“rude and awful.”

WoodSpring Suites Pensacola Northeast
Pensacola
“rude and awful.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I don't even know where to begin. My stay was 3 long weeks. The employees here, especially the manager, are the most rude people I've met in awhile. The term customer service is not in their vocabulary. You have to turn in your linens for fresh ones and they WILL inspect them and if they even entertain the idea they can't get them clean, even if its something that only takes water to get it out, you will get charged $10 regardless. There are fees for everything. $45 if you don't give 24 hrs notice, $5 a day after that if you don't settle your bill, if there's a storm and your key card quits working and it's after hours it's $10 to "open the office", the TV only works part of the time and you don't get all the local channels and if you want internet be sure to take an ethernet cable. There 3 weeks and our room never got cleaned, yes the girl came in and took our towels without giving any in return but never cleaned a spec and reported to the desk she cleaned it. They will not take the customers word for it, they will even argue with you rather than look into it. Even the cleaning girl said she did then she did; according to them. Three weeks and the floor never got swept, mopped or vacuumed. Beds never got cleaned. Just be ready to have the whole staff always looking to charge you fees for something. Also, there's very little phone service any where in the hotel. Wonder why there's people always outside the hotel? It's because in order to talk on a cell you have to be outside. I will never ever stay here again and I will go on every site possible to tell people about it. Getting in and out of the parking lot is very awkward. I gave it one star for service because 1/2 or zero isn't an option. The rooms are very humid, a towel will not dry and my shorts got wet just laying in the room.

Room Tip: For a good room go non smoking. The smoking floor (3rd floor) smells absolutely HORRIBLE and the roo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank L M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Seaside, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

This extended stay hotel is a great value if you're spending a week or two on vacation. We're staying in the 2 bed studio. It's equipped with 2 double beds, table & 2 chairs, typical hotel room "easy" chair, cable TV, dresser and nightstand. It has a tub/shower bathroom a 2 burner stove, sink, full size refrig and microwave oven with kitchen cupboards too. It is spartan... no frills, but for $255.00 including tax for 7 nights it's a wonderful find.

Security is terrific with key locks on all doors and this neighborhood is great! We feel safe, secure and very comfy in our room. There is the typical hotel noise upstairs; we're on the ground floor so hear walking above, but other than that the Hotel is quiet and clean... sparkling clean in all public space and the parking lot. Smoking is not allowed in front of the buliding so no worries about walking through clouds of nasty smoke to enter the building.

The staff is friendly, helpful and up front about the terms of the "lease", the return of the $100 deposit etc. We're set for pots, pans & dishes; we have our camping box with us, but you can buy them for $30.00 if needed. This place is not a secret; we saw license plates from 15 states in the parking lot!

We are on an open-ended trip around the United States, and staying here is a fabulous break from endless one-night hotel rooms and a great way to save money for the next leg of our journey. We highly recommend Value Place on Scenic Drive in Pensacola, FL.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robyn F
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Pensacola Northeast, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Value Place! We try very hard to make every guest's stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. We hope you really enjoy the rest of your trip through the US!
Columbia, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Made my reservations on-line and then I get there and they charge me more for the rooms. Carpet was dirty, and the bed mattresses had big sags in the middle. The manger was about the most un-friendly guy I have ever met. Upon check-out he brings down a towel from my room and says it dirty and charges me $10.00 for it!! The rest of the staff seemed ok which I am supprised with having a manager like that. I stay in alot of hotels and this is by far the worst experience I have ever had!! By far THUMBS DOWN!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank dave m
College Station, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

