“Marina oyster house”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have been to Atlas many times; consistently fresh seafood; good wine and beer list; overlooks old Seville Harbour Marina next to Bartram Park in downtown Pensacola.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We ate there tonight to celebrate a birthday. We started with the Thai shrimp lettuce wraps, and they were fantastic. Next came the wedge salads which were good - almost like eating a BLT on a plate. 2 of us has the bacon wrapped crab stuffed shrimp, and said it was really good. One had the Oysters Rockefeller appetizer as her entree, and enjoyed it.

I had the signature dish, Grits a YaYa. It was a huge portion, with 8 large shrimp. I couldn't finish it. It was a heavily salted dish though, and I would have taken my unfinished dinner home in a box if it wasn't so salty. Note to the chef: For something with bacon and Gouda cheese and shrimp, I don't think extra salting is needed. And I think they put bacon in everything.

The white wine sangria was crisp and good, and the beers cold. The outdoor seating was perfect for this beautiful evening. We had a great time!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was looking forward getting to this restaurant. Beautiful location overlooking the waterway with live pelicans and ducks at the distance trying to also satisfy their apetites for fresh fish as they from time to time dive...meanwhile, very charaming and friendly waitress...what is fresh today? She named four variety if fishes. You sure? So I asked the second time just to be sure it is today's catch...without flinching, she named the four variety...OK. Restaurant personnels need to realize that some clients if not all, have vast knowledge of seafood esp. fresh seafood. Fresh means, that day, those fish were caught, delivered and cooked. After all, hosnesty is the best policy and clients know the difference...i do not mind paying the price as long as the food is deserving..Well, we started with oysters ..yummy, it is wonderful. The main course came...the greens were old, my fish dry but that's was OK, the hushpuppies was dry and burnt. My best friend started on his meal did not get haflway, he called our server, and said he refuses to pay for his meal...i took a very small piece of his fish, he is right, it is not fresh and has a certain smell to it when I sampled it...when the manager came, he showed him the burnt hushpuppies...we are used to golden brown pups that melts in your mouth...they offered a free dessert but we lost our apetite...I hate to tell this, but i hope it will be a good lesson for improvement because i love the ambience of this restaurant. .

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I had the fish of the day, Tilapia, and I ordered it blackened. It is prepared with a creamy cajun sauce that was very complimentary. I could not resist a dozen oysters on the half shell as an appetizer. I was not disappointed! They were served very cold with a nice cocktail sauce. The oysters were very tasty, with a good amount of liquor. We sat inside and had a very nice view of the bay. The gouda cheese grits were recommended by our server as one of their " specialties" but I cannot endorse them. Sorta hard-not very cheesey. Overall very enjoyable experience.

Thank James W. P
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Cheesy grits topped with jumbo shrimp.....very rich and very good! At $20 a plate, this isn't a cheap restaurant, but it was excellent! We shared that dish, and got another grilled shrimp dish to share. Nice outside dining along the water, but still casual.