a 9" pizza. All of it was good. Service was exceptional and our waitress did a great job. The quality of the food has been consistent every time I eat here. The majority of the menu is Greek and I usually get an gyro or some variant of the gyro. They have a few options and some traditional Greek dishes like Pastitsio. The "manicotti of the day" I hear is usually incredible but I have yet to try it.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

In addition to the no decorum, cheap atmosphere, the food itself needs a lot of improvement to be considered at least middle of the road. The spaghetti with meat sauce tasted like it came out of the frozen food section of a grocery store and the salad that accompanied it had shredded lettuce, some shredded carrots, one slice of cucumber and one quarter of a quarter of tomato. Big letdown after reading some of those reviews!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had lunch here and wish we hadn't. The food was bland and not very tasty. The garlic bread seemed stale and the waitress seemed to be in about the same shape. We've had food in much, much better Greek restaurants. I'm sure Pensacola has better Mediterranean restaurants than this one.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

It could be Greek or Italian but either way its dang good. Owners take pride in service, the cleanliness of the place & delivering quality food. It's fresh & tasty no matter what you order. My favorite is the pizza with gyro meat. Great place to eat!!!