“Great for families!”
Review of Sam's Fun City

Sam's Fun City
Ranked #25 of 109 things to do in Pensacola
More attraction details
Owner description: The fun never ends at SAM'S FUN CITY! Located in the heart of Pensacola, just South of I-10 on Highway 29. SAM'S FUN CITY is Pensacola's only amusement and water park with over 20 rides and attractions for kids of every age! SAM'S FUN CITY is also the Gulf Coast home of Rocky and Bullwinkle. Whether you are wanting to drive Go-Carts, play Bumper Boats, score at Miniature Golf, ride down a Water Slide, or play tag with Laser Tag in the Arcade we have something for you! Come and play on our new indoor Play Zone City and inflatables.
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Great for families!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The staff is always amazing and it's an affordable place to visit when you want a break from the beach scene.

Food is affordable.

Hardly any waiting in line.

Their midnight drop on New Years Eve is a nice little get away.

Go-karts are a lot of fun for the little ones. They do a great job on making sure everyone is safe.

They also have a water park which is right by the family theme park.

Their park and restrooms are always clean.

Parking is FREE! :)

Website:

Visited June 2012
1 Thank LetsG0Family

• Turkish first
Mobile, Alabama
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great time at Sam's Surf City!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We took our 9 & 11 year old boys to the water park area and we all had a blast! I was very pleased with the layout of the water park as it made it very easy for me to keep my eyes on my boys. The lazy river is huge and so much fun. My boys had a blast on the slides. There is a really nice pool area for younger children as well. They even held several dance contests on the bridge which was really fun to watch. There are "lockers" at the facility that you can rent (more like plastic bins that are kept inside the concession area), which was very nice not to have to worry about keeping up with valuables.

Visited August 2012
Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We are Pensacola locals, and we will not be back. My daughter had her birthday party there last month. First of all the antique cars had a piece of track missing and the employees didn't realize it until after my daughter and her friends were on the ride. The employees ran to try and fix it before they derailed. Then my daughter was injured on the go-carts when another kid kept bumping her, and the employees didn't notice until he hit her hard and she wrecked. I tried to get their attention myself, but it was so loud that they couldn't hear me. After sitting out and recovering from her injury for about 30 minutes, she decided to ride the rides again only to be told that her birthday party wrist band had expired!!! They wouldn't let her ride even though she had sat out 30 minutes with ice on her knee!! I didn't want to end the party in this negative way, so I purchased bumper boat tickets for the whole party as a final ride before leaving. But, the bumper boats weren't working properly and 3 of the boats stopped working and the kids had to be pulled back in early. It was so ridiculous. I was glad to get out of there and will NEVER return. Stay away! Huge waste of money, and more importantly, NOT SAFE!!!!

Visited April 2013
11 Thank arewethereyetyet
Petal, Mississippi
“Boys and GoKarts”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Had friends in town and took the boys (really Men) to Sam's for the the gokarts. They had such fun, race after race after race. We have a great time and it is like there is something new everytime we visit. The bleachers are a nice touch we got to watch our men race!

Margie N
Petal, MS

Visited April 2013
Pensacola, Florida, United States
“Reminds me of the amusement parks I grew up with!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Sam's Fun City first opened when my kids were toddlers...and we've been loyal customers ever since! I love the size of the park...plenty to do, but small enough that I always felt my kids were safe. As the kids have gotten older, they've moved up to the go karts, lazer tag, and miniature golf. They still love the arcade!
I absolutely adore Sam's Surf City Water Park! I'm a teacher, so I spend just about everyday of the summer floating in the Lazy River :) The lifeguards are wonderful. They're polite, curteous, and consciencious. I've always felt very secure about letting my kids roam the park, because I know the lifeguards are really keeping an eye on them.
I would suggest getting the annual pass - you can get a pass for both parks, or one just for the water park. With the pass, you get a discount on all your food! Also, on Friday nights in the summer, they have a DJ at the water park. At 9:00 they have a FABULOUS fireworks display! It has given my family many happy memories that will last a lifetime :)

Visited August 2012