Horrible. Staff is very rude. Does not know their own policy. Air conditioner smells like mold. Carpet was filthy. Chair was broken and was not replaced. Mattress was one big spring. No box spring at all, just a piece of wood. Elevator smelled horrible of cigarette smoke. Dogs everywhere. Supposed to be service animals but 3 at one time? Really? Yeah, okay. Drunks in the hallways being loud. Drunk coming out of building, getting in their car while drinking a beer and driving away. Harassed by tenant below me over the phone, calling me, being nasty and slamming down the phone in my ear. Attendant on duty just shrugged his shoulders at me when I complained after the second night of calls. It's in the "lease" that one signs when checking in that there is no tenant to tenant complaints or immediate eviction will result. The lady below kept calling ME complaining on Christmas night and said, "Merry Christmas. You're with your family and I'm not. Keep them quiet!" and slams the phone in my ear. This was not late either. The first night was only 8:06 pm. Like I said, Dan, on duty, did nothing but shrug his shoulders at me.
Do NOT expect courtesy, professionalism, or any politeness from the staff. NOT A FAMILY PLACE!! Nor is it quiet. Walls and floors are paper thin. You can hear the person next door put their fork down on their plate!
Don't stay here unless you're a construction worker, hooker/druggie, or maybe a partier/student. Anyone else will be very upset at the waste of money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mytraveltime2012
Blanchard, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel is like a man camp. No maid service except on thursday. Then its shabby! Hotel management(jared & mini me) are the rudest people, after you pay for your room, that god has on this earth. Lots of drinking outside of motel and people hanging out everwhere. To make a long story short, unless you car dies in front of this place and every other hotel has been blown away by a hurricane, go somewheres else! Only bright side is terry and manager that was great!

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank cajunman3371
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2010

I and a friend Miss. Leah Rivera reserved a room at the Pensacola Value Place. The first problem we encountered was your internet service and the ability to pay for the room online, not really sure why as every other website in the world for a website will allow you and you must present the card upon check in. not a problem we were asked to email the card and ID copy in order for me to check in as the other party is paying and would be here the next day to check in. Next I was told by only the manager Jodi but a clerk Sheri about the dish pack which i ordered online basically they shrugged it off Jodi's response was and i quote" My order from the warehouse didn't came in and the warehouse doesn't have anymore,another local value place doesn't have any either and i responded OK sooo what am i to do now i rented a room with a kitchenette for a reason I am having surgery here in Pensacola and unable to go out afterwards, she replied well you would have kept those dishes anyway you can go to the store and by some dishes and pans" I came from home what in the world would i need pots and dishes for and the other party in flying in where would she put the dishes. we thought we were paying to rent them. Second, i finally check in and put down my things and go to the restroom only to find that i am stuck on the toilet as there is no toilet paper, i had to get up wet I might add and hop to my purse and look for tissue, If i wasn't so mad at this point i would be hysterical because it's down right comical to this point I buy my own toilet paper as when i was leaving the manager was no longer at the desk I waited a moment then left. I purchased my own toilet paper and goods and returned. This when i encountered Sheri the night clerk I asked her do they not supply toilet paper she responded yes a roll I advised her that i had purchased some and what had happened and she snickered and then looked surprised. I also advised of the dish pack and that I was unable to find anything reasonably priced just to use for the week, I advised of my surgery and her response was and i quote again"not to sound funny or anything but either you are going to have to microwave your food or eat out" ok, so with that I go to my room to use the internet and was unable I was advised by her also that i had to purchase a $7.00 cord that i needed that i could keep as well..fine I have paid for clean linen no worries I'm not surprised as fate would have it another resident exchanging her laundry over heard as was nice enough to give me an extra cord that they had. A resident you had staying was nicer and way more professional than your staff how could that be. Third and final straw I went back to my room to shower as I had a business law paper to write. after i showered i pulled back the covers to get in bed and found two hairs from I believe the last resident in the bed. Seriously, so I went to the front but the clerk is now gone, I called the 500 number for assistance but there was no answer I tried a few more times so i could receive clean linen but no luck, so not knowing if the other bed had the same issue i didn't undo i turned up the heat and slept on top of the spread. I arose at 6:30 as I couldn't sleep this way anymore I called the 500 number from the crackling phone from the room and security is what the gentlemen said when he answered I advised him I needed clean linen and try to explain the situation as I wanted to go back to bed and get some rest and he said and again I quote" well you ain't getting no linen here till 9:00 am when the front desk comes in" Okay so i have no dishes, i have had to jump from the toilet to find something to clean myself with, my linen wasn't changed and had to sleep on a bed with no blankets until 6am. When is enough enough and I take my things and go any other sane person would have left last night oh yeah let me not forget the part where Jodi the manager advised Sheri as she told me that I the women in room 121 was a handful....and I quoted here again why is that because I posed an honest question about the dishes and then i asked for a corporate number I could call. I also advised her that it was no reflection on her she was kind it was just that services had alot to be desired. I have traveled quite a bit and I'm by no means rich so I am not some NYC hotshot I just know when I am not getting what I paid for and this definitely fit the criteria , I pose to you reader after reading this? would you have been angry? would you have stayed here in this establishment 12 days? I am sorry but, I in good faith could not. I am checking out this morning and will not be returning, I have written the company and can't wait for their response

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank RavenGibbs
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

Value place

I have stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. During the first week I had problems with the staff, particularly the woman who worked the front desk. Her name was Amber. She is combative and argumentative and doesn’t help much. In the two weeks I have been here, I have seen cockroaches and some other insects I think are called silver fish. They have a forked tail. I have also seen roach eggs. The cleaning staff is lousy, came by once after I was here a week and only put my comforter on the bed and removed my dirty towels. They didn’t even clean out the garbage cans or clean the kitchen or return clean towels. I had to go to the front desk to request clean towels, whereupon Amber acknowledged the woman did this frequently.

One day because my garbage was full and I didn’t see any cans I put a empty card board box in the hall hoping thinking I would dump it later, or maybe some cleaning staff would pick it up. Instead, Amber knocked on my door and complained to me. I said there are no garbage cans here to dump this stuff and then she mentioned there’s one outside - in the rear of the building. Like I’m supposed to know that.

The bed is hard, one of the old-fashioned spring types. The blanket is the cheaper motel kind. I use my own personal blanket. One day I ran out of toilet paper and asked for a roll, they said they don’t provide them. I offered to buy one, she said they didn’t carry anything. Great service, don’t expect it. In fact, although there is a kitchen it comes completely devoid of anything, no plates, silverware, cups or frying pans. You have to purchase or rent everything. Not even a coffee pot, although you can rent one for $10/week.

I had mentioned in the beginning of my stay I wanted a quiet room. Amber assured me it was quiet. It was not quiet. It is on the first floor facing the highway. I woke up every day at 4am due to the traffic. The final straw came when my neighbor decided to hold an impromptu concert. They were playing guitars and drums in the room. He woke me at 10pm. I wake up at 4am. I start working at 6am. I need my rest. In the morning I spoke with Amber and Susan. I asked for a different room. I told her about my neighbor, and mentioned the room was too close to the highway. She replied “I would have to pay a cleaning fee”. I said what? How about I just move out? I asked to move rooms. Amber asked why. I said its too noisy.

Furthermore, I lost my change ($1.00) due to a defective dryer on Tuesday. I asked for a refund on Thursday, I was told I had to speak with Susan in the morning. I work in the morning, and wouldn’t be able to speak with her. So then she had the nerve to ask me to fill out a form, just to leave the hotel. The hotel policy is to demand you give them written notice one day prior to leaving. I suppose they would try to collect and additional week if you don’t give it to them. I couldn’t believe it. I filled out the form, with less than flattering responses. I mentioned I had been dissatisfied and didn’t appreciate the staff help. That evening, they cancelled my Internet out of spite, which I have been paying an additional ten dollars a week to use. This was on a Friday, so that no one was around, and I would have no Internet access all weekend. Talk about petty.

On Saturday the office was open. There was a new man there. I told him about the Internet access which I need to work in the hotel. I normally document the computer procedures for the navy in the hotel. He said he would check it and turn it back on. It wasn’t turned on. I didn’t get Internet access again. He came back on Sunday and asked if it was working. If he in fact turned it on, why would he ask again? I replied, it’s not, don’t bother, I’m leaving in the am. He assured me they would give me a complete refund for the lack of internet usage. I left in the morning with no refund.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business